SportsWrath

Who's fault was the Ugly Play? Gilbride, Cruz, or Eli?

JackStroud

Easy Victory if we just run it in.........if the run fails you still have 3 more downs :confused:

I would have called a rollout.........or Ware right up the middle........Eli runs it in, or Ware to the 2

Was Eli not aware Cruz had slipped? He should have not let go of the ball unless he sensed all was perfect

I'd rate the loss

#1 Gillbride

#1A the axxhole in the stands who blew the whistle stoppping our D

#2 Coughlin for allowing a pass

#3 Eli for leting go of a ball into coverage

#4 Cruz for trying to catch it...........he should have knocked it down....he also has to realize the importance of keeping his feet in a critical situation

If anyone was going to catch that ball it should have been Ballard...........why were they throwing in that situation to a little guy who has been laying the ball on the carpet

then again what are the odds a low thrown ball pops up for a pick six.............we ran out of miracles

Having said all that we are running into desperate 1-3 type teams, who are playing out of their minds...........we are not stopping the run either- you need to mix the zone with the house

Since Spags attacked us with the no huddle everyones doing it............how do you stop that?

Its only one loss, and the division lead is still well within our grasp

Chalk it up to Trap Game, Pete Carroll, our cursed record against Seattle, and just bad luck

They have to put Cruz at WR earlier in the game too...........I know Manningham feels bad but he is not earning his keep.

I think Fewell has to bring the house against the no huddle...........its hard to adjust your blocking schemes in the no huddle, and runs are also stopped by the Blitz

We also need to open games in our own no huddle

The "play" was Cruz's fault. But something no one mentions is Will Beatty. The Giants had 1st and Goal at the 4. Beatty had a false start on 1st down putting them back at the 9. Had we not had that false start, maybe we DO run it on first down. But it was Cruz's fault, with the acknowledgement that penalties do have an effect on play calling. Beatty also killed a drive to start the 2nd half with a penalty. He has to play better.

Cruz had a fumble earlier. He slipped on the break. For the great plays he's making, he also makes some that hurt the team. They needed to go Nicks' direction more in this game. Nicks' will make the play against good coverage. If he's doubled, Manningham should be the first read.

I would like Gilbride to watch film of the Texans and Bears to see how they use Foster and Forte in the passing game and incorporate it. I think Bradshaw can make a huge impact in that area if they get him the ball more.

The "play" was Cruz's fault. But something no one mentions is Will Beatty. The Giants had 1st and Goal at the 4. Beatty had a false start on 1st down putting them back at the 9. Had we not had that false start, maybe we DO run it on first down. But it was Cruz's fault, with the acknowledgement that penalties do have an effect on play calling. Beatty also killed a drive to start the 2nd half with a penalty. He has to play better.

Cruz had a fumble earlier. He slipped on the break. For the great plays he's making, he also makes some that hurt the team. They needed to go Nicks' direction more in this game. Nicks' will make the play against good coverage. If he's doubled, Manningham should be the first read.

I would like Gilbride to watch film of the Texans and Bears to see how they use Foster and Forte in the passing game and incorporate it. I think Bradshaw can make a huge impact in that area if they get him the ball more.

You say it was Cruz's fault but give no expalination

He slippped.........that happens........you do not throw it to a guy who slipped especially in triple coverage

you certainly do not lead him.........

the playcalling was WRONG..........you have 4 downs to get 9 yds........if you pass in that situation you do a corner fade or you throw it to a big body like Ballard.............if you have a brain you run it, or roll out...........very bad call......I'm sure Gilbride would want that one back

the real culprit in this game was the fan in the stands who blew a whistle, froze our defenders and allowed a wide open Seattle TD......

Don't be blaming Victor for other peole's faulty thinking and mis-judgements

as it was he nearly caught it anyway

The guy is phenomenal, as is Ballard........without both those guys we would be 0-4

Sometimes you lose............it happens

We need to start pressuring other teams early with the no huddle...........we start every game 14 points down

we also need more blitzing.........the house.......it will stop the no huddle in its tracks

This one fall squarly on the defense. These jackasses made the Seahawks look like the 99 rams.

Exactly and the false start was more damaging. If not for the D getting some turnovers it would have been a blowout. This year is turning into last year all over again. Last year the D had a lot of takeaways but unfortunately the O just gave it right back. 5 turnovers by the O yesterday is abysmal. You'll never win a game like that.

