SportsWrath

Antrel Rolle

Lughead

The comparison doesn't even come close to holding water. There are jackasses that boo troops returning home (Vietnam, not that you needed an example) just like there are people who boo poor Giant's efforts. The fans have every right to boo.

I understood the point of his analogy, You don't boo the home team. I disagree to an extent, We live in sad times when somebody has to defend an analogy they make because they know that the overall point is going to be missed due to the literal society we live in these days. Was it always this bad? People used to be able to say shit and not have to worry about back tracking all the time. When did we lose the ability to read between the lines and stop taking everything so literally?

I understood the point of his analogy, You don't boo the home team. I disagree to an extent, We live in sad times when somebody has to defend an analogy they make because they know that the overall point is going to be missed due to the literal society we live in these days. Was it always this bad? People used to be able to say shit and not have to worry about back tracking all the time. When did we lose the ability to read between the lines and stop taking everything so literally?

He was a fraction away from pulling a Kellen Winslow....who called himself a soldier....Antrel said he risks his life and limb like a soldier. Retarded. Antrel is obviously not the smartest guy around.

6:21 p.m. UPDATE Rolle also issued a statement through the Giants' media-relations department. It's as follows:

"I used a very poor, inappropriate example earlier today to demonstrate how seriously I take my job. Obviously there is no comparison between the men and women of our military putting their life on the line defending our country and what I do. They risk their lives and that gives me the opportunity to play a game for a living. After I made my earlier comments, somebody even said to me: how would your father, who is the chief of police in Homestead and puts himself at risk every day, feel about the comparison you made? Again, it was a very poor, very inappropriate choice of words."

Rolle fucked up and he knows it. I'm not mad at him.

On a different note.. why is it we say "putting their life on the line".. life.. singular... but we say "They risk their lives".. lives.. plural... personally I think it should be lives in both counts.

Sorry if I pulled the grammatical Blunatic on you all. carry on.

On a different note.. why is it we say "putting their life on the line".. life.. singular... but we say "They risk their lives".. lives.. plural... personally I think it should be lives in both counts.

rolle doesnt seem like the brightest, so thats probably why he said it like that.

I don't read your posts

He's a good player; but if this keeps up, I doubt he lasts his full contract here. He's probably a good guy, but I think he might be having trouble handling the magnifying glass. Hopefully he gets the hang of it in time.

signing up for a weekly radio spot in NY is trouble.

Another wedge between athletes and fans. And Tuck was quoted saying to players it's job and to fans it's a show and entertainment. It's more than entertainment, it's more than me killing time. My nweekends are scheduled around Giants games, if they lose I spend days pissed off, it affects my mood for the week.

Now I'm a bigger baseball fan than football fan, but not by much. If all it was was entertainment, I wouldn't have wept when the Rangers beat the the Yanks in the alcs, reflecting on the years I've spent watching the team I love. And I wouldn't have lost my voice cheering and then yelling during the Giants collapse to the 9ers in the playoffs. And I certainly would't have fell to my knees and cried in front of my friend after the Giants beat the Pats. People spend their lives devoted to a single team, spending hard earned money to support, watch, buy clothing apparel etc.

Another wedge between athletes and fans. And Tuck was quoted saying to players it's job and to fans it's a show and entertainment. It's more than entertainment, it's more than me killing time. My nweekends are scheduled around Giants games, if they lose I spend days pissed off, it affects my mood for the week.

Now I'm a bigger baseball fan than football fan, but not by much. If all it was was entertainment, I wouldn't have wept when the Rangers beat the the Yanks in the alcs, reflecting on the years I've spent watching the team I love. And I wouldn't have lost my voice cheering and then yelling during the Giants collapse to the 9ers in the playoffs. And I certainly would't have fell to my knees and cried in front of my friend after the Giants beat the Pats. People spend their lives devoted to a single team, spending hard earned money to support, watch, buy clothing apparel etc.

So I guess Blu and I shouldn't ask you how you liked the World Series, huh?

I agree with this. Calm the hell down everyone.We know that most things in life arent as serious as what the troops did. He was just trying to put emphasis behind it. Wrong analogy maybe, but no biggie. :rolleyes:

So I guess Blu and I shouldn't ask you how you liked the World Series, huh?

I would suggestnever bringing that up again.

Nah man, I was in pure bummer mode for quite a while, and I'm still pretty sore about it, but I've been a fan of the Rangers since I was in single digits age wise, and the best I've ever seen them do is win a single playoff game. So a big part of me is thrilled about how the season played out. But I'd be lieing ifI said the "what if's" weren't bugging me to death.

Wow, the tone of the national coverage on this is way off. There were guys on the radio here this morning, several of them, who thought Rolle should be banned from the NFL.

I agree. Way, way, WAY overblown! Much ado about nothing.

Wow, the tone of the national coverage on this is way off. There were guys on the radio here this morning, several of them, who thought Rolle should be banned from the NFL.

That's just retarded. Rolle's a dumbass but there was nothing even slightly malicious in his comment. He wasn't criticising the troops...and even if he was that still shouldn't warrant banning him from the league.

Now I'm a bigger baseball fan than football fan, but not by much. If all it was was entertainment, I wept when the Rangers beat the the Yanks in the alcs, reflecting on the years I've spent watching the team I love. And I wouldn't have lost my voice cheering and then yelling during the Giants collapse to the 9ers in the playoffs. And I certainly wouldn't have fell to my knees and cried in front of my friend after the Giants beat the Pats. People spend their lives devoted to a single team, spending hard earned money to support, watch, buy clothing apparel etc.

VG 11:35

That's just retarded. Rolle's a dumbass but there was nothing even slightly malicious in his comment. He wasn't criticising the troops...and even if he was that still shouldn't warrant banning him from the league.

yeah people do this all time, forget that their are troops defending America's freedom until someone says something about it.