SportsWrath

Posluszny could eye Giants if Buffalo doesn’t work out

Tempest

Posluszny could eye Giants if Buffalo doesn’t work out

Linebacker Paul Posluszny(notes) is expected to become a free agent once the lockout ends and while he has stated his preference to re-sign with the Buffalo Bills, he will keep his options open.

One option could be the New York Giants, where defensive coordinator Perry Fewell would be a familiar face. Fewell was the Bills' defensive coordinator and then interim head coach when Posluszny broke into the league.

"I love Coach Fewell and the type of defense that he ran when we were in Buffalo, we had a good relationship together," Posluszny told SiriusXM NFL Radio, per The New York Post.

"Actually I have an uncle that lives in the New York area and he just sent me a text the other day saying he's read on the internet that the Giants are a possible spot for me. I mean, so yes, there's a lot of interesting possibilities out there and the one thing about free agency, all players, I think, you want to know your true value. You want to know how other teams value you and what they think of you, so that's the interesting part of it. But, I mean, the Giants, along with several other teams, there are some interesting opportunities out there, that's for sure."

Posluszny was tendered a contract as a restricted free agent before the lockout began, but he could become an unrestricted free agent depending on the details of a new collective bargaining agreement.

He had a career-high 157 tackles last season, including nine games of 10-plus tackles and 25 combined in the final two games. However, that didn't stop the Bills from finishing last in the NFL in run defense, allowing 169.6 yards per game on a whopping 4.8 yards per carry.

link

Horrible against the run. Trust me, the Bills are not rushing to sign this guy.

He gets manhandled very easily, he makes tackles ten yards to late, he gets juked out easily in the open field. Plus, like KaySlay said, he's been injured alot.

He gets manhandled very easily, he makes tackles ten yards to late, he gets juked out easily in the open field. Plus, like KaySlay said, he's been injured alot.

Sounds like a Carlos Emmons II

I like that Middle LB from Tampa. Though, not enough to remember his name, apperantly. :unsure:

Rudd? I would like Tulloch from Tennesee. I think Greg Jones who we drafted is gonna be a stud, I would be fine with Jones,Goff and Boley honestly. Even though another vet would be nice, even if it's just bringing back Bulluck. I do not see us spending alot on a big free agent LB.

Rudd? I would like Tulloch from Tennesee. I think Greg Jones who we drafted is gonna be a stud, I would be fine with Jones,Goff and Boley honestly. Even though another vet would be nice, even if it's just bringing back Bulluck. I do not see us spending alot on a big free agent LB.

Yes, Rudd...

I like Tulloch, but he's going to be pricy.

The Clint Sintim bandwagon broke down eh?

Yeah I like Sintim but I think he got drafted onto the wrong team.

He was an outside rush linebacker in a 3-4 in college and a damn good one at that, I think he finished with the most sacks one or two years.

The Giants drafted him to play the SAM position and he was never really cut out for it, if anything we should of just put him on the line as a DE.

I agree entirely yet somehow we are not on the scout staff.

Yeah I like Sintim but I think he got drafted onto the wrong team.

He was an outside rush linebacker in a 3-4 in college and a damn good one at that, I think he finished with the most sacks one or two years.

The Giants drafted him to play the SAM position and he was never really cut out for it, if anything we should of just put him on the line as a DE.

Ruud is very good, but if the new CBA works out how the talking heads are predicting then Tampa will be forced to spend a LOT more money this year to reach the minimum amount they'll need to spend on salaries (at least 95% of the salary cap) so they have no reason to let him go. I fact they may have to spend ~30 million extra this season and will need to go out and sign big-name FA's.

• 2 weeks later...