SportsWrath

That game

Allstarjim

Was a classic. I can think of very few regular season games that had that kind of intensity and drama, with a comeback to win it against Brady's Patriots... that victory is very sweet indeed. The Eagles' game this year is the only one that surpasses this one in terms of how satisfied I feel with this victory.

I will say, for Storm, you could definitely tell the difference with not having Hakeem Nicks out on the field. Quite a few times there was no place for Eli to throw it, other times he was throwing dangerous passes that could have been disastrous. The middle of the field seemed to be much better defended than we've seen in games past. The big completion to Ballard had to be a perfect throw and great catch, and it was. There's no doubt in my mind that Nicks' presence on the field opens things up for the other receivers. Hopefully, he makes the trip to San Francisco, because we'll need him!

I really like what I saw from Ramses, in fact, I thought they should have gone to him a bit more especially on the fade in the red zone. But we did see some miss communications with Eli and Ramses a couple of times, similar to what we saw with Eli in Cruz early in the year. Get him the reps and they will get on the same page. It looked like Eli wanted the fade in the end zone on one play, threw the fade, and Ramses ran the post. I was yelling at the TV, "COME ON, RAMSES! YOU'RE 6'6", WHAT ROUTE DO YOU THINK ELI WANTS YOU TO RUN?!"

What a great game, I told my wife when Brady was down there in the red zone but there was still about 2 minutes left in the game... I said, don't get to excited when Brady scores here, Eli is going to take us right back down the field for at least a FG if not the game winner. And that's what happened.

All the doubters about this team can keep doubting. We just won a game with mismatches in New England's favor all over the field. Wilfork against Boothe. Rolle against Welker. Gronkowski against anybody we threw up against him, lol. We won without Ahmad. Without our #1 receiver and game changer in Nicks. But we won because we had the better QB yesterday!

All the naysayers said this stretch is going to kill us, and our division lead will evaporate. In truth, it still could... but UH-OH! Eli isn't let it going to go to according to that script! Have fun clawing for the Wild Card, because this team is taking this division! This team now only has to go 4-4 the rest of the way to get to 10 wins. And every game for the Eagles and Cowboys is a must win, now. Yeah boys, let's take this thing!

I know Nicks being out didn't help, but going 4/14 on 3rd downs is pathetic, as is our redzone efficiency. We should have shut this game down early the way our D was playing and nearly payed the price for letting a good team hang around.

Barden was okay but did you see him dancing around when he was supposed to be run blocking? He has a way to go yet before he's a regular contributor.

I know Nicks being out didn't help, but going 4/14 on 3rd downs is pathetic, as is our redzone efficiency. We should have shut this game down early the way our D was playing and nearly payed the price for letting a good team hang around.

Barden was okay but did you see him dancing around when he was supposed to be run blocking? He has a way to go yet before he's a regular contributor.

Geez, Tree, you would've thought we lost reading your post. I'm ecstatic that despite the negatives, we pulled out the 'W' against a very good team who HAD a 31 game win streak at home.

One matchup I thought would be a problem was because we didn't have Baas, we had All-Pro Vince Wilfork on Kevin Boothe. Boothe has been lauded on his play before, and rightfully so, but it's usually when he's playing OG. He is a much better Guard than Center. And on that one play, I believe it was a third down play as well, he had that bad snap with Eli in the shotgun, and Eli had no chance as where he snapped it to, the defense was blitzing on that side. Eli just had to throw it away a few times, but when it counted, he came through.

On Barden, that play where it looked almost like Eli was throwing it to the defensive back of New England, Ramses just reached out and snatched it away. That was HUGE. I think Barden can be a big factor going forward.

Eli threw a pass right at the defender and Barden snatched it... like Jim said.. more reps and we're cooking... Can you imagine this team with a healthy and jelling OL.. Soctty and Barden in the mix?

Not to change the subject entirely, but did anyone else see the Da'Rell Scott sighting? He was in there for a play and picked up a first down. Hope to see more of that.

I'm sick of DJ Ware.

I saw that and Scott looked nice on that play. He really showed his quicks on that play and I'll tell you, I think he's a guy that's one missed or broken tackle away from taking it to the house!

Also, I know he got beat on that last Pats' TD (even though Gronk pushed off), but Michael Boley played one hell of a game. Our linebackers don't seem to get a lot of credit, but Boley played big time yesterday, as well as my boy Kiwanuka!

Also, I know he got beat on that last Pats' TD (even though Gronk pushed off), but Michael Boley played one hell of a game. Our linebackers don't seem to get a lot of credit, but Boley played big time yesterday, as well as my boy Kiwanuka!

I think that our improved LBers have had as much an impact this season as our improved D line is. Our safeties get to actually play safety as opposed to being brought down in the box for run/underneath coverage support. This has made the injuries in our secondary less of an issue. Greg Jones, for a rookie, isn't getting his name called a whole lot as far as making plays, but given he's a rookie, the fact that he's not getting his name called for getting beat or being attacked constantly by opposing offenses says a lot about him. I'll look for his improving in years to come. The experience he's getting will only make him better.

