SportsWrath

Osi ahead of schedule

osi724dasack

Just thought I'd share the info, don't have a link but..

Osi should be back week 2

An Barden is running and cutting, man what a set of skills Bardens got if he comes around year 3 this year like alot of raw WRs do then he can be a tremendous help for this team at 6-6 234

Osi, thanks for the update. Next time... GET A LINK, FOOL! :P

Barden is a big x-factor in our success this year. The position group is crowded, but like you said, if he comes around in year 3, he would be a godsend for Eli. He can really change the dynamic of the offense.

This is how the position group is going to shake out for the reg season:

Nicks

Manningham

Hixon

Cruz

Thomas

Jernigan

I think Duke Calhoun, Clayton, and Reynaud will be cut. Thomas has been so good on specials and has shown a capability to contribute in the passing game, I think so far in the preseason he's been our most consistent receiver.

Jernigan needs to show more on specials. But the point here is that we are already at 6 receivers likely to make the 53 man squad... TC theoretically could go to 7 to make room for Barden. Barden is also eligible to be placed on regular season PUP. But I hope Barden can get out there sooner than later and make some noise. I don't see how you can cut anyone out of those 6 at this point to make room, however.

Just thought I'd share the info, don't have a link but..

Osi should be back week 2

An Barden is running and cutting, man what a set of skills Bardens got if he comes around year 3 this year like alot of raw WRs do then he can be a tremendous help for this team at 6-6 234

Osi should not be back till after the bye. I don't care how he feels.

Barden is a big x-factor in our success this year. The position group is crowded, but like you said, if he comes around in year 3, he would be a godsend for Eli. He can really change the dynamic of the offense.

Nicks

Manningham

Hixon

Cruz

Thomas

Jernigan

I think Duke Calhoun, Clayton, and Reynaud will be cut. Thomas has been so good on specials and has shown a capability to contribute in the passing game, I think so far in the preseason he's been our most consistent receiver.

Jernigan needs to show more on specials. But the point here is that we are already at 6 receivers likely to make the 53 man squad... TC theoretically could go to 7 to make room for Barden. Barden is also eligible to be placed on regular season PUP. But I hope Barden can get out there sooner than later and make some noise. I don't see how you can cut anyone out of those 6 at this point to make room, however.

maybe we will keep 7. Why keep 3 TEs if they all suck? Go with Pasco and either Coets or Ballard.

maybe we will keep 7. Why keep 3 TEs if they all suck? Go with Pasco and either Coets or Ballard.

Hmmm. Assuming 25 offensive players:

Eli

Carr

Bradshaw

Jacobs

Ware

D. Scott

Hynoski

Nicks

Manningham

Hixon

Cruz

Thomas

Jernigan

Barden

Pascoe

Beckum

Ballard

McKenzie

Beatty

Snee

Diehl

Baas

Boothe

Andrews

Brewer

Petrus

That's 26, do you cut one of the offensive linemen? I know many of us would love for Beckum to get cut, I just don't think it's going to happen. I don't think you can go into the season with only two TE's.

I do think they can't go over 25 offensive players, though. Keep in mind this is with them only carrying 2 QB's as well.

Nicks

Manningham

Hixon

Cruz

Thomas

Jernigan

Clayton is impressing on special teams so he might make the cut. TC likes what he brings to the table....especially on ST.

If the Giants get their ST act together, they should be very competitive. Last year, our kicking and ST play sucked so bad that it cost us games.

Ware hasn't shown much this year. I think Scott gets the second team snaps this weekend.

I noticed that he rounds off his angles instead of taking the straightest, quickest line to the hole; in other words, his vision is fucking terrible. May as well cut our losses and give the 2nd team snaps to Brown and Scott, Ware will never be an NFL quality running back.

Scott I don't know much about, but you can't teach speed like that. Can't wait to see more of him.

I noticed that he rounds off his angles instead of taking the straightest, quickest line to the hole; in other words, his vision is fucking terrible. May as well cut our losses and give the 2nd team snaps to Brown and Scott, Ware will never be an NFL quality running back.

Scott I don't know much about, but you can't teach speed like that. Can't wait to see more of him.

Ahh, I might be confusing him with Brown too...

Ware hasn't shown much this year. I think Scott gets the second team snaps this weekend.

