SportsWrath

Boss is a Raider

Mr. P

How? They're already miles over the cap. They'll have to make some serious cuts this afternoon.

Enjoy being on a sub 0.500 team, Kevin.

He lives in Oregon where his family still stays, and already has a SB ring, so he's probably content to make big money near his family. I wish him the best of luck.

Now it's time for Reese and crew to get a bonefide TE. Carlson might be available this afternoon as a free agent after the cuts are made.

How? They're already miles over the cap. They'll have to make some serious cuts this afternoon.

Enjoy being on a sub 0.500 team, Kevin.

from clayton:

The Raiders restructured Stanford Routt and Richard Seymour, saving them $17.2 million of room.

Boss is worth half that amount on his best day. he never was a great blocker, too many drops, and a bad noggin. this isn't that bad.

Agreed mostly (not about the drops). I liked the guy but he's not worth 4 mil a year for the role he played on our team.

Agreed mostly (not about the drops). I liked the guy but he's not worth 4 mil a year for the role he played on our team.

I think sentimentality is inflating perceived value here. We all liked him, he was around for the SB win and had a role in it, always gave it his all. But not such a big loss.

-Z

It's not panic time. I love the Bossman, but remember when he tried to pick up that fumble near the sideline last year instead of falling on it? It was a pretty bad mental lapse. He had some great moments for us, and there were also a couple like that one, where he wouldn't just get dirty and secure a football like that. The free agent crop of TE's out there is not impressive right now. We'll see what happens when the cuts are made, but I believe the Giants are going to have to make a play for a TE, now. I don't believe Beckum can contribute to the team in a starter's role, and Patrick probably can't either. Time to figure this one out, Reese.

Good luck to Boss. All in all, I'd say he was a upgrade over Shockey. He had surer hands, and didn't flail around when he didn't get the ball. He was a team player and he'll be missed. But it's a position where if the Giants are agressive, they can get a little better at.

This is pretty bad news IMO. Beckum is absolute garbage and should not be in the league let alone on our team.

It will be interesting to see what happens with cuts later today. Maybe their will be somebody out there.

As it stands now, we do not have a real TE on our roster which is not a good thing.

I'm sure clownshoes there is talking about Eli.

Now your seeing the real downside to Coughlin......no one wants to come here, and everyone wants to leave

I hope Huckleberry stops throwing pop ups off his back foot this year............hes starting to remind me of my old friend Lurch in that regard :furious:

Actually, Jack, Boss really wanted to stay. He said it a few times near the beginning of the free agency period and I believed him. But you go where you get paid, simple as that.

Paid???? I do not know if he was worth 4 million per considering the new cap restrictions......over-paid

I wonder if its guaranteed at all........we made Kevin Boss as we have such potent passing attack Boss was left in single or no coverage...........I''ve never seen him go up and fight for a ball, have you? It was all wide open stuff........he will suck the big one in Raider-ville and be bounced out of the league

Bad move Kevin