SportsWrath

Does anyone else listen to Colin Cowherd's Cowboy rant daily?

JackStroud

Its hilarious!!!!

you would think the Cowboys had won the last ten Super Bowls and Tony Romo's shoes have already been sent to Canton for bronzing

He's actually a pretty smart guy but his man love for Romo and the Cowboys is insane. There is no rational expaination

The Giants? All he has ever said is "He cannot imagine how anyone can be a Giants fan".........I'm sure he cannot. :rolleyes:

I also hate laker fans who swear Kobe is better than Jordan.

A much more plausible argument than LeBron but still ridiculous in my opinion.

At least Kobe has championships, but he always had Shaq, who IMO, was just as big a factor as Kobe.

Jordan won his championships with a bunch of role players and Scottie Pippen.

Yeah and Jordan beat some of the truly great teams and players of the 90's. They beat Magic Johnson's and James Worthy's Lakers, that very good Trailblazers team with Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkely's Suns, Stockton and Malone's Jazz (twice), and the Seattle SuperSonics (who I think was the weakest team of this group). Coming out of the East was no picnic either as he had to beat the Detroit 'Bad Boys' early in his career, and had to beat the great Knicks teams of the 90's after that which was no picnic.

And most importantly, back then you were allowed to play defense in the NBA.

Yeah and Jordan beat some of the truly great teams and players of the 90's. They beat Magic Johnson's and James Worthy's Lakers, that very good Trailblazers team with Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkely's Suns, Stockton and Malone's Jazz (twice), and the Seattle SuperSonics (who I think was the weakest team of this group). Coming out of the East was no picnic either as he had to beat the Detroit 'Bad Boys' early in his career, and had to beat the great Knicks teams of the 90's after that which was no picnic.

And most importantly, back then you were allowed to play defense in the NBA.

Don't Forget the Cavs teams of the early to mid 90's were very good too with Price, Daughtery and Nance

You're crazy....NOBODY is or was better than Jordan.

Russell or Magic is a close second.

I completely agree. No figure in basketball history has ever dominated and rose above his fellow players more so than Jordan. 6 rings.

I completely agree. No figure in basketball history has ever dominated and rose above his fellow players more so than Jordan. 6 rings.

True, and with hardly any superstars around him. He made them all better. IMO, Pippen was average at best in reality. Jordan made him better.

Whoa, I wouldn't say that about Pippen, he was pretty damn good. The point remains the same even if you acknowledge Pippen was a legit All Star. I mean, Jordan toyed with and then defeated some of the great teams of all times. If there was no Jordan, Ewing and those Knicks would've won 2 or 3 rings, I really believe that. Malone and Stockton would've won two or three. And that Suns team that had Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Thunder Dan Marjele and Chuck Person, that was a very good, very underrated team. They were fun to watch and I think they could've beat the recent Lakers teams and definitely would've beaten the Mavericks of this year. Jordan took on all time greats of the game and left them all wanting.

Chamberlain was just a great scorer, because he was so much bigger than almost all of his opponents. Only Russell could stop him. But today, Wilt would be just another good big man... along the lines of Tim Duncan. Still a HOF caliber player, but wouldn't be regarded as in Jordan's class.

I mean, Jordan's starting centers were Will Perdue and Bill Cartwright. Are you kidding me?

Whoa, I wouldn't say that about Pippen, he was pretty damn good. The point remains the same even if you acknowledge Pippen was a legit All Star. I mean, Jordan toyed with and then defeated some of the great teams of all times. If there was no Jordan, Ewing and those Knicks would've won 2 or 3 rings, I really believe that. Malone and Stockton would've won two or three. And that Suns team that had Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Thunder Dan Marjele and Chuck Person, that was a very good, very underrated team. They were fun to watch and I think they could've beat the recent Lakers teams and definitely would've beaten the Mavericks of this year. Jordan took on all time greats of the game and left them all wanting.

Chamberlain was just a great scorer, because he was so much bigger than almost all of his opponents. Only Russell could stop him. But today, Wilt would be just another good big man... along the lines of Tim Duncan. Still a HOF caliber player, but wouldn't be regarded as in Jordan's class.

I mean, Jordan's starting centers were Will Perdue and Bill Cartwright. Are you kidding me?

haha, don't forget Luc Longley....stellar but by no means a center of the caliber of Shaq.

But ya, the 98 Finals stand out for me, Jordan's last year there, taking the team on his back at the end of Game 6 and just absolutely dominating at the end. His series of plays at the end of that game, are legendary, and will never be beat. Also, I can't remember which game it was but the game he was battling the stomach flu and came out and scored 38 including what proved to be the game winner(96-97 against the Jazz, I think).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCTp57LQro

OK OK, so he did push off a little bit....haha

You guys are showing your age and the conceit of seeing Jordan's wonder years. I watched basketball going back to the sixties and if some of those teams went up against the Bulls including Jordan he would have fewer rings. He was a great player, but not the best of all time. One thing he had going for him was immunity from the refs from having most reach in fouls, hand hacks and the like not called on him.

Guest StrahansGap

Jordan is the best ever. Not even close. Chamberlain was a close second strictly due to his numbers (some of which weren't even recorded). But Jordan changed the game forever. He got rid of those corny short Larry Bird basketball shorts, he added some flair with substance, he was MONEY every fucking time he stepped on the court....playoffs or not. And most of those championships were won single handedly.

Jordan is the best ever. Not even close. Chamberlain was a close second strictly due to his numbers (some of which weren't even recorded). But Jordan changed the game forever. He got rid of those corny short Larry Bird basketball shorts, he added some flair with substance, he was MONEY every fucking time he stepped on the court....playoffs or not. And most of those championships were won single handedly.

yeah he changed the game forever as the biggest hack of all time who never got a foul called on him and never fouled out

I could go out there and hack the shixx out of people and win games as a result

was he aa good offensive player- one of the best but not as good as Larry Bird, Magic because he could not pass like them

as a defender he was a "celebrity treatment" total embarassment.......opponents should have worn forearm guards with ink on them :ranting2:

It was like watching professional wrestling........he was about as good a defender as he was a baseball player