SportsWrath

FA Vonta Leach wants to play for the Giants

BIGBLUE01

My link

RICHARD CARSON/Reuters/FotoglifHouston Texans fullback and soon-to-be free agent Vonta Leach told SiriusXM NFL radio that the New York Giants are on his "list" of potential destinations if he does not return to Houston.

Leach was a hot topic only a few short years ago, signing a four-year, $8 million restricted free agent contract with Big Blue. Unfortunately, even though they appeared to be overstocked at fullback at the time, the Texans matched the Giants' offer and Leach returned to Houston.

Widely considered one of the best fullbacks in the entire league, Leach led the way for second-year running back Arian Foster last season, who ultimately went on to lead the NFL in rushing with 1,616 yards. It was recently revealed that Foster managed to accomplish that feat despite torn meniscus in his knee.

Leach was named to the 2010 Pro Bowl and was also named to the Associated Press's NFL All-Pro Team.

A full back who can lead the way would be nice.

My link

A full back who can lead the way would be nice.

There was a lot of us on this board that wanted him a couple years ago..... I haven ever really followed him since. was he lead blocking for Foster?

There was a lot of us on this board that wanted him a couple years ago..... I haven ever really followed him since. was he lead blocking for Foster?

Leach led the way for second-year running back Arian Foster last season, who ultimately went on to lead the NFL in rushing with 1,616 yards.

:unsure:

Yeah people actually don't read anything besides the post headline...

Hell if we can sign Vonta Leach this time around, it'll make our offensive line look 10 years younger and Brandon Jacobs a 2000 yard rb. No help for Bradshaw's fumbling though.

Yeah people actually don't read anything besides the post headline...

Hell if we can sign Vonta Leach this time around, it'll make our offensive line look 10 years younger and Brandon Jacobs a 2000 yard rb. No help for Bradshaw's fumbling though.

Bradshaw will cure his fumbling. Im quite sure, just like with Tiki, theyre addressing that if he stays.

Bradshaw will cure his fumbling. Im quite sure, just like with Tiki, theyre addressing that if he stays.

And... what exactly would make you say that, Blue? Is it the inability of ANY Giants running back to secure the ball with "three points of contact" like you learn in pop

warner or Coughlins mind boggling persistence in starting said running backs? :(

And... what exactly would make you say that, Blue? Is it the inability of ANY Giants running back to secure the ball with "three points of contact" like you learn in pop

warner or Coughlins mind boggling persistence in starting said running backs? :(

I understand youre thinking. It is something you learn young, how to properly hold the ball to secure it. But IMO, fumbling is a mental thing. Everyone learns how to hold the ball early, but when you try to do too much, it can cause you to lose the ball. I think Coughlin will fix that. And maybe thats why he starts these RBs, cause he knows once the problem is fixed, theyre unstoppable.

When you're remembering him you are thinking of his time as a starter. He was a fumbler even as a backup and back in college.

The more carries he got, the more he fumbled and the more people noticed.

Maybe my memory is goin to shit, but didnt he only have a fumbling problem last yr? :unsure:

When you're remembering him you are thinking of his time as a starter. He was a fumbler even as a backup and back in college.

The more carries he got, the more he fumbled and the more people noticed.

Yeah, I do only think of as his time as a starter. Never realized he fumbled so much splittin time with Jacobs. Didnt know too much about him in college.

I understand youre thinking. It is something you learn young, how to properly hold the ball to secure it. But IMO, fumbling is a mental thing. Everyone learns how to hold the ball early, but when you try to do too much, it can cause you to lose the ball. I think Coughlin will fix that. And maybe thats why he starts these RBs, cause he knows once the problem is fixed, theyre unstoppable.

It's also a matter of game awareness. What's the score?, how much time left on the clock? What's the down and distance? It's as if Bradshaw (and Jacobs) had no fucking clue what was happening. I lost count of how many times Bradshaw coughed up the ball when he was past the first down marker. :ranting2: Jacobs wasn't much better, truth be told.

Giants 2010 Season: Talented Team undone by stupid turnovers, shitty special teams, and Shakespearean defensive tragedies.

That's why Bill Parcells trusted OJ Anderson....the guy was smart enough to understand that getting the 1st down and holding on to the ball was why he was playing.

LOL oh I'll argue Jacobs is a helluva lot better with the ball by comparison. I was having Barber flashbacks all last season watching Bradshaw with the ball.

Peyton Hillis is the only RB that fumbled more than Bradshaw and that is probably because Coughlin pulled the plug on Bradshaw.

God help us if Bradshaw comes back and this does not get fixed.

It's also a matter of game awareness. What's the score?, how much time left on the clock? What's the down and distance? It's as if Bradshaw (and Jacobs) had no fucking clue what was happening. I lost count of how many times Bradshaw coughed up the ball when he was past the first down marker. :ranting2: Jacobs wasn't much better, truth be told.

Giants 2010 Season: Talented Team undone by stupid turnovers, shitty special teams, and Shakespearean defensive tragedies.

That's why Bill Parcells trusted OJ Anderson....the guy was smart enough to understand that getting the 1st down and holding on to the ball was why he was playing.