SportsWrath

What time do you think the Giants pick tonight?

GorillaNJ

I cannot find out how long between picks... is it 10 minutes? If so are we really looking at the Giants picking around 10pm? That fucking sucks...

Draft Saturday was one of my favorite days, get up early throw a rack of ribs on the smoker get some beers on ice and have my buddies who come over during the season hang out for the day.

Now I will be home with the kids flipping between the Mets and the draft, and fighting to stay awake to see the Giants pick.

NFL Draft Thursday Night :TD:

Draft is 7:30, but there's like 3 hours of pre-draft coverage too.

At 10 minutes per pick and teams taking damn near the full 10 minutes each pick, you'll have 140 minutes at the most to wait through. So, at the latest, you're looking at 9:40ish. If you're not going to watch the whole thing, I'd guess 9:30-10:00 would be a safe bet.

I like the prime time draft deal too and I like the 3 days. I enjoyed taking the whole Saturday too, to sit and absorb football news and things, but after 8 hours or so, it did get a little stale.

At 10 minutes per pick and teams taking damn near the full 10 minutes each pick, you'll have 140 minutes at the most to wait through. So, at the latest, you're looking at 9:40ish. If you're not going to watch the whole thing, I'd guess 9:30-10:00 would be a safe bet.

I like the prime time draft deal too and I like the 3 days. I enjoyed taking the whole Saturday too, to sit and absorb football news and things, but after 8 hours or so, it did get a little stale.

Yeah, they always take just about the full ten minutes... then trades can add time too.

I just dislike anything during Prime Time... I get up before 5am for work everyday, so come Thursday staying up until 10 is a struggle.

Yeah, they always take just about the full ten minutes... then trades can add time too.

I just dislike anything during Prime Time... I get up before 5am for work everyday, so come Thursday staying up until 10 is a struggle.

Sheesh.. how long is your commute, G?

Sheesh.. how long is your commute, G?

Just over an hour and a half. i catch a 6:00 train and am at my desk about 7:20.

It sucks, but I do have the trade off that when I get home from work I can take a 5 minute drive to take the kids fishing and the kids go to one of the best schools in the state. That is what I have to say over and over to myself as I sit on that NJ Transit train ride home.... sucks for me but good for the kids.

Just over an hour and a half. i catch a 6:00 train and am at my desk about 7:20.

It sucks, but I do have the trade off that when I get home from work I can take a 5 minute drive to take the kids fishing and the kids go to one of the best schools in the state. That is what I have to say over and over to myself as I sit on that NJ Transit train ride home.... sucks for me but good for the kids.

Oh, i feel your pain on that one. I used to leave my house at 5:40 am to catch a 6:15 train that would get me into manhattan at 7:40 to be at work by 8:00. Did that everday for a few years. 2 hours and 20 minute commute each way is a killer. Thats what you get for living in peaceful Nesconset, Long isalnd and having to commute on the LIRR Ronkonkoma line.

The problem though is what if the Giants had done well last year. Now we'd be waiting until 11:00. Hell the Giants could trade down and we could be waiting until 11:00 or later. <_<

The problem though is what if the Giants had done well last year. Now we'd be waiting until 11:00. Hell the Giants could trade down and we could be waiting until 11:00 or later. <_<

don't they stop at 10:00 pm est? i have a hockey game to watch.

Im thinking maybe we give up Osi our first, and one of our second's, and move to the top pick. Or maybe not.

We should have traded Osi last night prior to our pick as we would have gotten more value for him IMHO. So this means they are going to keep him bitching or not. I like the pick we made in that we get a young uninjured stud lineman who cannot be any worse than Osi at his best. You know the speed rush five yards beyond the QB.