Henry Hynoski (FB, Pitt)

Martin Parker (DL, Richmond)

Spencer Paysinger (LB, Oregon)

David Sims (S, Iowa State)

Mark Herzlich (LB, Boston College)

Harry Flaherty (TE/LS, Princeton)

Justin Trattou (DE, Florida)

Craig Marshall (DE, South Florida)

Ibrahim Abdulai (DT, Arkansas Pine Bluff)

Ok I don't know why I brought back this thread other than I was looking for the topic that included us signing this Rookie who survived cancer out of Boston College. Any updates on the kid? Or is this just a feel good story?

Ok I don't know why I brought back this thread other than I was looking for the topic that included us signing this Rookie who survived cancer out of Boston College. Any updates on the kid? Or is this just a feel good story?

From GBN (post draft):

New York Giants: The Giants only signed 10 rookie free agents, but all of them were on the list premium undrafted prospects. Indeed, the Giants signed 4 of the top 20 players on our list of top undrafted free agents, including prized prospect Boston College LB Mark Herzlich and top 10 UDFA prospect South Carolina OT Jarriel King, as well as 6 of the top 45.

------------------------------

From NFL SCOUT (pre-2011 draft):

Mark Herzlich- OLB Boston College/6-4 248 Pounds

Instincts/Play Recognition: Mark Herzlich has the best instincts as a linebacker in his last two years playing in college football. Herzlich had four interceptions this season (he had a cast on his hand for much of the regular season) and caught 6 interceptions two years ago. On and off the field, Mark Herzlich was the leader for Boston College. While he was battling cancer, Herzlich stayed on the team to help coach the linebackers. Tactically, Herzlich is as savvy as linebackers get.

Pursuit/Lateral Movement and Agility: If Mark Herzlich can score well with scouts during the Senior bowl tryouts and time well at the combine, look for Herzlich to be a second round pick. The problem is that the lateral movement we saw in 2008 has still not regained its full shape; as a matter of fact it may never return. Herzlich will use his intelligence to beat the runner to the spot but he had a difficult time chasing the ball carriers this season. These traits will be the X factor to decide whether or not he is worth the risk early in the draft.

Quickness: Within the hash marks, Herzlich can dazzle a lineman with his quickness, but he will never be known for his quickness on the outside. Mark can be seen lumbering toward the ball carrier on many occasions. Herzlich needs improvement in this category if he plans on being an every down linebacker in the NFL.

Run Defense: Mark Herzlich can blow up the offensive blocking scheme from the outset. He's averaged around 7 TFL's in his last two seasons. In an instant, Herzlich can diagnose a rushing play and disrupt the play in the backfield. Herzlich's pure size is enough to intimidate any running back, but his ability to shed blocks has made Herzlich the player he's always wanted to be.

Strength: With restrictions on leg exercises during his cancer treatment, Herzlich decided to focus and build on his upper body during his off-season. When he returned he put his feet on the scale and was nearly the same exact weight he was in 2008. His legs could always use more strength, but that will all come in time. His upper body strength is near perfection for a young man with his body type. Give him an off-season with an NFL training schedule and he'll be able to throw running backs down like it's nothing.

Final Word: The entire country was able to witness the best story college football has seen in a while. Meeting and talking to Mark the game day he announced that cancer had finally been stricken from his body. His personality is perfect for a football player; reserved and kind off the field and a monster once he steps on the gridiron. Look for Mark to be picked anywhere from mid 2nd to the 3rd round.

----------------------------

A couple of links for more on him:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-05-01/going-undrafted-stokes-mark-herzlichs-determination-once-again

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-26/sports/29817183_1_mark-herzlich-nfl-draft-cancer

The list as I have found on BBI, KFFL, NJ.com, etc.

Signings:

Undrafted Free Agents

USF - DE Craig Marshall

Florida - DE Justin Trattou

Oregon - OLB Spencer Paysinger

Iowa State - SS David Sims

Richmond – DE Martin Parker

Princeton – TE Harry Flaherty

Boston College - LB Mark Herzlich

Free Agents

FB Henry Hynoski

Shit....Sims is from Iowa State...and Sash is from Iowa...and they are are pretty good friends from what I understand....only one of them is going to have a shot at making it.....

C. Wagon.