SportsWrath

Does anyone else listen to Colin Cowherd's Cowboy rant daily?

JackStroud

Guest StrahansGap

Yea Jordon was a great and probly the greatest ever. I just hate him because he cost the Knicks a few rings. Wilt Chamberlain deserves a few people to back up him up as the best ever and I'm one of them.

Hard for me too man. I'm a diehard Knicks fan. But how many people who followed Jordan growing up wanted to be like Jordan? Look at Kobe with his tongue out. Don't you think he got that from somebody? Everyone wanted to BE LIKE MIKE. Still to this day. Never heard anyone say "If I could be like Wilt". Not taking anything away from Wilt, but nobody emulated him like the thousands who have tried emulating Jordan.

Hard for me too man. I'm a diehard Knicks fan. But how many people who followed Jordan growing up wanted to be like Jordan? Look at Kobe with his tongue out. Don't you think he got that from somebody? Everyone wanted to BE LIKE MIKE. Still to this day. Never heard anyone say "If I could be like Wilt". Not taking anything away from Wilt, but nobody emulated him like the thousands who have tried emulating Jordan.

Your 100% right Jordon change the game and will forever go down the best. He's the Babe Ruth of the NBA just like Wilt was Barry Bonds.

Your e-mail spam filter must be real good.

One of the few instances that I agree completely with Jack....again...been watching basketball for 40 years and seen all of the greats many in person. Jordan was a great offensive player and like Bird was a hack attack on defense. All of the slap and reach in fouls that were never called because hey its Jordan (Bird) is nauseating. Jordan is the main reason why the NBA went from a game where you could play defense to a game where you could score 100 points and still lose. The traveling call turned into a joke where superstars (e.g. Jordan) could take 2-3 steps after giving up his dribble on the way to the basket. But GOD help anyone else....

Guest StrahansGap

One of the few instances that I agree completely with Jack....again...been watching basketball for 40 years and seen all of the greats many in person. Jordan was a great offensive player and like Bird was a hack attack on defense. All of the slap and reach in fouls that were never called because hey its Jordan (Bird) is nauseating. Jordan is the main reason why the NBA went from a game where you could play defense to a game where you could score 100 points and still lose. The traveling call turned into a joke where superstars (e.g. Jordan) could take 2-3 steps after giving up his dribble on the way to the basket. But GOD help anyone else....

Obviously you are a pro sports fan, or you probably would've never made it over to sportswrath. Sports are the one thing we all have in common here. That being said, to single out Michael Jordan as the only player in the NBA to get left alone by the refs, is absolutely ludicrous. Then you make no mention of any other special treatment to a star player in any other sport. Like the treatment of Jordan was a lone phenomenon. It's crazy talk. Star players from every major sport have always "gotten the call" and will continue to do so. Don't hate the player......hate the game!!!!!

Obviously you are a pro sports fan, or you probably would've never made it over to sportswrath. Sports are the one thing we all have in common here. That being said, to single out Michael Jordan as the only player in the NBA to get left alone by the refs, is absolutely ludicrous. Then you make no mention of any other special treatment to a star player in any other sport. Like the treatment of Jordan was a lone phenomenon. It's crazy talk. Star players from every major sport have always "gotten the call" and will continue to do so. Don't hate the player......hate the game!!!!!

He definitely didn't hack Karl Malone in that video I linked. All ball.

Nah Bro....I mentioned Bird....hated his guts too as he was a hackattack and "helper" on defense who could not guard his own man if he was on crutches.... I appreciate the response too and I respect your opinion. Just won't "deify" Jordan like many do. He was a great player sure....greatest of all of the eras...I have a problem with that.

Nah Bro....I mentioned Bird....hated his guts too as he was a hackattack and "helper" on defense who could not guard his own man if he was on crutches.... I appreciate the response too and I respect your opinion. Just won't "deify" Jordan like many do. He was a great player sure....greatest of all of the eras...I have a problem with that.

Led those teams to 6 championships....if anyone could ever do that again, they might come close to Jordan status.

He did it gain today while trent dilfer did all but accuse Tim Tebow of being the anti-christ

no one mentioned they beat the St Louis Andrew Luck's............can't have enough #1 pick QB's

Both Dilfer and CowHeard are ready to sell their houses and take all the proceeds to Vegas to bet the Boys in the Super Bowl LOL!!!!!

Chamberlain dropped 100

See, heres my take on this. Chamberlin was probably the biggest force that ever played the game. Maybe Shaq was close, and Russell wasnt as powerful as those 2, but he was a dominant big man. But Chamberlin could roll over someone like no one else. He was too powerful. So, in a one on one game, theres no one better. But this is a TEAM sport. And although Jordan never dropped 100, he did 60 quite regularly, and did it while making others around him better. Thats the key IMHO, how many aspects of the game can you contribute to and make better? Which is why Jordan and Magic are #1 and #2 in my book.