SportsWrath

Marvin Austin's Season Now Over

Allstarjim

Hmm....by the looks of things are we going to be able to field 53-men to make a full roster? And so far all injuries have been on defense - none on offense. WTF is the level of conditioning? Everytime I open up CNNSI or ESPN Im pretty much waiting to see a headline saying a Giant is out. This is fucking ridiculous. I think this is going to be one of those 4-12 type season - especially since we were so damn dormant in the off-season and the team has nothing new or no new fire to play hard football. We, gentlemen, are already FUCT!

I will say this, from what I saw of Marvin Austin, particularly in the Carolina game, he looked ridiculously fast and athletic for a big man. I saw a playmaker. When Perry Fewell calls a guy "Sapp-like", then losing that guy is not exactly good news.

No, he isn't/wasn't going to be a starter. But he was going to be an important piece in the DT rotation and when you just finished your 2nd preseason game, and you are losing this kind of depth at key positions, I would say that it is something to be concerned with.

We have a long way to go, gentlemen. I think the assumption here from some of you is that we still have guys at DT and CB that we can pretty much count on... but what happens when we lose some of those guys, too? There is still two preseason games to go, 16 regular season games, and hopefully, a few playoff games, too. Putting guys on IR week 2 of preseason is a significant blow.

I will say this, from what I saw of Marvin Austin, particularly in the Carolina game, he looked ridiculously fast and athletic for a big man. I saw a playmaker. When Perry Fewell calls a guy "Sapp-like", then losing that guy is not exactly good news.

No, he isn't/wasn't going to be a starter. But he was going to be an important piece in the DT rotation and when you just finished your 2nd preseason game, and you are losing this kind of depth at key positions, I would say that it is something to be concerned with.

We have a long way to go, gentlemen. I think the assumption here from some of you is that we still have guys at DT and CB that we can pretty much count on... but what happens when we lose some of those guys, too? There is still two preseason games to go, 16 regular season games, and hopefully, a few playoff games, too. Putting guys on IR week 2 of preseason is a significant blow.

You can add the Pectoral Muscle injury to the list of injuries (Hammy, Quad, Groin) that can be almost eliminated with proper (regularly scheduled) stretching (i.e. Yoga Classes). Like I said before I woudln't be too upset with injuries sustained in collisions.. etc but these kind of injuries can be reduced a great deal with proper conditioning.

Hmm....by the looks of things are we going to be able to field 53-men to make a full roster? And so far all injuries have been on defense - none on offense. WTF is the level of conditioning? Everytime I open up CNNSI or ESPN Im pretty much waiting to see a headline saying a Giant is out. This is fucking ridiculous. I think this is going to be one of those 4-12 type season - especially since we were so damn dormant in the off-season and the team has nothing new or no new fire to play hard football. We, gentlemen, are already FUCT!

We've only lost one starter, no need to panic.

We've only lost one starter, no need to panic.

That's true. And Ross is a very adequate CB. It just sucks because guys like Austin and Prince are just delaying their development but that's part of the game we all have to accept.

Wait a minute. I'm not saying that you and Tree were one of these people....but back when we lost Cofield in free agency, everyone was talking about how Austin and Joseph were set to step in this year and make losing Cofield insignificant. Now that he's injured for the season, it's "we weren't going to play him much, anyway"....c'mon. This is a very significant injury solely because we are limited in depth at DT.

This. Most were saying Austin would probably end up starting and contributing. :rolleyes: Cmon guys, this injury along with the others has to raise at least a concern.

Is anyone else worried that the Jets game is still coming up? We always lose someone significant on this game. :furious:

That's true. And Ross is a very adequate CB. It just sucks because guys like Austin and Prince are just delaying their development but that's part of the game we all have to accept.

I'm really pinning my hopes on Ross stepping up and staying healthy. He looked really good last game with some great pass defense.

I'm really pinning my hopes on Ross stepping up and staying healthy. He looked really good last game with some great pass defense.

Am I the only one who can't stand Ross? Stupid punk is always doing something wrong. It's been since his rookie year that we're waiting for him to cut down on rookie mistakes...or am I being too harsh?

I really don't like Ross at starting CB, other teams are gonna exploit him and eat him alive.

-Z

Am I the only one who can't stand Ross? Stupid punk is always doing something wrong. It's been since his rookie year that we're waiting for him to cut down on rookie mistakes...or am I being too harsh?

I really don't like Ross at starting CB, other teams are gonna exploit him and eat him alive.

-Z

I'm not to high on Ross.. I too have been waiting for him to live up to his 1st round pick status to no avail. him being often injured is not merely bad luck... if I was an professional athlete, and I'm often injured with the same type of injuries (pulled groin) I'd make sure to focus on that part of the body and see if I can cut down... errr.. regular stretching. He hasn't. I can't say I don't like him though.

Ross is a good pass defender when he's healthy, and I question whether or not motivation is a factor. He has been overshadowed a bit by T2 not because Ross is a bad corner, but because Ross has been injured so much, missing so much time, and T2 has simply been a bit better than Ross.

So get behind the guy, he needs our support, and he can do a good job for us. Hopefully he can put together an injury free season and fill T2's shoes.

Let's revisit this topic when he forgets to touch a receiver down in a make it or break it game in week 15...or mistakes of that kind...

-Z

:furious: That got on my nerves and the very thought of it (Thanks Z <_< ) makes my blood boil.

Yeah he's prone to errors too but I'm hoping his form of last game is the "real " Ross. Don't shatter my illusion just yet, thanks.

Actually my main worry with coverage is the hole that Culter kept exploiting, after Webster passes the receiver off to Phillips in zone coverage. Culter got most of his yardage there in two throws.

Yeah he's prone to errors too but I'm hoping his form of last game is the "real " Ross. Don't shatter my illusion just yet, thanks.

Actually my main worry with coverage is the hole that Culter kept exploiting, after Webster passes the receiver off to Phillips in zone coverage. Culter got most of his yardage there in two throws.

Just think how much more fun that hole is gonna get when we're gonna need to be focusing the safety help on Ross's side...

-Z

I wasn't happy to lose Cofield; he was our most consistant DT.

Agreed. DT is one of the positions I'm most concerned about....if our DTs play poorly then not only do we get thrown on over the middle (LBs), we get ran all over up the middle, too....

I was happy to see that.. so they can fix it by the time those throws matter.

Thats what makes Jay Cutler special, those passes got there in a hurry. That part of the field is always vulnerable in cover-2 if the QB has a strong enough arm.

I'll start worrying if we see Mark Sanchez successfully make the same throw.

Thats what makes Jay Cutler special, those passes got there in a hurry. That part of the field is always vulnerable in cover-2 if the QB has a strong enough arm.

I'll start worrying if we see Mark Sanchez successfully make the same throw.

Kindda hard to do when you have to peel yourself off the turf after Tuck and JPP just pancaked you... I officially can't stand the Jets.

Haha thats a " glass half full" perspective if I ever saw one. But you're right the coaching staff and players need to step up and adjust. Ross was looking like the odd man out now he gets another shot. It's now or never for him to prove his mettle