SportsWrath

Thoughts on Osi

hlb37

I really like Osi but we are deep enough at tackle that we should not pay him a fortune.

I have no idea what Reese et. al. are thinking but I would not be crushed if they traded him.

maybe the Titans would being willing to swap disgruntled players and send us Chris Johnson for him. That would certainly solve the Bradshaw problem and would also make Jacobs expendable.

Johnson and Ware would be a nice tandem

Good player, but one-dimensional and far from clutch. Puts up huge numbers at the beginning of the season that insinuate he has great years despite his vanishing acts in the final 7-8 games. He's a monster at getting sack/ffs but he needs to develop into more than a speed rushing de. Would hate to see him leave, but wouldn't break the bank for him. Also needs to stop airing his issues in the media. Professionalism please...

I can't fucking stand Osi. would trade him for a 3rd in a heartbeat. He takes himself out of the play constantly by attempting to strip the ball constantly. I think the guy is really scared of physical play. He can't defend the run. He's being paid VERY well compared to other DEs, yet bitches constantly. F him. I'd even take a 4th

When Osi is playing to his utmost ability, he's a monster. He needs to cut the crap with his tender ego and man up and just play football the way he can when he isn't pouting or thinking he needs to make more money than all other players. He's a millionaire playing a game for a living and he's bitching non-stop. Makes it an uneasy atmosphere for everyone. He needs to grow up.

Ironically, Osi and Tuck's salaries for this season are very similar. You can compare their contracts here:

Rotoworld

Tuck did get a $9 million signing bonus, a $5 million roster bonus, and annual $1 million workout bonuses, however, that seemingly, Osi did not get. Still, if Osi plays out his contract, it looks like it's worth a total of $41 million. If I'm the Giants I just say, honor your contract. Fine him every day the $30K per day. That's almost $1 million per month. I guarantee his ass will get in camp.

Looking at the two contracts, though, Tuck's is by far superior.

He's under contract, period. I wish I was in the position to complain about $41 million. The Giants should just fine him until he gets in camp, play out this season, and release him or trade him before next season. He is under contract through the 2012 season.

If he holds out, he is just going to hurt himself. $30K per day is no chump change. For those that don't know, I believe it was Vacchiano that tweeted that under the new agreement, teams can fine players for holding out $30K per day, which is up from $16.5K from last season. That is significant and he should just get in to work and play. If he plays to his ability, he will get a big pay day NEXT year. From somebody else. Perhaps the Giants can kick him a little incentive money for this year to appease him a bit... but they can't break the bank right now just to make him happy, not when we have the other guys we have yet to sign, and asking other players to re-work deals.

He's under contract, period. I wish I was in the position to complain about $41 million. The Giants should just fine him until he gets in camp, play out this season, and release him or trade him before next season. He is under contract through the 2012 season.

If he holds out, he is just going to hurt himself. $30K per day is no chump change. For those that don't know, I believe it was Vacchiano that tweeted that under the new agreement, teams can fine players for holding out $30K per day, which is up from $16.5K from last season. That is significant and he should just get in to work and play. If he plays to his ability, he will get a big pay day NEXT year. From somebody else. Perhaps the Giants can kick him a little incentive money for this year to appease him a bit... but they can't break the bank right now just to make him happy, not when we have the other guys we have yet to sign, and asking other players to re-work deals.

Yep, don't want another Plax-style early payday.

Selfish guy with a sense of humor (a Coughlin no-no).....plays well when the mood strikes him

hes expendible

If his sense of humour is to want to get traded every year then I don't get his humour either.

Just heard on ESPN this morning from Shefter that Osi did not report this morning for physicals and that he doubts he'll come in later for meetings and practice....meaning he's holding out.

What an ass! If I was Reese, I'd try to figure out which team is going to have the worst team in the country and trade him to that team for a high draft pick. Let him try to be the only star on a pathetic d-line and we get dividends in next year's draft as well as give us cap room to fill a void.

I used to love Osi.....but his bitching, whining, and ego has made him a pariah on the team.

Osi has failed to show up for the Giants physical before the start of training camp.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/29/giants-de-umenyiora-fails-to-show-for-physical/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Fuck this guy, we resgined Kiwi and have JPP.

Yeah, from the looks of things he will not show up at all today (re: Schefter, Traina). Under the CBA, he does get a free day to holdout, so no fine today. Starting tomorrow, if he doesn't show up, he's going to start getting fined. I think this is a tactical error on Osi's part. He should've shown up, expressed his frustration to Reese, and went about his business. Coughlin will bench him in a heartbeat for Kiwi or JPP. After that, he will have to earn his way back into a playing rotation which may not be able to do. Then he will have no leverage to negotiate with other teams when he does get released (probably not till next year).

thoughts on OSI-

Fast

gets to the QB and has a great tomahawk move on the ball and often recovers it himself

Selfish, but has a sense of humor.....not a big favorite of Coughlins....no one with a sense of humor would be

Cannot tackle anyone to save his life

gets pinched by the OT and TE

Would rather see him rotate with Kiwi than stay in there.......hes awesome on 3rd and long

I really don't get it. If this is going to keep happening with him it might not be a bad idea to at least field some offers and see what kind of return they can get. The fact that they re-signed Kiwi makes a move easier to do I think. I would really like him to just keep quiet and play because the pass rush is the bread and butter of this team and Osi is a big part of it.

We should get rid of him. We have depth at the position. Get rid of him for the best offer we can get. This is a no-brainer. If he were as talented as he is plus clutch, a baller, a leader, a guy who'll take over a series when we really need a stop in the third quater, then I'd say to try to keep him. But he's none of those things, and we have other talent at the position. GOODBYE!!!

But like Tree said for God's sake trade him out of the division!

-Z