SportsWrath

Giants talking with Plax

so-cal dub

Holy hell I hope not. Lets resign Smith first. I would like to see either Kiwi locked up long term and trade Osi too. Might save a few bucks there without much dropoff, especially if JPP continues to emerge.

I don't care too terribly much either if Bradshaw rides off into the sunset. That said, I don't want that to happen unless we have a replacement. Jacobs can't be relied upon to do the job himself and I'm not overly confident in anyone behind BJ and AB.

Looks like we're going to need some FA OLine guys now too if we let Seubert and Ohara go. I guess if they don't get picked up elsewhere we could always resign them cheaper, but I can't see Ohara sitting without a job for long.

Other positions are bigger needs than WR right now unless the Giants have an ace up their sleeve that'll come from left field.

Holy hell I hope not. Lets resign Smith first. I would like to see either Kiwi locked up long term and trade Osi too. Might save a few bucks there without much dropoff, especially if JPP continues to emerge.

I don't care too terribly much either if Bradshaw rides off into the sunset. That said, I don't want that to happen unless we have a replacement. Jacobs can't be relied upon to do the job himself and I'm not overly confident in anyone behind BJ and AB.

Looks like we're going to need some FA OLine guys now too if we let Seubert and Ohara go. I guess if they don't get picked up elsewhere we could always resign them cheaper, but I can't see Ohara sitting without a job for long.

Other positions are bigger needs than WR right now unless the Giants have an ace up their sleeve that'll come from left field.

I'd like to see us let Bradshaw and Boss go, and pick up a guy like Todd Heap. A much better receiving threat than Boss. And there are a ton of backs in free agency that hold onto the football better than Bradshaw. They also play at least up to his level and don't play the entire season injured.

I would love to see us bring Plaxico back. If the guy is 1/5 the receiver he was nearly 3 years ago, he will still be a force.

I'd like to see us let Bradshaw and Boss go, and pick up a guy like Todd Heap. A much better receiving threat than Boss. And there are a ton of backs in free agency that hold onto the football better than Bradshaw. They also play at least up to his level and don't play the entire season injured.

I would love to see us bring Plaxico back. If the guy is 1/5 the receiver he was nearly 3 years ago, he will still be a force.

I wouldn't say Heap is a better receiving threat, the problem with TEs in the Gilly offense is that if you can block, you block if you can catch, you block.

Look at Shockey, hell of a receiving threat but as soon as Willy Gilly is in Shockey and all of our TEs numbers go down.

We could bring in Heap but we would never see him catch more then two passes a game.

I wouldn't say Heap is a better receiving threat, the problem with TEs in the Gilly offense is that if you can block, you block if you can catch, you block.

Look at Shockey, hell of a receiving threat but as soon as Willy Gilly is in Shockey and all of our TEs numbers go down.

We could bring in Heap but we would never see him catch more then two passes a game.

Ya, you're probably right. I always thought it was a shame, too, because Boss could probably be a Pro Bowl caliber tight end. I do think Heap is slightly better though, but he's gotta be getting old now, anyway.

V Jax is signing his tender with San Diego.

As far as Plax goes, I think we need him more than he needs us. He's such a game changer, and even at 34, I think he can do it. I hope he has learned to stop messing around and play football to the best of his ability, and just be a pro.

I've seen many say that we are set at WR, that we already have so much talent there. While that may be true, there is still great concern. Steve Smith is coming off microfracture surgery on that knee. This is no minor thing. No matter what is being said in the press, coming off that surgery, nobody knows how that knee is going to perform when the pads go on. He is a huge question mark. Nicks may be the best all around talent we've ever had at WR, but he has had his share of injury issues, too. There are some guys that are just predisposed to getting injured, I hope Nicks is not one of those guys but he could be. Barden is a non-factor still, Jernigan is just a rook, Hixon is coming off major injury. Manningham is our most solid WR as far as no question marks and durability. Not addressing the WR issue at all could mean that at some point in the season, we could be very thin at WR and looking for scraps to find guys for Eli to throw to.

Plax changes the game because he could open so much up and provide insurance for Smith. I want Smith to come back, and I don't think a Plax signing precludes that. But if both come back, that will just make it that much more difficult for opposing defenses. Bonus is that Plax should not break the bank, as there are a lot of talented receivers on the open market and Plax is 34 and coming out of prison.

The trick for Reese is that there are a lot of challenges this free agency period with having to stay under the cap, and even if we sign Plax, there is a lot to do with having to resign Boss, Bradshaw, and hopefully Kiwanuka and Smith. Still much work to be done.

Heap is a shell of himself, the guy is beat up and slowed down. In the long run, Boss is the better option. Heap needs to go be a 2nd tight end somewhere else.McGahee is the same way, his knees were fucked entering the league, and Ray Rice made him look old. ravens are smart, they know the deal with these guys.

I want them both, booh.

That's fine, but i don't. We have to let some of these guys develop. Barden warrants another chance to become something. I don't want a guy like Burress taking reps from guys like Nicks, Nicks is the future.

That's fine, but i don't. We have to let some of these guys develop. Barden warrants another chance to become something. I don't want a guy like Burress taking reps from guys like Nicks, Nicks is the future.

Fair enough, but I don't think that's going to happen. I would say Nicks is the NOW, moreso than the future, and Hakeem will be the #1 regardless of who they bring in through free agency... even if that guy were to be Santonio Holmes, I believe Nicks is still the #1 target.

Plax is 33 and has been out of football since 2008. If he signs, it will be an inexpensive one-year contract loaded with incentives. He has a lot of close friends on the Giants and does have a natural chemisty with Eli. I don't think he'd take time away from Smith and Nicks. WR's are always getting hurt and half way through the season we see WR's we never heard of popping up to fill the ranks of WR's on the DL.

He made a huge mistake, but he has paid his debt to society and deserves to be treated like a forgiven man. It's not like he got special treatment and got away with something....he paid a far greater price than the average lawbreaker because of his fame and the spiteful desire of Mayor "Dipshit" Bloomberg to make an example of him.

I say give Plax a chance to see what he's got left.