I just watched the play in slow motion

Cruz was still making his cut when Eli threw the ball way out in front of him........Eli threw it to a spot when he could clearly see Cruz was not going to make it........bad judgement

Manningham was open earlier in the play in th same spot Eli threw to.....but Eli did not hit him.......waited for Cruz

Only Cruz unbelievable athletic ability and speed allowed him to even touch the ball..........other wise it was goin to the belly of a defender............there were 3 DBs around the ball

another Giants end of game DEBACLE

bad QBing, and horrible call

Exactly and the false start was more damaging. If not for the D getting some turnovers it would have been a blowout. This year is turning into last year all over again. Last year the D had a lot of takeaways but unfortunately the O just gave it right back. 5 turnovers by the O yesterday is abysmal. You'll never win a game like that.

the false start made passing easier..........more room to spread out the D

But you have to go with a toss, a screen, a roll out, a run

we all know by now when Eli throws over the middle in a crowd bad things happen

I just watched the play in slow motion

Cruz was still making his cut when Eli threw the ball way out in front of him........Eli threw it to a spot when he could clearly see Cruz was not going to make it........bad judgement

Manningham was open earlier in the play in th same spot Eli threw to.....but Eli did not hit him.......waited for Cruz

Only Cruz unbelievable athletic ability and speed allowed him to even touch the ball..........other wise it was goin to the belly of a defender............there were 3 DBs around the ball

another Giants end of game DEBACLE

bad QBing, and horrible call

The fact that you're saying its on Eli... tells me that it was definitely on Cruz.

Not really pointing fingers, the guy slipped, those things happen...but the pass was coming out when Cruz was still in his break. Then Cruz slipped. Thats all we need to know.

To his credit, Cruz showed great concentration to come as close to catching that pass as he did... ironically, Mario Manningham in that same position probably completely whiffs on the ball.... and the pass falls incomplete.

Or maybe he keeps his footing, and the Giants score a TD on the next play. Who knows....

watch the replay.........Eli cannot be given a total pass here........he threw into a very dangerous situation,

this was actually my thought as well. It is first down and there is plenty of time on the clock. Why force the ball into double coverage. Just chuck it out of bounds and line up for another shot.

Eli can be great but his brain farts are killers.

Ok, Jack. You are seeing what you want to see. You can clearly see Eli is in his throwing motion when Cruz makes his cut and slips. Bottom line, if Cruz doesn't slip that ball is on the money. I will criticize Eli where he should be criticized, but the criticism THIS time lies with Cruz. Keep your fuckin' feet. It was a timing play against zone... you can be critical of the play call or the read, because that play was only going to get the Giants down to the 4 or 5 yard line with a completion, maybe the 3 best case scenario. I'm frustrated Nicks didn't get more of a shot to make a play down there and Ahmad didn't get a shot to run the ball. If you look pre-snap defensive formation, it is a very good front to run at.

To me, the blame goes to 1. Cruz for not executing the route, 2. Gilbride for the shit play call, 3. Beatty for the false start that made it 1st and 9 instead of 1st and 4, and 4. Eli, because the play wasn't going to get 6 anyway, he could've gone elsewhere with the ball, there (Bradshaw).

But that game shouldn't have come down to us needing a go ahead score late in the 4th. The reason we did is because Fewell's game plan was too conservative, AGAIN. That and sloppy penalties and bad blocking throughout the game by the offensive line. The hell with everything else, we lost that game before kickoff because Fewell didn't have a winning defensive gameplan, and Tom Coughlin didn't have his players ready to play against an inferior opponent at home.

Put it to rest and let's talk about how we're going to take out this frustration on Buffalo.

But that game shouldn't have come down to us needing a go ahead score late in the 4th. The reason we did is because Fewell's game plan was too conservative, AGAIN. That and sloppy penalties and bad blocking throughout the game by the offensive line. The hell with everything else, we lost that game before kickoff because Fewell didn't have a winning defensive gameplan, and Tom Coughlin didn't have his players ready to play against an inferior opponent at home.

Put it to rest and let's talk about how we're going to take out this frustration on Buffalo.

Exactly. The fact that the Giants put themselves in a position where they needed a last minute touchdown drive speaks poorly of the entire team and staff. You can't keep shitting the bed for 55 or 58 minutes of a game and expect to pull wins out of the fire every time. You leave no margin for error in those situations and mistakes are going to happen. Cruz fell down those are the breaks.