Yeah, I don't know what you guys are seeing. Ware has run with power in both preseason games from what I can see. Brown has made a lot of mistakes. I believe it was the first preseason game he had a first down and then tried to make something happen and went backwards, resulting in the Giants not getting a conversion. He's tried to make the big play and getting stuffed 4 yards behind the line instead of at least getting 2 or 3. Based on the 2 games I've watched, Ware has completely dominated Brown's play. Ware's touchdown run in the last game, that was what I'm talking about, he was stopped short and powered his way in with an aggressive move. To me it's been Ware>Brown and not even close. For that matter, I think Brown is behind Da'Rell Scott as well. I can't see a scenario where Brown makes this team unless he goes absolutely bananas against the Jets.

Yeah, I don't know what you guys are seeing. Ware has run with power in both preseason games from what I can see. Brown has made a lot of mistakes. I believe it was the first preseason game he had a first down and then tried to make something happen and went backwards, resulting in the Giants not getting a conversion. He's tried to make the big play and getting stuffed 4 yards behind the line instead of at least getting 2 or 3. Based on the 2 games I've watched, Ware has completely dominated Brown's play. Ware's touchdown run in the last game, that was what I'm talking about, he was stopped short and powered his way in with an aggressive move. To me it's been Ware>Brown and not even close. For that matter, I think Brown is behind Da'Rell Scott as well. I can't see a scenario where Brown makes this team unless he goes absolutely bananas against the Jets.

Yeah, like I said I probably have the two confused.

Clayton is impressing on special teams so he might make the cut. TC likes what he brings to the table....especially on ST.

If the Giants get their ST act together, they should be very competitive. Last year, our kicking and ST play sucked so bad that it cost us games.

Yeah but in favor of who, BB? Jernigan is a third round pick, he's not going anywhere. Nicks and Manningham are locks... so that's three players. Hixon is the vet of the group and somewhat proven, so I think he's a lock. Then you have Cruz, Thomas, and Barden (unless he's placed on PUP). Do you really think they are going to cut Cruz or Thomas for Clayton? I don't think so. I agree with you on Clayton being impressive on specials, but Thomas has been even moreso. I think Thomas is going to be the returner on this team and also contribute in the offense. I think they like Cruz a lot given the fact that he's taken a lot of reps with the first team offense when they've gone three wide. There's simply not enough room for everyone.

Meridith makes the team

Possibly. But I have 9 OL on my list and the 4 reserves are Boothe, Andrews, Petrus, and James Brewer. Brewer is a big part of the team's plans for RT to succeed McKenzie, I believe, Boothe's job is absolutely 100% safe because of his versatility. Whose job does Meredith take? Andrews or Petrus? I say neither. I like Meredith for the PS.

Yeah but in favor of who, BB? Jernigan is a third round pick, he's not going anywhere. Nicks and Manningham are locks... so that's three players. Hixon is the vet of the group and somewhat proven, so I think he's a lock. Then you have Cruz, Thomas, and Barden (unless he's placed on PUP). Do you really think they are going to cut Cruz or Thomas for Clayton? I don't think so. I agree with you on Clayton being impressive on specials, but Thomas has been even moreso. I think Thomas is going to be the returner on this team and also contribute in the offense. I think they like Cruz a lot given the fact that he's taken a lot of reps with the first team offense when they've gone three wide. There's simply not enough room for everyone.

Possibly. But I have 9 OL on my list and the 4 reserves are Boothe, Andrews, Petrus, and James Brewer. Brewer is a big part of the team's plans for RT to succeed McKenzie, I believe, Boothe's job is absolutely 100% safe because of his versatility. Whose job does Meredith take? Andrews or Petrus? I say neither. I like Meredith for the PS.

Meredith has impressed but I agree Boothe and Petrus are safe. Idk about Andrews and I guess Brewer is safe to make the team.

Btw I agree no way Clayton makes the team over Thomas, Barden, Hixon, Jj or Cruz

Osi should not be back till after the bye. I don't care how he feels.

Why? We need all the pass rush we can get especially since T2 went down. And we need take advantage of the first half schedule since the second

Half has a collapse Like look to it.

Yeah, Brown has been not great either... but at least he has potential. But I don't think Ware is a productive NFL player on his very best day.

With all the time Brown has lost to injury and the way he was bounced around the league while rehabbing, I'd rather give the snaps to Brown than Ware. Either Brown will 'get it', or he won't and we'll have a shit RB on the roster. Or we could cut Brown, keep Ware, and have a shit RB on the roster regardless.

And yes, I know, thats the sort of shit that people used to say to justify keeping Sinorice Moss. But THIS time, its the right thing to do, lol.

I'm thinking Da'Rell Scott makes it all a moot point. He looked to have impressive balance and speed out there against the 4th stringers.