SportsWrath

Spikes, Lee, Cody, Mays, and Price are still there

so-cal dub

I dont want Mays, I think he's one of those will take 2-3 years to be NFL ready. I just want someone who can start from day one, I know Spikes and Lee are rated highly as LBs so hopefully we can take one of them. But which one of the two was the LB who ran a 5.1 or something? I remember us talking about it a month back, about the LB who runs slower then a DT.

I want Spikes, I really don't care about his 40 time. He was a standout on one of the best D's in maybe THE best conference in college football. One bad 40 time and all of a sudden 3 or 4 years of dominating people his age is not enough.

Most people here laugh at Al Davis for his love of drafting speed demons, yet the only reason this boartd isn't in love with Spikes is his 40. A bad day running cone to cone doesn't negate 3 years of production.If not Spikes, I wouldn't be too upset with Mays.

Edited by Virginia Giant

I want Spikes, I really don't care about his 40 time. He was a standout on one of the best D's in maybe THE best conference in college football. One bad 40 time and all of a sudden 3 or 4 years of dominating people his age is not enough.

Most people here laugh at Al Davis for his love of drafting speed demons, yet the only reason this boartd isn't in love with Spikes is his 40. A bad day running cone to cone doesn't negate 3 years of production.

Apparently his 3 cone was pretty good and thats more of a barometer of just a straight 40 time...

Most people here laugh at Al Davis for his love of drafting speed demons, yet the only reason this boartd isn't in love with Spikes is his 40. A bad day running cone to cone doesn't negate 3 years of production.If not Spikes, I wouldn't be too upset with Mays.

Not just that, there's a long history of guys who fell because of 40 times that ended up being very productive NFL linebackers. Antonio Pierce, Bryan Cox, etc.

Not just that, there's a long history of guys who fell because of 40 times that ended up being very productive NFL linebackers. Antonio Pierce, Bryan Cox, etc.

yeah, i just personally think Spikes' 40 times should drop him to the 3rd round, not the 2nd.

i dont want him at all with our 2nd rounder, if we traded down for pick 28-32 id be ok with it, not excited, but not pissed.

yeah, i just personally think Spikes' 40 times should drop him to the 3rd round, not the 2nd.

i dont want him at all with our 2nd rounder, if we traded down for pick 28-32 id be ok with it, not excited, but not pissed.

Should take Carlos Dunlap a DEFENSIVE END in the 2nd round. Ya know for the "4 aces and a joker package."

Should take Carlos Dunlap a DEFENSIVE END in the 2nd round. Ya know for the "4 aces and a joker package."

we've already got sintim in the linebacker position who was a 3-4 lb in college. we should trade up for clausen.

If Spikes makes it to round 3, and to us it would be a steal. I doubt that he makes it past the second round though.

It's a fair point. He's like the anti-JPP... lousy combine numbers, but high production and smarts.

Then we should take another DE in the next round... and play Canty as an end... for the "Seven Card Studs" package.