SportsWrath

The Redskins will win it ALL this year!

Sephiroth

...sort of like how they "won it all" back in 2000 when they picked up Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders.

Or in 2002 when they signed Jessie Armstead and Jeremiah Trotter.

Or in 2006 when they signed Randle-El and Adam Archuleta.

Or in 2007 when they signed London Fletcher and Fred Smoot.

Or in 2009 when they signed Albert Haynesworth.

Why is EVERYONE making such a big deal about Mc Nabb? EVERY year they pick up the "big name," and EVERY year they finish below .500.

Washington is where the old players go to die. :huh:

...sort of like how they "won it all" back in 2000 when they picked up Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders.

Why is EVERYONE making such a big deal about Mc Nabb? EVERY year they pick up the "big name," and EVERY year they finish below .500.

London Fletcher's a bad example.

And I don't think people are making a big deal about it, I think people are expecting same old Redskins. McNabb will still need time to throw and they still don't have that.

I haven't heard any of this in all honesty. I do hear alot of "Oh McNabb will add a few wins for the Redskins but their still behind the Giants and Cowboys" which I think is pretty accurate.

The Redskins are behind everybody in the East. They are back to signing old players and the Eagles now have a lot of draft picks. Also Kolb played well in his few opportunities and I think the Eagles were very smart with this trade. I think Seph is just trying to point out the pundits are acting like the Redskins did something good this year but they didn't in my opinion also.

The skins got some very good coaches and some very good defense... McNabb is an upgrade.

I havent heard any of this in all hoensty. I do hear alot of "Oh McNabb will add a few wins for the Redskins but their still behind the Giants and Cowboys" which I think is pretty accurate.

I've seen at least two crawls on the bottom of the screen on NFL Network saying, "Are Skins team to beat in NFC East?"

Of course it was at work and the volume was down, so I couldn't hear what they had to say.

the difference is they now have solid coaching and mcnabb is clearly a better pick up then anyone on the list above...that being said, the dog wouldn't see this team being much better than 9-7 at this moment, but you never know...

the difference is they now have solid coaching and mcnabb is clearly a better pick up then anyone on the list above...that being said, the dog wouldn't see this team being much better than 9-7 at this moment, but you never know...

They had "solid coaching" when they picked up Schottenheimer.

And then Spurrier

And then Gibbs.

Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

i don't think he has anyone to throw to really. santana is ok i guess and cooley but it's like the pre-TO eagles. maybe this is where marshall ends up- shanahan drafted him, right?

I could see them trading the 4th pick for Marshall, they seem to have no interest in the NFL draft, thought Shanny was going too change that philosophy but apparently not. There was some Guittierez moron on sports reporters this morning saying how great this was and how McNabb is gonna burn Philly, he said McNabb makes mediocre to bad players better :unsure: I guess T.O was awful and so is Desean Jackson,Westbrook was just a terrible player. It's the opposite McNabb did nothing without fast superstar wideouts

They had "solid coaching" when they picked up Schottenheimer.

And then Spurrier

And then Gibbs.

Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

out of all those i'll agree with schottenheimer.

out of all those i'll agree with schottenheimer.

I really wished Schottenheimer would of won at least one SB in his coaching career, I really did like him as a coach. He always seemed to have the worst luck in the playoffs though with players getting injured the week before or just the other team catching some lucky breaks during the game.

I think this makes the Skins more dangerous.....the other guy Campbell was a pretty mediocre QB

having said that ....must we now face Michael Vick 2X per year.......who is going to QB the Eagles?

Kevin Kolb. Vick's a backup......for now anyway.

I really wished Schottenheimer would of won at least one SB in his coaching career, I really did like him as a coach. He always seemed to have the worst luck in the playoffs though with players getting injured the week before or just the other team catching some lucky breaks during the game.

yeah they had NE in Schotts last game, NE caught another lucky break and Spanos fires Schott that was fucked up considering the team was 14-2 that year with a playoff loss to a team that seems to get lucky all the time

yeah they had NE in Schotts last game, NE caught another lucky break and Spanos fires Schott that was fucked up considering the team was 14-2 that year with a playoff loss to a team that seems to get lucky all the time

Looking back I really thought Schot was pretty good but had bad luck... now that you guys brought it up :)

It is hard for any coach to overcome totally dysfunctional ownership and a crappy team culture.

Maybe McNabb carries enough respect to get some of the kids on that team to clean up their acts but who knows. In '09 they really came across as an extremely undisciplined, churlish, immature bunch of me firsters.

It is hard for any coach to overcome totally dysfunctional ownership and a crappy team culture.

Maybe McNabb carries enough respect to get some of the kids on that team to clean up their acts but who knows. In '09 they really came across as an extremely undisciplined, churlish, immature bunch of me firsters.

Yeah and he didn't like the immaturity on the Eagles which was caused by youth, he hated Terrell cause the team rallied around Owens and he thought Owens was a child, Wait till he runs into Clinton Portis, Owens is mother Theresa compared to Portis.