SportsWrath

Pierre Paul

Masterjeffz

I'm concerned with Rolle not keeping his head in the game... we came back in the 2nd half and kicked ass but I can't stand bonehead penalties.

Rolle is so far the only one disappointing me on this defense. I thought Ross made a few nice plays last week, enough to show that he can still play, and ya, he got beat once or twice, but as someone said, nothing defends a perfect throw and Grossman had a couple of those. Then he came in and played amazing against the Eagles.

Kenny Phillips potentially saved a touchdown again this week coming in to lay a hit being the last guy....I can't remember the play, I'll try to find it.

Rolle is so far the only one disappointing me on this defense. I thought Ross made a few nice plays last week, enough to show that he can still play, and ya, he got beat once or twice, but as someone said, nothing defends a perfect throw and Grossman had a couple of those. Then he came in and played amazing against the Eagles.

Kenny Phillips potentially saved a touchdown again this week coming in to lay a hit being the last guy....I can't remember the play, I'll try to find it.

Mccoy had busted free up the middle on a run...Phillips was the only thing standing between Mccoy and the endzone, and he took him down....Rolle doesn't make that play

-Z

Mccoy had busted free up the middle on a run...Phillips was the only thing standing between Mccoy and the endzone, and he took him down....Rolle doesn't make that play

-Z

YES! That was the one, thanks Zelmo. And you're exactly right, absolutely no way Rolle makes that play. Rolle, a "pro bowler" couldn't even hold a stopped Mccoy in the backfield for a negative gain on a crucial 3rd down....

I've been seeing JPP line up from the DT position, like a lot. I dunno, Osi might not be the "starter" but really, with this team, it's not going to matter. He's going to see time. And it's going to be awesome when we get him back

Plus, our defensive line is deep enough that I believe we can rotate all across it and not weaken the line at all.

I also think that JPP is a player that on certain downs or situations, he would make a great blitzing linebacker, a la DeMarcus Ware. Lots of flexibility here.

Scary. Vick my never come back

Scary. Vick my never come back

Exactly. Can you imagine him next to Boley and Kiwanuka, with the newer LBers rotating in when JPP or Kiwi go back down to the line? Real scary.

I honestly think that if Fewell can identify and utilize his players strengths instead of trying to force them into his system even if they don't fit....we could have a really scary defense.

No problem....

Here's the play

-Z

WOW, I can't believe the commentators didn't mention a single thing about the tackle. Ya, it was a good run by Mccoy but that was a TD saving tackle. 1 on 1 and Kenny Phillips won against, currently, the best running back in the league.

I can't watch vid at work so I don't know if it's the same play, but there was one where Rolle made a perfect form tackle on McCoy in the backfield yet failed to bring him down. It was weird, like he was surprised he'd got him and forgot to hold on.

McCoy made a lot of people look silly this season though. He's a slippery son of a bitch.

I can't watch vid at work so I don't know if it's the same play, but there was one where Rolle made a perfect form tackle on McCoy in the backfield yet failed to bring him down. It was weird, like he was surprised he'd got him and forgot to hold on.

McCoy made a lot of people look silly this season though. He's a slippery son of a bitch.

That was a different play...the vid I posted was the Mccoy TD run...

I remember the play you're referring to though..I remember in the super slow-mo replay it was funny seeing Rolle's grip go from Mccoy's legs, to ankles, to shoes to......

-Z

How about Jaquan Williams filling in nicely in the role of a nickle LBer, and even getting in there on running plays. He moves around well in space, and can really run. I didn't see him miss a tackle either. I think the future is bright for him, especially if he can add 10-15lbs and keep the speed.

How about Jaquan Williams filling in nicely in the role of a nickle LBer, and even getting in there on running plays. He moves around well in space, and can really run. I didn't see him miss a tackle either. I think the future is bright for him, especially if he can add 10-15lbs and keep the speed.

I may have to change my avatar?

I was floored that a late round rookie was able to close ground on McCoy like Williams did, it was very impressive. He made it look easy.