SportsWrath

Antonio Pierce

Lughead

Says Coughlin and everyone in the organization is on the hot seat Better win or there win be a a locker room wide gutting

Just saw it on SNY

Three years removed from a Superbowl and we have yet to win another playoff game, did he really say anything wrong?

No one outside of Eli and the Wrs should feel safe on this team.

Says Coughlin and everyone in the organization is on the hot seat Better win or there win be a a locker room wide gutting

Just saw it on SNY

Well that was the tone J. Mara set when the season ended.

Well that was the tone J. Mara set when the season ended.

yeah We knew it and the Giants knew it after the season ended. now at the start of Summer he comes out and says it with bitterness just because he will no doubt have to retire now.

Just saw it on SNY

Isn't every team in the NFL on the "hot seat"? Is anyone really safe? Shit I'm happy with the Giants organization.. even when they suck, they don't suck for a long time like some teams do... What's the longest stretch we've gone without making the playoffs? shit.. 2 SB appearances in this decade... with one win.. how many other teams can anyone say that about? The Jets? The Raiders? Philly? the Skins?.. Dallas? I think I can go and reach 28 before the Giants come up.. AND we are an elite team.. and the team to beat in the NFC aside from the Saints.

Besides, AP was one of the weak links anyway.

Antonio Pierce no longer has a future with the Giants. The linebacker thinks head coach Tom Coughlin might not have much of one, either.

"He's on the hot seat," Pierce said of Coughlin during an interview with NFL Network. "I think everybody in New York is on the hot seat.

"When you talk about a team three years removed from the Super Bowl, to a team that the year after the Super Bowl was the No. 1 seed in the NFC East, then to a team that was 8-8 and out (of) the playoffs, there's some fires lit underneath some people's butts now in that locker room and in that organization."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/pierce_giants_coughlin_on_hot_seat_YzZjy6RkQOe9AWFk39oKrI#ixzz0pK8DlOLe

Looking back though.. what he said wasn't totally outrageous.

Did you see the whole thing on NFL Network? He was asked if Coughlin was on the hot seat like before we won the SB and he said in New York everyone's always on the hot seat. It was extremely non-controversial.

The only interesting thing he said was that basically the entire defense was unhappy with Sheridan's system. That for two years under Spags they'd be doing it right and having success, then they were being told they were doing things wrong under Sheridan.

Jesus...Sheridan sounds like the second coming of Rod Rust and the Coach Who Shall Remain Nameless...who was promoted after The Prostitute left a team for "health" reasons. :TD: Classic case of a semi-competent assistant being given a bigger ball of wax to play with and fucking it up (eg. Buddy Harrellson and the Mets is another example).

Three years removed from a Superbowl and we have yet to win another playoff game, did he really say anything wrong?

No one outside of Eli and the Wrs should feel safe on this team.

Bradshaw should feel safe.

That is controversial.

how so?

is someone really gonna argue that bin laden isnt hated by many?

he may also be loved by many, but theres no denying that he is indeed hated by many.

how so?

is someone really gonna argue that bin laden isnt hated by many?

he may also be loved by many, but theres no denying that he is indeed hated by many.

Boy... your sarcasm meter is off this weekend.

Jesus...Sheridan sounds like the second coming of Rod Rust and the Coach Who Shall Remain Nameless...who was promoted after The Prostitute left a team for "health" reasons. :TD: Classic case of a semi-competent assistant being given a bigger ball of wax to play with and fucking it up (eg. Buddy Harrellson and the Mets is another example).

Sheridan was worse than Rod Rust.....isn't that fucking scary?

Literally and figuratively, last year was the worst Giants defense I've ever seen in my life.

Statistically speaking, you'd need to go back before I was born....to 1966....after Allie Sherman had traded Sam Huff, to find a more demoralized, suck-ass defense than what disgraced the field last year.

May the name "Sheridan" be stricken from every obelisk, and may it never be uttered, upon pain of death.

Sheridan was worse than Rod Rust.....isn't that fucking scary?

Literally and figuratively, last year was the worst Giants defense I've ever seen in my life.

Statistically speaking, you'd need to go back before I was born....to 1966....after Allie Sherman had traded Sam Huff, to find a more demoralized, suck-ass defense than what disgraced the field last year.

May the name "Sheridan" be stricken from every obelisk, and may it never be uttered, upon pain of death.

So it is written...so shall it be....your Pharaoh commands it. :afro::flex:

You gotta love Tuck.

Some like it hot.

Upon hearing that former linebacker and team captain Antonio Pierce said he believes head coach Tom Coughlin and almost every other Giants player is "on the hot seat" after last year's 8-8 season, Justin Tuck isn't hiding from the heat. Instead, he's embracing it.

"I understand where he's coming from," he said last night. "We didn't have by our standards a successful year last year. A lot of people said our fans got spoiled, because I've been here five years and we made the playoffs four years in a row and we won the Super Bowl, but I don't agree with that.

"I think we got spoiled," Tuck said. "We started 5-0 and we started looking at ourselves as 'Here we go again, we're going to make the playoffs.' And then we got hit in our face and we couldn't respond to that.

"It was a good thing. I'm actually happy all that happened last year. Now we have to start from square one, we've got a new defensive coordinator we're got a new approach in practices. I'm glad we're hanging under the radar, I'm glad the Jets are getting all the headlines, I'm glad no one's talking about us, I'm glad we're picked to be third or maybe fourth in our own division, that's cool with me."

paul.schwartz@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/tuck_likes_hot_seat_tmqGIUeMe1Zsh21J0V7BLM#ixzz0ptMnW9vp