SportsWrath

Marvin Austin's Season Now Over

Allstarjim

Z... say what you want, Witherspoon returning punts in the 4th quarter and getting hurt is still a boneheaded move on the coaches part, when you've already lost 3 DB's, and have at least 3 other returners on the team.

I did not say anything about Austin's injury, I am fully aware they happen and I can't find fault with anyone over this injury... Austin could've played the whole game last night and I wouldn't have given TC grief over this one. It's just really unfortunate that we are being hit this hard with injuries so early.

Z... say what you want, Witherspoon returning punts in the 4th quarter and getting hurt is still a boneheaded move on the coaches part, when you've already lost 3 DB's, and have at least 3 other returners on the team.

I did not say anything about Austin's injury, I am fully aware they happen and I can't find fault with anyone over this injury... Austin could've played the whole game last night and I wouldn't have given TC grief over this one. It's just really unfortunate that we are being hit this hard with injuries so early.

I agree with you about Witherspoon, I just don't think you can fault Coughlin about T2.

The reason this Austin injury doesn't get me up in arms is because of what Tree said, I didn't really see Austin contributing this year. He may have potential, but it didn't look like he was exactly gonna be seeing the field that much any time soon.

-Z

I agree with you about Witherspoon, I just don't think you can fault Coughlin about T2.

The reason this Austin injury doesn't get me up in my arms is because of what Tree said, I didn't really see Austin contributing this year. He may have potential, but it didn't look like he was exactly gonna be seeing the field that much any time soon.

-Z

Wait a minute. I'm not saying that you and Tree were one of these people....but back when we lost Cofield in free agency, everyone was talking about how Austin and Joseph were set to step in this year and make losing Cofield insignificant. Now that he's injured for the season, it's "we weren't going to play him much, anyway"....c'mon. This is a very significant injury solely because we are limited in depth at DT.

Wait a minute. I'm not saying that you and Tree were one of these people....but back when we lost Cofield in free agency, everyone was talking about how Austin and Joseph were set to step in this year and make losing Cofield insignificant. Now that he's injured for the season, it's "we weren't going to play him much, anyway"....c'mon. This is a very significant injury solely because we are limited in depth at DT.

I don't wanna lose Austin, I just think he's a player who's at a point that whatever production he could give us this year is something we could get from signing a veteran willing to play for cheap that's floating around. What he'll be in a few years? I don't know. But his contribution this year is something that I think is replaceable with a very modest veteran pickup, for example Jimmy Kennedy, who they already signed before the injury. Kennedy may be a huge bust in terms of where he was drafted, but there's no way he can't give us what Austin would've been able to give us THIS season.

He may have potential but for this season he didn't look game ready.

-Z

I wasn't happy to lose Cofield; he was our most consistant DT.

Austin doesn't mean shot for us this year and that's what a team trying to win a superbowl has to worry about.

I agree with Bleedins statement though however this injury means very little for the 11 season probly means less then losing Bruce Johnson.