SportsWrath

Questioning JPP's Dedication to Football?

Mr. P

alg_pierre_paul_bulls.jpg

On a ride to the hospital on the edge of Kansas, 1,300 miles from home, Jason Pierre-Paul was strapped to a board as the medics tried to cut his helmet off without moving his neck. During the entire trip, he just kept saying the same thing, over and over: "I've got to get back to the game ... I've got to get back to the game."

It was, after all, a big game between Fort Scott Community College and their archrival Coffeyville - and as his coach, Jeff Sims would later learn, Pierre-Paul was a big-game player for Fort Scott. It was 2008 and Pierre-Paul was at his second college in two years and only in his third season as a football player. It was then, in the second quarter of his second game, he slammed his head into a Coffeyville running back. Pierre-Paul fell to the ground.

"My neck!" he screamed.

As the ambulance sped away, Sims focused his attention on the game, trying not to worry about his young player. But then, early in the third quarter, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"I turned around and he's standing there saying, 'Coach, I can play,'" Sims recalls. "I said, 'No, you can't Jason.'" It was then, Sims says, Pierre-Paul reached behind him and retrieved his hospital release forms he had stuffed in his pants.

"The doctor looks at them and says 'He's good to go.'" remembers Sims. "So I said 'Well get in.'

"And he says, 'Coach, I don't have a helmet. They cut it off my head.'"

Pierre-Paul returned to the field after the injury, the ambulance ride, and some time inside an MRI tube. He eventually found a new helmet and went on to record three sacks in what was left of that 15-0 Fort Scott win.

"On the second sack after he got back, when he hits the quarterback, he hits the ground and he breaks his two middle fingers," Sims says. "They're pointing sideways and he's looking at them and one of the (young) girl trainers sees the fingers and runs the other way.

"So he comes to the sidelines and the doctor straightens them out. And you talk about toughness? He goes right back in and gets another sack."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/04/25/2010-04-25_new_york_giants_first_round_nfl_draft_pick_jason_pierrepaul_beat_the_odds.html

This sounds more like the script to a Hollywood movie than something that actually happened on a football field.

So in a 2.5 hour time span, he what.... hurt his neck on the (presumably) first play of the second quarter, was driven to the hospital, given an MRI, diagnosed, released, driven back to the game, given new equipment, then broke two fingers en route to recording three sacks on what... the last three plays of the game?

Anybody else know of a hospital that works that fast?

Sorry, but... my bullshit sense is tingling.

This sounds more like the script to a Hollywood movie than something that actually happened on a football field.

So in a 2.5 hour time span, he what.... hurt his neck on the (presumably) first play of the second quarter, was driven to the hospital, given an MRI, diagnosed, released, driven back to the game, given new equipment, then broke two fingers en route to recording three sacks on what... the last three plays of the game?

MRI's only take 25 mins at most, we can usually get a patient in from emerge and out the door within an hour and results are pretty much instantaneous with computers and such. If they truly thought it was a severe neck injury he would of been in the MRI room 5 mins upon going threw the emerge door and talking to a doctor about the results within 40.

And most teams carry extra equipment on gameday, atleast my highschool football team did.

MRI's only take 25 mins at most, we can usually get a patient in from emerge and out the door within an hour and results are pretty much instantaneous with computers and such. If they truly thought it was a severe neck injury he would of been in the MRI room 5 mins upon going threw the emerge door and talking to a doctor about the results within 40.

And most teams carry extra equipment on gameday, atleast my highschool football team did.

I mean, it's POSSIBLE... if say, the hospital was two blocks away, and it IS in Kansas...

...just sounds a little fishy is all. I half expected them to say he stopped the ambulance to save a puppy and adopted a homeless kid after the game.

I mean, it's POSSIBLE... if say, the hospital was two blocks away, and it IS in Kansas...

...just sounds a little fishy is all. I half expected them to say he stopped the ambulance to save a puppy and adopted a homeless kid after the game.

Heh thats true, I cant comment on where the hospital was located. I mean I can see truth to the story in terms of the time line being in the hospital but being driven to and from I dont know how long it would of taken.

Either way if this is true, this kid should be putting all he has into this team and I can't wait to see him suit up.

Last year Strahan broke two fingers when he was jamming that GPS tracking system up in his girfriends dashboard.......he was out playing the same night in LA :rolleyes:

Hey you guys got it all wrong.....In Haiti "FOOTBALL" is our Soccer........he meant he was not dedicated to Soccer.

LOL <_<

Last year Strahan broke two fingers when he was jamming that GPS tracking system up in his girfriends dashboard.......he was out playing the same night in LA :rolleyes:

Hey you guys got it all wrong.....In Haiti "FOOTBALL" is our Soccer........he meant he was not dedicated to Soccer.

LOL <_<

ok.

everyone else, does this make any sense to any of you guys?

you guys did'nt know Strays girlfriend took her Mercedes in for service and the technicians found a GPS tracking system strahan had installed in it? when she called him, he came down and ripped it out by hand.........perhaps braking a few fingers.....I made that part up LOL

:jerkoff:

im with you sounds a little strange.......i have never been in and out of the hospital that fast in m life....and we are talking little things here

this guy had a neck injury.....and he had all the proper test done and was realased and cleared with in a 2 hour span.......i call bs

what kinda coach would but a player in after that time of injury 10 minutes after being released from the hospitle?

isnt there rules againts a player going back intoa a game after an injury like that?

is it because it was a community college that those rules arent in place

what kinda coach would but a player in after that time of injury 10 minutes after being released from the hospitle?

isnt there rules againts a player going back intoa a game after an injury like that?

is it because it was a community college that those rules arent in place

This doesn't to seem to bug anyone else that this happened at Community College? :ph34r:two years ago in this kid was just the 15th pick in the draft :TD:

Well....we spent the 15th pick on him. And for some reason, all the analysts seem to think it was one of the best picks in the draft.

Lets he pans out big time! The next Strahan types.

Thats the thing, this is what I heard and seen, from the Kipers and Mayocks "he has more negatives, then positives but hes my tenth rated prospect"