SportsWrath

Unbelievable

Sephiroth

I think its the weather... And I'm not joking either.

Weather got shit to do with it, Nem. Let's face it.. the team wasn't as good as 6-2 when it was that.. we had a soft schedule... the Eagles are no walk in the park.. no team in the NFL is for that matter... Our OL is visibly worse than years past... It's too bad O and Richie were injured and had to be let go with... However our D is really where we are stuck.. we have the talent to stifle teams.. for whatever fucking reason Fewel is not aggressive...

Our OL sucked so bad last night.. we had no running game and Eli was harassed every time... our D line sucked so bad we couldn't stop the Eagles (9 fucking minute drive :angry:) and they made V Young look like Aaron Rodgers.

I'm not one to get too high or too low.. I think the team deserved to lose last night... we're not as bad as we showed last night... If I had to pick one person to blame for last night it's Fewel.

Weather got shit to do with it, Nem. Let's face it.. the team wasn't as good as 6-2 when it was that.. we had a soft schedule... the Eagles are no walk in the park.. no team in the NFL is for that matter... Our OL is visibly worse than years past... It's too bad O and Richie were injured and had to be let go with... However our D is really where we are stuck.. we have the talent to stifle teams.. for whatever fucking reason Fewel is not aggressive...

Our OL sucked so bad last night.. we had no running game and Eli was harassed every time... our D line sucked so bad we couldn't stop the Eagles (9 fucking minute drive :angry:) and they made V Young look like Aaron Rodgers.

I'm not one to get too high or too low.. I think the team deserved to lose last night... we're not as bad as we showed last night... If I had to pick one person to blame for last night it's Fewel.

wait, you mean losing to the redskins week 1 and to the seahawks at home weren't red flags? you mean slopping to a win against the rams, and having to come back every week against teams like the cardinals and now the bills who are starting to show just where they truly are in the mix weren't red flags? hmmm, where has this been stated? oh yeah, the dog has been saying this for weeks. the bottom line is, this team is not a great team. they are just ok. they have been just ok all year and in recent years. why games like last night are a shock to anyone is just plain fascinating. but the good news is, their "elite" QB will come up big and lead them through these challenging times to right the ship as he has done over his "elite" career....wait a second....

wait, you mean losing to the redskins week 1 and to the seahawks at home weren't red flags? you mean slopping to a win against the rams, and having to come back every week against teams like the cardinals and now the bills who are starting to show just where they truly are in the mix weren't red flags? hmmm, where has this been stated? oh yeah, the dog has been saying this for weeks. the bottom line is, this team is not a great team. they are just ok. they have been just ok all year and in recent years. why games like last night are a shock to anyone is just plain fascinating. but the good news is, their "elite" QB will come up big and lead them through these challenging times to right the ship as he has done over his "elite" career....wait a second....

This team is 6-4 dog... those same Cardinals just beat the Eagles.. those Eagles who beat us last night.. we beat them a couple of weeks ago.. the same Eagles who embarrassed the Cowboys... this is the NFL and much like every other team outside the Packers.. we got some issues. We're better than we showed last night that's for sure.

And Eli is playing at an elite level.. can't blame for Ballard's lack of focus last night.

This team is 6-4 dog... those same Cardinals just beat the Eagles.. those Eagles who beat us last night.. we beat them a couple of weeks ago.. the same Eagles who embarrassed the Cowboys... this is the NFL and much like every other team outside the Packers.. we got some issues. We're better than we showed last night that's for sure.

