SportsWrath

Brees vs Eli

Lubeck

Brees made the playoffs, Eli didnt.

Pretty much sums it up.

10 wins 99/100 times will get you into the playoffs.

Honestly I think its because Brees has a PR agent who highlights all he does to help NO. That and being a Manning means you must succeed.

10 wins 99/100 times will get you into the playoffs.

Honestly I think its because Brees has a PR agent who highlights all he does to help NO. That and being a Manning means you must succeed.

I'm not saying what can and cant get you into the playoffs, the press doesnt care about that.

They do care about who does make it into the playoffs and who doesnt and what QBs are on those teams.

I'm not saying what can and cant get you into the playoffs, the press doesnt care about that.

They do care about who does make it into the playoffs and who doesnt and what QBs are on those teams.

Its just been a huge part of the commentary on Eli this offseason and leading into the season that he threw 25 picks, then I saw on tonights broadcast that Brees threw 22 and honestly I never saw that. Part of that is of course the fact that Eli gets coverage in our market but honestly the first thought I had when I saw Brees had 22 picks last season was "Wait a second the medias lovechild threw 22 picks and this is the first I'm hearing about it?"

Its just been a huge part of the commentary on Eli this offseason and leading into the season that he threw 25 picks, then I saw on tonights broadcast that Brees threw 22 and honestly I never saw that. Part of that is of course the fact that Eli gets coverage in our market but honestly the first thought I had when I saw Brees had 22 picks last season was "Wait a second the medias lovechild threw 22 picks and this is the first I'm hearing about it?"

Yeah then Michaels right away said Brees' picks were because the lack of a Saints running game.

It's the shit mark on his face that get the pity love. But seriously. Eli came into the league with expectation. Unlike Bree. Who shitted his pants the first few years before finally getting his shit together in N.O. Not trying to hate on the dude but he dose show more fire than Eli. I'm happy with our QB but I do hate the jizzs these media guys show for birth mark.

Never noticed this last season but apparently Brees had almost as many picks as Eli had...yet analysts are jizzing over birthmark boy and trashing Eli. Thoughts?

Its not like Eli has ever led an offense to a league record LOW in turnovers, but Brees has, so he gets a pass for an off-season.

Oh.... wait.....

Well, then maybe its more of that New York/East Coast media bias.

Oh... wait....

Well, I think watching teams led by Brees and Rogers play is enough evidence why Eli gets shit and Brees doesn't. Those teams come out ready to play and made barely any mistakes. You couldn't even tell either of those teams just went through only 6 weeks of practice and preseason. Neither team skipped a beat. When the Giants step on the field, the offense is going to look sloppy, struggle to score points, and Eli is going to make mistakes. It's just the way it is.

But if anyone here thinks we can even compete with Green Bay or New Orleans, you're smoking better shit than Osi.

I've wondered if Eli was taken in the 2nd round and his last name was something other than Manning, would he take the heat he has? I don't think so. They would be talking about Eli as a great QB... maybe not on the level of Brees and Rodgers, but still, he wouldn't get the sort of negative commentary he gets... or at least he would get more positive commentary per his accomplishments.

I will say that it is tough to play QB in NY. And especially tough to put up numbers that Eli does in NY. Like if Eli played in Atlanta, I'm pretty sure he'd look damn good too. He's playing, what, about 10 or 11 dome games a year. Pretty nice when you can play in a climate-controlled environment on a fast track and play pitch and catch. Much different in late November or December in swirling winds with the bitter cold. Yes, Brady and Rodgers do it, and do it well. But it seems like this perspective isn't considered.

I also wonder sometimes... when you see Drew Brees getting his team all fired up before the game, and the visible intensity he shows, not just verbally but with his body language, is that intensity factor an important quality for a QB? I see moments of Eli showing intensity, but particularly after a bad play, he looks deflated sometimes rather than motivated to rally his team and stick it to them on the next play.

Basically, what I'm saying is that QB's like Brees and Rodgers, they have a different leadership style than Eli. I wonder if that leadership style works better for teammates or does it not?

Basically, the debate continues and I think it will until Eli wins another two Super Bowls and does it in a fashion where his play is the deciding factor. I'm happy with Eli, I think most people are, and recognize that he's probably the best QB to ever play for the NY Giants. But the critics remain and I think it's largely because he was taken 1st overall and there are other QB's taken 1st or early that have had more statistical and playoff success and are more visibly passionate about their craft. So he is being compared to them because he's a Manning, was taken 1st overall, and plays for the NY Giants. I wonder what would happen if Eli played for someone like Sean Payton.

Just to be clear, I'm not being critical of Eli or Payton, just "thinking out loud", so to speak.

Brees is an elite QB

Eli a good QB

I think last night proved QB's do not win games in a vacumn

New Orleans does not have a very good defense........GB does

LOL. I think Green Bay could tear up a lot of "bad defenses" then. GB and NO were 1 and 2 in the NFC last year in defense. You don't know what you're talking about, Jack.

The old "A good defense beats a good offense any day", is quickly becoming "Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees could beat your team even if you had 11 all-pro's starting on defense".\

New Orleans doesn't have a bad defense. GB doesn't either. They just have QBs and WRs that are very skilled, quick, and decisive with the ball. We don't.