SportsWrath

Giants will have to continue wait for their Prince

Tempest

link

The New York Giants are waiting on their Prince.

And that wait is going to continue.

The hope was cornerback Prince Amukamara(notes), the team’s first-round draft pick, would be back by now, at least practicing. But coach Tom Coughlin said it will be at least three more weeks before he’s in action. Amukamara, after a brief holdout, broke his foot in practice on Aug. 6. The projection was that he would miss 8 to 10 weeks. As Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger notes, it is Week 9.

I don't know what the original time frame was," Coughlin said, per the report. "Prince is not ready to go, he's not going to be for a while, and we're not going to mess around here. I really don't ask about him every day, as you could probably tell. I don't know much about that because, to me, it's off somewhere in the distance.

"I see what you see, and I see his reaction to the work, it's very slow, as you would imagine, but it's gradual. And we're making progress. There's no setback."

We'll need him for our post bye week schedule, particularly the NE game. Sure as hell know we can't put Webster on Wes Welker because Webster can't tackle.

You assume he is going to be playing once he comes back from injury.

A rookie CB who has hardly practiced let alone seen any game time since his last year in college.

I doubt the coaches are going to take the chance and slowly rotate him in for maybe a play or two.

You assume he is going to be playing once he comes back from injury.

A rookie CB who has hardly practiced let alone seen any game time since his last year in college.

I doubt the coaches are going to take the chance and slowly rotate him in for maybe a play or two.

True, but who do we have behind our starting 4dbs, and Deon Grant. And who covers Welker?

Can Coe or Brian Williams cover a 3rd or 4th receiever?

True, but who do we have behind our starting 4dbs, and Deon Grant. And who covers Welker?

Can Coe or Brian Williams cover a 3rd or 4th receiever?

Honestly I would rather have Coe out there then Prince at this point.

Ease Prince into playing, he's at one of the hardest positions for a rookie player to pick up plus coming off a injury.

I would rather use him sparingly until late season if not the playoffs.

Jack, just about every draft guru had Prince going in the top 10 or right outside of it, 2nd CB taken in the draft overall after Patrick Peterson. The only knock on Prince was that he didn't have the best hands, that he would drop some INT's. But he's supposed to be a top level cover corner. We will see. I think he has the goods.

Is our Prince worth the wait??

What position does he play.........what is the scouting report (with a healthy foot)

Coughlin seems in no rush to get him back.........you can look at that 2 ways

how do you not know what position our first round draft pick plays?

because his position since joining the team has been on the stationary bicycle LOL

I've never seen him on the field.....have you?

:mellow:

Ummmm.........................he plays CB. You know, the position he played in college? And the position thats listed NEXT TO HIS NAME?? :unsure:

Jack, just about every draft guru had Prince going in the top 10 or right outside of it, 2nd CB taken in the draft overall after Patrick Peterson. The only knock on Prince was that he didn't have the best hands, that he would drop some INT's. But he's supposed to be a top level cover corner. We will see. I think he has the goods.

Does he have an island?

Is our Prince worth the wait??

What position does he play.........

how do you not know what position our first round draft pick plays?

because his position since joining the team has been on the stationary bicycle

:LMAO: Classic Jack