SportsWrath

UDFA signings

Allstarjim

According to Vacchiano's twitter feed, we are or have signed DL Martin Parker (Richmond), DE Pierre Allen (Nebraska), and the previously noted FB Henry Hynoski (Pitt). If you guys see more reports, please list here, as well as any impressions you have on the new Giants! Thanks.

Herzlich to the Giants is great. I know a lot of fans wanted the Giants to draft him in the middle rounds. I had a suspicion he would go undrafted, and with the Giants getting him now, I think this is a diamond in the rough signing. He is going to have a lot of competition, but hopefully he can make the team. You know he's going to put in the work... Echo, I think he's a MLB.

Correction, echo, he played OLB for BC... I think he may be a better fit for us at MLB, but could be a SLB candidate as well. We did also draft Jacquian Williams and Greg Jones, so not all of these guys are going to make the team... but I'm definitely rooting for Herzlich. Guy has the heart of a lion.

From NJ.com

"The Giants today added one of the most notable undrafted free agents on the market, former Boston College star Mark Herzlich. He announced his destination via Twitter.

Herzlich, a linebacker, was a former standout for the ACC school but is just as widely known as having battled and beaten cancer to get back on the field.

In 2008 he was a first-team All-American, the ACC Defensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Butkus Award after a season in which he accrued 110 tackles, six interceptions and two sacks. But in May 2009 he was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer.

The Giants have several connections to Boston College as CEO John Mara is a Boston College alum andTom Coughlin is a former BC head coach".

Also....they report that the Giants have signed Justin Trattou a Ramsey, NJ native and Don Bosco Prep product that is a defensive end out of Florida.

I like the signing of Herzlich.

During the "path to the draft" coverage they had a really good story on him about his battle with that form of bone cancer and how he is doing everything he can to get back into football shape.

Glad we got the guy.

The list as I have found on BBI, KFFL, NJ.com, etc.

Signings:

Undrafted Free Agents

USF - DE Craig Marshall

Florida - DE Justin Trattou

Oregon - OLB Spencer Paysinger

Iowa State - SS David Sims

Richmond – DE Martin Parker

Princeton – TE Harry Flaherty

Boston College - LB Mark Herzlich

Free Agents

FB Henry Hynoski

The list as I have found on BBI, KFFL, NJ.com, etc.

Signings:

Undrafted Free Agents

USF - DE Craig Marshall

Florida - DE Justin Trattou

Oregon - OLB Spencer Paysinger

Iowa State - SS David Sims

Richmond – DE Martin Parker

Princeton – TE Harry Flaherty

Boston College - LB Mark Herzlich

Free Agents

FB Henry Hynoski

not sure why you have hynoski in a different 'free agents' category than the rest, he is an undrafted rookie free agent just like the rest.

Correction, echo, he played OLB for BC... I think he may be a better fit for us at MLB, but could be a SLB candidate as well. We did also draft Jacquian Williams and Greg Jones, so not all of these guys are going to make the team... but I'm definitely rooting for Herzlich. Guy has the heart of a lion.

The roster size has expanded now though, I think. Will be good for UDFAs.

Herzlich was the one I was gonna add. Didnt see alot of talk about him till this thread, and I wondered why. I love this signing, and I love guys that have the battle instilled in them naturally. Good signing.

not sure why you have hynoski in a different 'free agents' category than the rest, he is an undrafted rookie free agent just like the rest.

Yeah, my bad. Free agents cannot even be signed until Friday. I started two columns in WORD and copied them to the chart before putting Hynoski in the proper column.

Yeah, my bad. Free agents cannot even be signed until Friday. I started two columns in WORD and copied them to the chart before putting Hynoski in the proper column.

Spell check? :P

thanks for the heads up Jim. with the LBs we drafted and this signing, it's not looking good for future superstar Gerris Wilkerson

Keith bullocks is also FA now . I don't see us bringing him back...... Dillard may be gone as well I have not seen anything from him in a Giants jersey that suggest's he should stay.....Blackburn is also a FA. So there are 3 maybe 4 holes to fill @ LBer .

The Packers released Nick Barnett. The Pat's released Bantu-Cain.

Keith bullocks is also FA now . I don't see us bringing him back...... Dillard may be gone as well I have not seen anything from him in a Giants jersey that suggest's he should stay.....Blackburn is also a FA. So there are 3 maybe 4 holes to fill @ LBer .

The Packers released Nick Barnett. The Pat's released Bantu-Cain.

dillard was a rookie last season, they aren't cutting him.

dillard was a rookie last season, they aren't cutting him.

Phillip Dillard has an awful name.....going by the Giant's tendencies to go with players with weird last names, Herzlich has the upper hand over Dillard!