SportsWrath

Let us just call it BJ's for QB's

Jesus H. Christ....watching and listening to the combined slobber knocking and spit shining of the cocks of Drew Brees and Brett Favre on tonight's game just leaves me breathless. Then during half time breaking new......a four year contract extension for Tom Brady....W-O-W...now we can have a daisy chain. :jerkoff:

Jesus H. Christ....watching and listening to the combined slobber knocking and spit shining of the cocks of Drew Brees and Brett Favre on tonight's game just leaves me breathless. Then during half time breaking new......a four year contract extension for Tom Brady....W-O-W...now we can have a daisy chain. :jerkoff:

the difference is favre soaks it up ( i think he actually tries to look older than 41) and brees doesn't seem to want it.

the difference is favre soaks it up ( i think he actually tries to look older than 41) and brees doesn't seem to want it.

Fair enough...but it was more a commentary on the announcers and their spit flecked shrill shilling than a stab at the QB's...

Fair enough...but it was more a commentary on the announcers and their spit flecked shrill shilling than a stab at the QB's...

two things I HATE about NFL broadcasts.

1) the way they slobber over everyone. The average NFL team has 5 or 6 hall of famers and at least 10 pro bowl calliber guys even if they are 4-8. It is ridiculous.

2) Stupid, uninformative, useless sideline reporters. Hey networks, here is an idea, instead of making up a useless job so you can hire no nothing fools like Oliver and Kramer why don't you find a lady or two who actually understand the game and, god forbid, put them in the booth.

two things I HATE about NFL broadcasts.

1) the way they slobber over everyone. The average NFL team has 5 or 6 hall of famers and at least 10 pro bowl calliber guys even if they are 4-8. It is ridiculous.

2) Stupid, uninformative, useless sideline reporters. Hey networks, here is an idea, instead of making up a useless job so you can hire no nothing fools like Oliver and Kramer why don't you find a lady or two who actually understand the game and, god forbid, put them in the booth.

That is why radio broadcasts are 100x's better. Local announcers who know the team in and out, who are not beholden to the League to push their story lines. I cannot even enjoy Monday Night Football on ESPN

umm, two of the leagues premiere QBs (footnote, the dog hates to have admit that Favre is a premiere QB, but he is...) are playing eachother on opening night, one coming off of a super bowl MVP award and one coming off an MVP caliber season at the age of 40...would you prefer they spent their time discussing the former giant TE match-up of Shockey vs Shiancone? that would be scintillating...

umm, two of the leagues premiere QBs (footnote, the dog hates to have admit that Favre is a premiere QB, but he is...) are playing eachother on opening night, one coming off of a super bowl MVP award and one coming off an MVP caliber season at the age of 40...would you prefer they spent their time discussing the former giant TE match-up of Shockey vs Shiancone? that would be scintillating...

how about Adrian Peterson?

I could maybe understand it if they cut it down to 15 minutes a week but instead, Between ESPN and the NFL Network Favre stories run more frequently than Law and Order reruns.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Brett. In fact this is one of my favorite Favre moments:

alg_giants.jpg

still doesn't trump the QB match-up...and the dog is pretty sure if 30 minutes of peterson praise was dished out, we would be discussing now the tv announcer's love affair for him...it is what it is...

So the complaint was that they fill too much air time talking about the same player, and your counter-argument is that if they spent too much time talking about one player we'd complain about it?

Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to another season of insightful gems from you. :jerkoff:

So the complaint was that they fill too much air time talking about the same player, and your counter-argument is that if they spent too much time talking about one player we'd complain about it?

Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to another season of insightful gems from you. :jerkoff:

in a manner of speaking. every game announcers are going to find a player(s) to discuss at length. doesn't matter who it is, everyone is going to complain about it. the dog responded to tcbvp to point out the simple fact that a brees vs favre matchup is going to get that kind of attention, justifiably so...when gorilla asked why not peterson, suggesting that he should have been discussed being the dynamo back that he is, the dog countered that any attention he got would result in the same aggravation from those listening...of course, this is very complicated and certainly above what you can apparently process, so the dog's suggestion for you is to stick with the basics: it is what it is. blunatic may not like it, but then again, he is clearly a true intellectual who is above such basic logic that it bores him so...and yet, he can't help but chime in all the time. what a huckleberry...

