SportsWrath

SS Taylor Mays

mastershake

I have a feeling he wont drop out of the top 10, he's one of those players that you dont pass up. Physically gifted and can be coached into something great with the right people around him. If he was there at 15 I would say take him but if McClain is there we need to address our major LB issues first.

FUCK NO.

Really? Why don't you think so. I'd be interested to here the negatives on him.

I'm also assuming we get a LB in free agency, because I don't think we can count on McClain being there - and after McClain there isn't much until the 2nd round. So Im guessing we'll go LB in free agency. I think Mays can be a real impact player on D.

I'm also assuming we get a LB in free agency, because I don't think we can count on McClain being there - and after McClain there isn't much until the 2nd round. So Im guessing we'll go LB in free agency. I think Mays can be a real impact player on D.

Not a playmaker, scouts knew he'd light up the combine..played like shit at the Senior Bowl, doesn't tackle very well while instead going for the big hit.

Not a playmaker, scouts knew he'd light up the combine..played like shit at the Senior Bowl, doesn't tackle very well while instead going for the big hit.

that's willie's grandson, you know

cool.gif

Have you guys seen this guy? If McClain isn't around at #15, I'd take him in a heartbeat. A 6'3 230 lb SS that can apparently run a 4.3 40.

Could be a good tandem with Phillips and with Johnson in the rotation. Johnson's play was sub-par last season.

I thought his 40 time was a mistake? I read that on yahoo somewhere.

Have you guys seen this guy? If McClain isn't around at #15, I'd take him in a heartbeat. A 6'3 230 lb SS that can apparently run a 4.3 40.

Could be a good tandem with Phillips and with Johnson in the rotation. Johnson's play was sub-par last season.

I'm a draft dummy but my gut tells me we're going for a MLB... and we may even trade up for someone we really like... mark my words because when it comes to these things I'm always wrong :) (almost)

If we draft McClain, Does Palin come with the deal?

At 6-3 230, it wouldn't take much to convert this guy to LB....just a little more meat on the bones and you'd have a prototype speed linebacker.

But I'd prefer a natural linebacker witht he first pick. Anything other than a great linebacker will be disappointing to me (fair or not).

Sounds like Brian Urlacher when he was coming out of college.