And Eli is playing at an elite level.. can't blame for Ballard's lack of focus last night.

nas, see the dog's other post regarding the level of the giants and their record. as far as eli goes, the dog's issue is and always has been consistency. no other "elite" qb in the league has ever required so many excuses to support that label. their play week in and week out squelches any argument. if the dog tried to argue that aaron rodgers was not playing at an elite level, it would be stupid. with eli, it is always an excuse. his receivers are hurt...his security blanket was suspended...they dropped passes...the weather...the coaching....etc...he is a solid qb. they needed him to step up last night and right the ship from the get go...didn't happen.

nas, see the dog's other post regarding the level of the giants and their record. as far as eli goes, the dog's issue is and always has been consistency. no other "elite" qb in the league has ever required so many excuses to support that label. their play week in and week out squelches any argument. if the dog tried to argue that aaron rodgers was not playing at an elite level, it would be stupid. with eli, it is always an excuse. his receivers are hurt...his security blanket was suspended...they dropped passes...the weather...the coaching....etc...he is a solid qb. they needed him to step up last night and right the ship from the get go...didn't happen.

Not making excuses.. just keep in mind Eli plays in NY... under the microscope if you will.. and whoever that jackass announcer last night.. Chris Collinshit.. he just couldn't hide his disdain for the Giants. One thing we can focus on regarding last night.. it's rhythm.. Eli placed the ball where it needed to be and on a lot occasions.. balls were dropped... can't fault him for that.. Eli is solid... the Giants had a shitty game last night... NO QB can do better when he's being harassed on every play.

Not making excuses.. just keep in mind Eli plays in NY... under the microscope if you will.. and whoever that jackass announcer last night.. Chris Collinshit.. he just couldn't hide his disdain for the Giants. One thing we can focus on regarding last night.. it's rhythm.. Eli placed the ball where it needed to be and on a lot occasions.. balls were dropped... can't fault him for that.. Eli is solid... the Giants had a shitty game last night... NO QB can do better when he's being harassed on every play.

I don't know, Nas. The INT's he has thrown the last two weeks were as bad as any QB I have every seen. And you have the protect the ball better than that on the last fumble. He steps up to avoid the rush so he has to know guys are behind him -- especially given the pressure he was under all night.

That was not an elite effort last night. Montana, who is the definition of elit, didn't finish off drives like that. If he had, we wouldn't even remember who he was...

I don't know, Nas. The INT's he has thrown the last two weeks were as bad as any QB I have every seen. And you have the protect the ball better than that on the last fumble. He steps up to avoid the rush so he has to know guys are behind him -- especially given the pressure he was under all night.

That was not an elite effort last night. Montana, who is the definition of elit, didn't finish off drives like that. If he had, we wouldn't even remember who he was...

Eli was not spectacular last night... and we had the chance to tie the game again... if you want to point at the flaw that did us in, I guarantee you it's not Eli...

My research has discovered some startling information:

When your team can't run the ball, can't catch the ball, and can't block a pass rush, it actually impacts the performance of the quarterback.

Stunning, I know.

When your team can't run the ball, can't catch the ball, and can't block a pass rush, it actually impacts the performance of the quarterback.

Stunning, I know.

This is devastating.

Stunning, I know.

and when your receiver catches a routine 7 yard hitch and turns it into a 74 yard TD, that can make a solid QB's numbers look "elite"...the dog finds that stunning news as well...

and when your receiver catches a routine 7 yard hitch and turns it into a 74 yard TD, that can make a solid QB's numbers look "elite"...the dog finds that stunning news as well...

Here is what I find interesting:

• Giants lose in Week 1, and you are out of the gate with a scathing thread.
  • Giants go up 6-2, Eli is top 5 QB, and you suggest we wait until the end of the season to judge Manning.
  • Giants lose to Eagles, and you emerge from your self-imposed exile to comment anew.

Here is what I find interesting:

• Giants lose in Week 1, and you are out of the gate with a scathing thread.
  • Giants go up 6-2, Eli is top 5 QB, and you suggest we wait until the end of the season to judge Manning.
  • Giants lose to Eagles, and you emerge from your self-imposed exile to comment anew.

sorry joe...check the dates. the dog posted the "scathing"thread the day after the saints-packers thursday night game to open the season prior to the giants playing...that eli laid a mild egg on that sunday was just a bonus...

and the dog has held firm to his position all along. that everyone else wants to jump in after 8 games and declare whatever they want to declare prematurely is their own thing...

sorry joe...check the dates. the dog posted the "scathing"thread the day after the saints-packers thursday night game to open the season prior to the giants playing...that eli laid a mild egg on that sunday was just a bonus...

and the dog has held firm to his position all along. that everyone else wants to jump in after 8 games and declare whatever they want to declare prematurely is their own thing...

