SportsWrath

Chris Cooley?

Virginia Giant

The redskins placed the Franchise tag on Fred Davis. Not sure if Cooley is injured or if his ability has slacked off, I just saw that Davis was tagged and was curious if that could mean Cooley could be traded. He's signed through 2013. ($3.8 in 2012 and $3.85 in 2013).

Always liked Cooley, he's get along with Eli famously.

I'd have to say pass. He's really not the type of TE our team tends to favor. We go for dudes that are Like 6-5 250 pound TEs usually with the exception of Beckum. Beckums actually a decent comparison to Cooly, although Cooley has outproduced Beckum by a mile.

I'd rather sign a big body who can block and catch fairly, or a guy with upside. Isn't a bad idea though, we can pretty much use anyone to play TE next year with just Pascoe and a pectins squad guy healthy as of now.

I dont think Cooley is the answer we are looking for at TE. Now if it means he would be an upgrade to beckham, then Maybe. How bad did Ballard get hurt again? the TE FA market is null.

I dont know, Id say give Cooley a chance. Like VG said, we dont know if Davis was getting more playing time due to Chris' poor performance, or if its some other reason. I always remember Colley being a good blocker with good hands.

Ballard and Beckum both tore their ACL's in the Superbowl

Then perhaps the first player off the board for the Giants should be a TE.. .. I have this odd feeling it may end up being Evan Rodriguez out of Temple..but no doubt true to form the Giants will pick BPA.