SportsWrath

New Stadium

hlb37

I have to say I am decidedly underwhelmed by the place.

None game related

Positives:

The corners in the hallways are wider so no bottle neck

Negatives:

Still a pain in the ass line to get in

Could have easily put more urinals in the bathroom

$9.75 for a fucking warm stale beer

No spirals / Have to go all the way to the exit to have a smoke

Let's face it, the building itself is extremely ugly.

Game related:

Positives:

The new video boards are nice

Negatives:

Seats in the 2nd and 3rd tiers are not nearly as good as the old place. ( much farther away ).

Does not nearly have as intimate a feel as the old place. just to sprawling.

there I have said it. I don't like the new stadium as much as the old one. Now you can all tell me what an ill-informed, tasteless, douche bag traitor I am.

You forgot to mention it is ugly as sin... it looks just like the Port Authority Bus Terminal...

LOL.

your right, when I said extremely ugly I was not emphasising just how ugly the place really is.

I much prefer "ugly as sin"

I have to say I am decidedly underwhelmed by the place.

None game related

Positives:

The corners in the hallways are wider so no bottle neck

Negatives:

Still a pain in the ass line to get in

Could have easily put more urinals in the bathroom

$9.75 for a fucking warm stale beer

No spirals / Have to go all the way to the exit to have a smoke

Let's face it, the building itself is extremely ugly.

Game related:

Positives:

The new video boards are nice

Negatives:

Seats in the 2nd and 3rd tiers are not nearly as good as the old place. ( much farther away ).

Does not nearly have as intimate a feel as the old place. just to sprawling.

there I have said it. I don't like the new stadium as much as the old one. Now you can all tell me what an ill-informed, tasteless, douche bag traitor I am.

Holy shit you beat me to it. The FIRST thing my dad and I said to each other was, "wow... the line to get in is actually WORSE in this stadium."

Later, we found the bathroom lines were worse as well. Longer, but they seemed to move quicker.

And H, did you catch all the empty seats? Of course, they were all in the wicked expensive "coaches section" or whatever behind the Giants bench and Mezzanine.

Giants Stadium > Meadowlands Stadium. :(

I got into the Stadium in about 15 seconds...actually met Harry Carson too.

Only thing that really pissed me off were the bathrooms...they were ALOT smaller than the ones in the old Giants Stadium.

Other than that? Thought it was okay..but I didn't think the Giants needed a new stadium for a few years anyways.

I didn't think it was bad, but the lower concourse kinda sucks to walk around. Up steps, walk a bit, down steps, walk a bit, up steps...all the way around. Thought that was kinda gay.

The lines to get in went really quick for me. We waited all of 5 minutes for the people to pat me down and scan the ticket. Really wasn't bad at all.

The bathrooms, I agree, there certainly weren't a lot of pissers there. The girl and I had to use them as soon as we entered the stadium (didn't want to miss the game at all). I still got done first, but damn, not by much. That's a problem. Did find one of those family bathrooms close to our section that was unlocked. Walked right in during halftime with no wait. Have to imagine that folks will catch on to that.

Beer, give me a break. I saw $8.50 each. Glad I had a good 6-8 in the parking lot beforehand. I didn't pay for one. Was nice to see options other than Bud Light and Budweiser.

The biggest problem...for me anyhow...was that the fucking website said how the roads in and out were all redone and worked for the better. Bullshit. I understand it sucks ass to get 90,000 out of one area, but holy fuck. Why the hell can you not get to the NJ turnpike easily from every exit? Granted, I am an out-of-towner and not used to it, but could they make it a little more fucking difficult? We waited a good 90 minutes from the end of the game before leaving and it still sucked hard.

I got into the Stadium in about 15 seconds...actually met Harry Carson too.

Only thing that really pissed me off were the bathrooms...they were ALOT smaller than the ones in the old Giants Stadium.

Other than that? Thought it was okay..but I didn't think the Giants needed a new stadium for a few years anyways.

NYC wants to host a Super Bowl NOW!!!!! Only reason that place was built. Pretty ironic though, since it's not in NYC.

NYC wants to host a Super Bowl NOW!!!!! Only reason that place was built. Pretty ironic though, since it's not in NYC.

I disagree. The whole purpose of this new stadium was to monetize the value of a 50,000+ waiting list AND to get more ( much, much more ) of the seats into Corporate hands and away from individual season ticket holders through prohibitive PSL and ticket pricing.

As it did in Philly, Washington and Dallas the plan worked brilliantly ( for the owners ); long time fans got screwed, casual fans benefited.

It is what it is. business is business. i am not passing judgement on the decision but there was no reason, other than money, to tear down the old Giants Stadium and replace it with the new Giants stadium.

( Noto Bene: I will continue to refer to this place as the "new Giants Stadium" until it no longer seems to annoy Jets fans to hear me say it )