Man I agree....Boley had an outstanding game and was an animal out there yesterday. Love it!

The 3rd down has been a big problem for the Giants all year. Also Eli needs to stop that back foot lob bull shit.

Geez, Tree, you would've thought we lost reading your post. I'm ecstatic that despite the negatives, we pulled out the 'W' against a very good team who HAD a 31 game win streak at home.

We could have done much better against the last-ranked pass D in the league. You can't be happy with 4/14 on 3rd down, W or L. The D played their asses off and the O needs to be able to capitalise on the opportunities they create. We were lucky to get away with it yesterday.

We could have done much better against the last-ranked pass D in the league. You can't be happy with 4/14 on 3rd down, W or L. The D played their asses off and the O needs to be able to capitalise on the opportunities they create. We were lucky to get away with it yesterday.

There's always room for improvement, no doubt. I have to believe with Bradshaw and Nicks, that 4/14 would've been at least 8 or 9/14.

The D yesterday on that final Patriots drive should face every bit as much criticism as what you're giving the passing offense.

Eli has been playing great most of the yr, but if I had one complaint.........this would be it. :furious:

He really didn't wanna take the sack.. it's not the backfoot as much as he should just throw it away instead of throwing a jump ball.

There's always room for improvement, no doubt. I have to believe with Bradshaw and Nicks, that 4/14 would've been at least 8 or 9/14.

The D yesterday on that final Patriots drive should face every bit as much criticism as what you're giving the passing offense.

One poor drive by the D does not equal a whole game's worth of misfires from the O. It's a major concern. It's nice Eli can pick it up in the 4th and win on the final drive of the game but I'd much rather have it in the bag by halftime.

One poor drive by the D does not equal a whole game's worth of misfires from the O. It's a major concern. It's nice Eli can pick it up in the 4th and win on the final drive of the game but I'd much rather have it in the bag by halftime.

A lot of it seems to be come from the OL.. Baas is oft injured and he hasn't been better than O'Hara. And you can add our lackluster running game to that too.

Apparently you don't watch many Giants games. :P I can't even remember the last time the Giants were up 3 scores by halftime. Hell when was the last time the backup QB was put into action because the game is a lock. I was extremely nervous on Sunday because it seemed like a typical Giants game. The D totally shuts down Brady in the first half and the O decides to do nothing.

All things considered, missing #1 WR and RB and center, the O did reasonably well especially at WR. The starters yesterday were an extremely streaky Manningham, a rookie Cruz and a very inexperienced Barden. Then at RB we have Jacobs (who talks a big game but is very inconsistent), DJ NoWhere and a rookie Scott (who needs to play more). The O had a lot to overcome yesterday. Thank the lord almighty for Ballard though. Bleedin called that one right.

I'd prefer to have the game in the bag too by halftime, but that's a rarity for even the 'dominant' teams. Green Bay is widely regarded as the best team in the NFL. They were in a shootout yesterday with a San Diego team. That game wasn't decided until late, even with two pick-sixes by Green Bay.

I think the better argument would be to say that the Giants need to take more advantage of the opportunities its given to close out the game. Whether it's the defense needing a stop on 4th down to prevent a TD or needing to have tighter coverage on Welker...or whether it's the offense earlier in the game needing to run more or score TDs as opposed to FGs. There is always room for improvement across the board.

I'd prefer to have the game in the bag too by halftime, but that's a rarity for even the 'dominant' teams. Green Bay is widely regarded as the best team in the NFL. They were in a shootout yesterday with a San Diego team. That game wasn't decided until late, even with two pick-sixes by Green Bay.

I think the better argument would be to say that the Giants need to take more advantage of the opportunities its given to close out the game. Whether it's the defense needing a stop on 4th down to prevent a TD or needing to have tighter coverage on Welker...or whether it's the offense earlier in the game needing to run more or score TDs as opposed to FGs. There is always room for improvement across the board.

The Giants could have put themselves in a much easier position to win this game had Eli not thrown the interception in the end zone. You're possibly looking at 17-3 instead of a tie game along with losing all of the momentum. That they were able to overcome the swing and have touchdown drives to take the lead twice is really impressive to me. That said, we were in New England. I know this Patriot team is a very flawed group but they hadn't lost a regular season game at home for the better part of a full season and Brady hadn't dropped one in almost two full years worth of games. This was a great accomplishment and can really help set the Giants up with some added confidence for the rest of this tough stretch.

Nobody should freak out over how they played in a victory on the road, against a team that always wins at home, headed by one of the best QB's in the NFL.

Giants went in and was the physically superior team, and made enough plays to win. The one play that sticks in my craw a little bit was the INT by Eli, because he had gone over 100 pass attempts without a pick and it was off the back foot. That pass he should've thrown away. But I can't come down too hard on Eli because he's been the team's MVP so far this year, on a team that is 6-2 with big wins against Philly and N.E. Off to San Francisco to show them how we do it in the NFC Beast!

That would be an EXCELLENT argument!

:thumbs: