SportsWrath

Does it really matter??

Guest StrahansGap

+1.

In fact, Green Bay didn't begin their run until the Giants game last season.

It's amazing to think how close Green Bay was to not making the playoffs. Hell if the Giants hadn't completely shat their drawers against the Eagles it would have been game over for Green Bay then.

+1.

In fact, Green Bay didn't begin their run until the Giants game last season.

Amazing, right?

I have to admit though that I'm baffled by all the fucking Aaron Rodgers talk. I must have heard ten sportscasters this year say he's the best quarterback who's ever lived.

He's really good, borderline great, but we at least have him win another Super Bowl before he's anointed "Greatest of All Time?" News on every level is fucking retarded these days.

Amazing, right?

I have to admit though that I'm baffled by all the fucking Aaron Rodgers talk. I must have heard ten sportscasters this year say he's the best quarterback who's ever lived.

He's really good, borderline great, but we at least have him win another Super Bowl before he's anointed "Greatest of All Time?" News on every level is fucking retarded these days.

Rodgers is in an absolute zone right now, but yeah, it's like declaring a baseball player "better than Babe Ruth" after one tremendous season.

Absolutely no perspective these days.

And frankly, I wouldn't put him in Montana's class at this point.....can't put a stat on how cool Montana was in huge games.

Do you guys think he's just going to stop being the best QB in the league (and his competition isn't anywhere close)? I don't. I can absolutely see why people are already calling him the best QB that's ever lived.

The world of hyperbole. Everything is the "best" or "the greatest ever". The guy is on another level right now but there is still plenty of season left. If he leads the Packers to an undefeated season and a Super Bowl though and finishes with a QB rating in the 120's we can probably legitimately discuss if this is the greatest single season performance of all time.

Amazing, right?

Exactly.....according to the newscasters Johnny Unitas would be sucking his cock....and every other great QB would be vying to be his butler, valet, driver, etc.

The world of hyperbole. Everything is the "best" or "the greatest ever". The guy is on another level right now but there is still plenty of season left. If he leads the Packers to an undefeated season and a Super Bowl though and finishes with a QB rating in the 120's we can probably legitimately discuss if this is the greatest single season performance of all time.

Yep....nothing can ever just be good...it has to be the greatest ever.....

Over 70% of his passes complete, nearly 3500 yards with 6 games still left, 33 touchdowns, and 4 ints....Aaron Rodgers is making his own case that he is having the greatest individual season ever, not the newscasters.

Over 70% of his passes complete, nearly 3500 yards with 6 games still left, 33 touchdowns, and 4 ints....Aaron Rodgers is making his own case that he is having the greatest individual season ever, not the newscasters.

He's really good, there's no doubt. What happens if he throws 4 picks a game from here till the end of the season and is shown the door in the first round of the playoffs?

We've got guys out there with decades of great seasons... this guy is having ONE. Fuck, it's not even over yet... a little perspective is all I'm asking for. It reminds me of the Denver Broncos in '98 where halfway through the season there were a million "which team is the greatest of all time, the '72 Dolphins or the '99 Broncos?" polls before the season was even over... everyone just assumed that Denver would go undefeated. After the Giants handed them their first loss, all of that talk went in the shitter.

I think the pressure will be on the packers now. With all eyes off the Giants and everyone thinking they will loose. That's when the Giants play their best. But you already know this!!

Thanks Mr Obvious :thumbs:

:P

Rodgers is in an absolute zone right now, but yeah, it's like declaring a baseball player "better than Babe Ruth" after one tremendous season.

Absolutely no perspective these days.

And frankly, I wouldn't put him in Montana's class at this point.....can't put a stat on how cool Montana was in huge games.

He was, from but from a talent perspective, I don't think Montana is in the top 25. Montana would throw balls that looked like he had cerebral palsy and somehow they would get snatched out of the air by Rice,Taylor,Jones,Clark.

He's really good, there's no doubt. What happens if he throws 4 picks a game from here till the end of the season and is shown the door in the first round of the playoffs?

We've got guys out there with decades of great seasons... this guy is having ONE. Fuck, it's not even over yet... a little perspective is all I'm asking for. It reminds me of the Denver Broncos in '98 where halfway through the season there were a million "which team is the greatest of all time, the '72 Dolphins or the '99 Broncos?" polls before the season was even over... everyone just assumed that Denver would go undefeated. After the Giants handed them their first loss, all of that talk went in the shitter.

Yeah, that Broncos team only went on the win to the super bowl, for the second straight year. I think they were still considered a great team, led by the best QB ever.

not sure your point is valid. are you talking about the packers being over rated or rodgers? besides, the broncos go 14-2 and won the superbowl in '98.. and elway is the greatest.

sorry, 25. didn't see your response.

I can't see that happening, he's a Cerebral Assassin (did that one for you Herc), he doesn't make mental mistakes....and his arm strength and ability to see the field is amazing. The only thing holding him back, IMO, is his wide receivers and Finley's inconsistency. Greg Jennings is the only one on that squad that I would take over any of our wide receivers. James Jones is decent but to me is even more of a question mark than Manningham with a similar skill set. Jordy Nelson is good but he's like their Victor Cruz, IMO, and Cruz has more play making ability.

One good season? He's been doing this since 2008, where have you been, bro?

I am pretty sure Eli Manning has yet to put up a single better season than Aaron Rodgers has in his 4 years as starter and Eli has had since 2004. Just to put it in perspective.

Nelson leads the NFL in YAC average. It's something insane around 9 per catch. I think he's really good. Jennings is better than Nicks right now but considering Hakeem is only 23, there's plenty of room for growth providing he stays healthy.

I figured it'd be Welker...Nelson is a good player but it seems some games he just isn't targeted and I don't know if it's because Rodgers has so many options or if it's because certain teams work to limit him

Wow, Storm, that is a homerific post. Not sure if you've seen a lot of Packers' games, but you are underrating their receivers. Especially Nelson. I would trade any 2 offensive skill position players right now not named Nicks for Jordy Nelson right now. Jordy Nelson in our offense, shit. You put Nelson opposite of Nicks and we're kicking ass. Nelson is not only better than Manningham and Cruz, he's MILES better. Nelson is a stud. I like Cruz, and Manningham is no slouch, but Jordy Nelson is a 6'3", 217 lb receiver with hands like glue, that can run like a gazelle. He brings not only the speed, but the size factor that Cruz and Manningham don't have. He's physical, and a guy that can beat you deep. Jennings and Nelson... that's the best WR tandem in the NFL by FAR.

As for Rodgers... the x factor for him is that he's as good a runner/scramber as Steve Young was in his prime. And he drops dimes 40, 50 yards down field. I absolutely buy the hype. You have to respect his accuracy, and his ability to tuck and run. He doesn't make mistakes with the football, and literally every posession, if the Packers don't score a TD you feel like your defense got away with one. You throw in Finley, and even though he hasn't been quite the same since his injury last year, he's still one of the better TE's in the NFL.

Give me Hakeem Nicks over anybody the Packers have... but after that, the Packers have us beat easily in the receiver department, and even though I love me some Eli, come on. Rodgers is unreal. And it's not just because they won the Super Bowl last year. Anybody that says it's crazy to talk about Rodgers as an all-time great right now on the basis of 1+ year is kidding themselves. Prior to their Super Bowl win, some of us were already saying he was the best QB in the NFL, better than Brady, Brees, Manning, any of them. His 2009 numbers were unprecedented for a 2nd year starter. His first season as a starter was phenomenal. He is a QB savant. And the scary thing is, he might not have peaked yet. This year is his best yet, and that's a very scary thing. The man is literally doing things that have never been done before.

Unfortunately, Aaron Rodgers is going to dominate the next 10 years of NFL history. The Packers is going to be a dynasty as long as they can keep Rodgers and a few other key players healthy. I just hope the Giants can sneak 1 more Super Bowl win in during the Aaron Rodgers era. It's not hyperbole. It's just recognizing greatness when you're witnessing it. That's what we're seeing... a combination of Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and John Elway all rolled into one. He's THAT good.