No one is pinning the loss on Cruz, Jack just is in a hissy fit that some blame is going on Cruz.

It was a team loss, from the coaches to the players.

Yeah you're not gonna win, even against Seattle, if you're only converting 1 of 12 3rd down attempts.

Ok, Jack. You are seeing what you want to see. You can clearly see Eli is in his throwing motion when Cruz makes his cut and slips. Bottom line, if Cruz doesn't slip that ball is on the money. I will criticize Eli where he should be criticized, but the criticism THIS time lies with Cruz. Keep your fuckin' feet. It was a timing play against zone... you can be critical of the play call or the read, because that play was only going to get the Giants down to the 4 or 5 yard line with a completion, maybe the 3 best case scenario. I'm frustrated Nicks didn't get more of a shot to make a play down there and Ahmad didn't get a shot to run the ball. If you look pre-snap defensive formation, it is a very good front to run at.

To me, the blame goes to 1. Cruz for not executing the route, 2. Gilbride for the shit play call, 3. Beatty for the false start that made it 1st and 9 instead of 1st and 4, and 4. Eli, because the play wasn't going to get 6 anyway, he could've gone elsewhere with the ball, there (Bradshaw).

Jim you just dont throw over the middle on 1st nd nine with plenty of time..........the guy who made that decision is to blame...........it was brain dead unless the reciever is wide open with no one near him.......

Cruz is our only hope to get through this tough schedule coming up............without him and Ballard we are dead meat

having said that lets stop throwing to Cruz on the last play of the games............hes getting too much pressure layed on him

why is no one on here talking about the fan or Seagulls plant in the stands who blew the whistle??????????????

Why didnt d'rel scott get one play yesterday??????????? <_<

Yeah you're not gonna win, even against Seattle, if you're only converting 1 of 12 3rd down attempts.

Pretty much.

There is no solo blame for this loss, the offense shit the bed as much as the defense. Players made plays but they also made some major bone headed plays as well.

Like I said there is no reason for this thread other then Jacky being hurt that Cruz is getting some of the blame.

I think he gets some of the blame.......not much

Here is a kid fresh out of junior college and the wise men of the NY Giants put him in a position to fail

I would just once like to hear Coughlin own up to a bone headed decision he certainly could have over-ridden

he never admits guilt.............I don't mind a pass on that play........just not an over the middle one

Eli is an over the middle INT machine

Jim you just dont throw over the middle on 1st nd nine with plenty of time..........the guy who made that decision is to blame...........it was brain dead unless the reciever is wide open with no one near him.......

Cruz is our only hope to get through this tough schedule coming up............without him and Ballard we are dead meat

having said that lets stop throwing to Cruz on the last play of the games............hes getting too much pressure layed on him

why is no one on here talking about the fan or Seagulls plant in the stands who blew the whistle??????????????

whether there was a whistle or not, the dog didn't see this as having any impact. if you watch the play, nobody (atleast connected to the focal point of the play) stops on either side. the safety over the top jumped the underneath coverage. the d-line continued to play. it was a blown coverage. and even if they did stop due to a phantom whistle, it should never come down to that to begin with...this game should have never been that close given the first half, but to let whitehurst pick them apart on that drive...bad news.

that being said, you are truly the jam in the dog's jelly roll...

I think he gets some of the blame.......not much

Here is a kid fresh out of junior college and the wise men of the NY Giants put him in a position to fail

I would just once like to hear Coughlin own up to a bone headed decision he certainly could have over-ridden

he never admits guilt.............I don't mind a pass on that play........just not an over the middle one

To the media, how do you think it would look that the coach of the New York Giants went out on TV and said "I dun goof'd"

People all the time say Sexy Rexy is the more "players coach" in New York and you never see him saying something like that to the media, because the media in New York will eat you up...just look at what they tried to do to Eli his first couple years starting.

How do you know he isnt talking about it with the players and coaches in the locker room where it will actually mean something? Oh wait you dont, none of us do.

Probably because the Seahawks faked a WR screen and Antrel bit hard on the fake. The flag or the fake whistle that only you heard had nothing to do with it.

Meanwhile, Rolle hasn't played well this season.

Probably because the Seahawks faked a WR screen and Antrel bit hard on the fake. The flag or the fake whistle that only you heard had nothing to do with it.

Meanwhile, Rolle hasn't played well this season.

All 3 safeties have played horrible...