SportsWrath

Gilbrides 20 year history

Lughead

So in other words our own coaches are setting us up to fail. Gilbride and his failure to realize that MAYBE our former dt that signed with our division rival would go and tell them about our offensive calls. Fewell doing the same and then playing the worst zone coverage I've ever seen. And Coughlin for failing to correct either.

So in other words our own coaches are setting us up to fail. Gilbride and his failure to realize that MAYBE our former dt that signed with our division rival would go and tell them about our offensive calls. Fewell doing the same and then playing the worst zone coverage I've ever seen. And Coughlin for failing to correct either.

Should be great against the Eagles and Smith giving information. Rocket. :furious:

Anyway I am not that down on Gilbride. In most cases the O looks bad when they can't execute. If your RB can't get 1 yard or your WRs run the wrong route or your QB sails the ball no OC can help you.

Should be great against the Eagles and Smith giving information. Rocket. :furious:

Anyway I am not that down on Gilbride. In most cases the O looks bad when they can't execute. If your RB can't get 1 yard or your WRs run the wrong route or your QB sails the ball no OC can help you.

Jim Brown isn't getting a yard if there is 9 guys in the box and only 6 blockers.

My only defense for the players on this is if the scheme is difficult and hard to know what routes to run based on defensive alignments and is predicated on both the WR and QB seeing the same thing and responding in kind and it doesn't happen then maybe a scheme adjustment needs to be made.

A good coach creates a scheme that allows the players he has to excel and not force players to adjust to a scheme that maybe they are ill suited for.

Eli Manning is an Aikman-type QB.

No, I'm not saying he's as good as Aikman, who I thought was the best QB of his era.

What I'm saying is Eli is excellent at reading the defense, and delivering a timing pass.

I really wish things were simplified a bit for his receivers, because frankly, I think most of the time there is a communication error, it's on them. I've seen it for years, dating back to Shockey, and they continue to this day.

Maybe I'm off on this, but the Aikman offense wasn't rocket science.....but it was a precision offense, guided by QB that delivered the ball where and when it was supposed to go.

I think Eli can thrive in that sort of system....I look at his ability to no huddle as proof he can move the ball when things are stripped down to their necessary components.

I'd also like to see no huddle because the Giants have the type of team that could really punish a defense that is caught with the wrong personnel on the field.

No, I'm not saying he's as good as Aikman, who I thought was the best QB of his era.

What I'm saying is Eli is excellent at reading the defense, and delivering a timing pass.

I really wish things were simplified a bit for his receivers, because frankly, I think most of the time there is a communication error, it's on them. I've seen it for years, dating back to Shockey, and they continue to this day.

Maybe I'm off on this, but the Aikman offense wasn't rocket science.....but it was a precision offense, guided by QB that delivered the ball where and when it was supposed to go.

I think Eli can thrive in that sort of system....I look at his ability to no huddle as proof he can move the ball when things are stripped down to their necessary components.

I'd also like to see no huddle because the Giants have the type of team that could really punish a defense that is caught with the wrong personnel on the field.

Eli has earned his stripes.. he can easily tell Gilbride to stfu.. but he doesn't. He's the teams captain and needs to act like it... but he isn't.

I've been saying this Eli's entire career as a Giant. He plays his best football in no-huddle, and the team marches right down the field. WHY don't they use the no huddle much more often, or even the entire game???

We still get delay of game penalties in no huddle. I wouldn't say he's great at running it. The offense is often more successful moving the ball, but Manning and company run the no huddle with no rhythm.

Eli has earned his stripes.. he can easily tell Gilbride to stfu.. but he doesn't. He's the teams captain and needs to act like it... but he isn't.

I've almost posted this a few times. Not that Eli should mutiny but when the O looks like zombies he needs to take control and even go against Gilbride for some plays if necessary. I am almost positive he already has a lot of say in the O play calling anyway.

If Coughlin gets the Ax then if like to see John Gruden get the job. He would be a nice fit, a nice change up and a breath of fresh air.

Gruden sucks at developing QBs. Plus, you'd have to look at his goofy, tough guy poser face.

No thanks.

Gruden sucks at developing QBs. Plus, you'd have to look at his goofy, tough guy poser face.

No thanks.

LOL after 8 years you think Eli is still "developing"

Unh Unh he is what he appears to be and he's not going to get any better

He's a slightly better than average QB.........we should have kept Phillip Rivers