in a manner of speaking. every game announcers are going to find a player(s) to discuss at length. doesn't matter who it is, everyone is going to complain about it. the dog responded to tcbvp to point out the simple fact that a brees vs favre matchup is going to get that kind of attention, justifiably so...when gorilla asked why not peterson, suggesting that he should have been discussed being the dynamo back that he is, the dog countered that any attention he got would result in the same aggravation from those listening...of course, this is very complicated and certainly above what you can apparently process, so the dog's suggestion for you is to stick with the basics: it is what it is. blunatic may not like it, but then again, he is clearly a true intellectual who is above such basic logic that it bores him so...and yet, he can't help but chime in all the time. what a huckleberry...

a huckleberry? thank you phil rizzuto! 'it is what it is' is what people say when they have nothing to say. it makes about as much sense as "not for nothin" but, not for nothin, it's good to have you back, lonely guy.

No you didn't genius, you said "30 minutes of Peterson praise" not "any attention" suggesting the same pattern of boring, superficial drivel we were already talking about. Gorilla's point, like T's, was that there was more to discuss than just one aspect of the match-up.

You feel the need to interject a contrary position into any discussion you can but you're neither smart nor insightful enough to contribute anything but bitterness and tedium to a thread. You insist you're more intelligent than everyone yet continually prove yourself wrong.

No you didn't genius, you said "30 minutes of Peterson praise" not "any attention" suggesting the same pattern of boring, superficial drivel we were already talking about. Gorilla's point, like T's, was that there was more to discuss than just one aspect of the match-up.

You feel the need to interject a contrary position into any discussion you can but you're neither smart nor insightful enough to contribute anything but bitterness and tedium to a thread. You insist you're more intelligent than everyone yet continually prove yourself wrong.

Exactly.. AP could be considered the best RB in the game, if he would just hold the fucking football the right way and stop fumbling so damn much... and you have Reggie Bush who was touted as potentially a world beater RB in the same game. How they did not compare the two of them is beyond me. Personally I would like to see them breakdown how AP holds the ball the way a powderpuff player does and compare it to the correct way to carry a football...

Exactly.. AP could be considered the best RB in the game, if he would just hold the fucking football the right way and stop fumbling so damn much... and you have Reggie Bush who was touted as potentially a world beater RB in the same game. How they did not compare the two of them is beyond me. Personally I would like to see them breakdown how AP holds the ball the way a powderpuff player does and compare it to the correct way to carry a football...

Thats what I was just thinking. He's never really developed as a player, but he's so dominant in one aspect of the.game that his flaws are glossed over. He makes the same mistakes now as when he was as a freshman.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in his career...he's got the natural talent to do so much more.

Nothing compares to the lust announcers had for Joe Montana. You could just about understand what they were saying through the man-juice.

OMG Fish- to this day, they still worship 16, 80 and 42 like it was yesterday. Back then, it was unbearable We're talking 8 pages of 49er highlights, 2 pages of raiders. and a blurb about the rest of the league if shoe fair didn't have an ad that day.

Nothing compares to the lust announcers had for Joe Montana. You could just about understand what they were saying through the man-juice.

:LMAO: Thanks Gut...its always one of the Boomers who makes concrete what we should all remember. I would always break out my Village People albums after a 69'er game. :punk:

OMG Fish- to this day, they still worship 16, 80 and 42 like it was yesterday. Back then, it was unbearable We're talking 8 pages of 49er highlights, 2 pages of raiders. and a blurb about the rest of the league if shoe fair didn't have an ad that day.

:LMAO: Brother how did you survive....it must have been torture... :cry:

yes simpleton, and if the entire four quarters was spent discussing nothing but favre and brees, you might have a sliver of a point, but as the dog said, in last night's game, the story line was the QB matchup...wasn't the only thing discussed, but it was justifiably the main aspect of the game. and if it is tedium to you, then yet again, why do you continue to engage? the fact is, you jump at every opportunity...come to the dog simpleton, come to the dog...

Being in tne Bay area back then must have been a waking nightmare. It was barely tolerable in NJ.

how about Adrian Peterson?

I would ask Childress that question, Peterson was running it down their throat and they stopped giving him the ball:confused:I think Favre went look you fuckers begged for me I am not out here to hand to ball off, I am the motherfucking gunslinger I am either gonna get us back in this game or totally fail, and he totally failed, Granted the Saints were taking time off the clock but Minnesota was letting them by going three and out instead playing some ball control themselves.