Eli played very well under the circumstances last night.. he's the last one to blamed for the loss.

So, I should ignore it when you "do your own thing" in condemning my hero?

Eli played very well under the circumstances last night.. he's the last one to blamed for the loss.

Yep yep.

As mentioned...it was the line play on both sides of the ball that sucked ass and lost the game. Dropped passes were icing on the poor-line-play cake.

If Eli doesn't have a running game, doesn't have adequate pass blocking, and has receivers dropping the few passes he is getting off clean...not sure what else you'd ask him to do.

So, I should ignore it when you "do your own thing" in condemning my hero?

the dog thinks you should do what your heart tells you to do...but matters of the heart can often lead to a misrepresentation of the truth...the dog is just saying.

That INT was awful last night. He got scared of being rushed and there was no one within 5 yards of him.

Eli deserves just as much credit for the loss as anyone else. Two weeks in a row, the ball was in his hands at the end of the game...

And both times, these awful WR's whom most NFL commentators and coaches seem to think are pretty good, NEVER HAD AN OPPORTUNITY to make a play because their QB couldn't deliver the ball.

Last week, it was deflected. Few QB's have had more deflections (one cost them the game in Washington earlier this year) than Eli.

Last night, he fumbled. Forget about the o-line. At that stage of the game, with that much time on the clock, you need to protect the ball and live to fight another play.

And the interceptions the last 2 weeks -- God awful.

Eli is not bad QB by any means. But why everyone wants to pamper this guy is beyond me.

He's been in the league what? Eight years? Time to take the diaper off...

Eli deserves just as much credit for the loss as anyone else. Two weeks in a row, the ball was in his hands at the end of the game...

And both times, these awful WR's whom most NFL commentators and coaches seem to think are pretty good, NEVER HAD AN OPPORTUNITY to make a play because their QB couldn't deliver the ball.

Last week, it was deflected. Few QB's have had more deflections (one cost them the game in Washington earlier this year) than Eli.

Last night, he fumbled. Forget about the o-line. At that stage of the game, with that much time on the clock, you need to protect the ball and live to fight another play.

And the interceptions the last 2 weeks -- God awful.

Eli is not bad QB by any means. But why everyone wants to pamper this guy is beyond me.

He's been in the league what? Eight years? Time to take the diaper off...

that is 100% the case. no other "elite" qb is given that label but has it based on 101 excuses to justify it. the dog has said, he is a solid QB that has shown he can get the job done. why everyone wants to stretch him to something he isn't doesn't make sense. possibly it what the dog has said before - the expectations were so high, b/c he has the manning name...b/c he orchestrated a trade without ever setting foot on an NFL field...b/c they gave up a lot for him...b/c he had the huge contract....etc...

the dog thinks it's possible he doesn't like pressure believe it or not, b/c he has a decent track record at bringing the team back. but the reality is, last minute comebacks come with less pressure, b/c all expectations are off. you have nothing to lose, so the pressure is off. get him on the road and he performs better - possibly too much pressure at the home front? send him in the playoffs on the road against teams youre not expected to beat, and his performance is better...just a very loose theory, but who knows...

Stunning, I know.

This is exactly what happened. Giants receivers dropped 6 balls, and David Diehl, McKenzie, and Beatty were beaten badly at times last night. There were only a few times where Eli had good protection, and in those times, he more often than not threw some good passes that were either caught or dropped. I will say the INT he threw is totally on him. But this team would've been able to overcome that one misfire had they been able to run the ball, catch passes, and pass protect, as you said Joe.

Stunning, I know.

Allow me to summarize...when your team can't play football, you tend to lose.