SportsWrath

Fire Coughlin

JackStroud

The team just has no heart, if they got their asses kicked but played with some balls I'd be ok with it. But the past few games have been pathetic. Big things need to change.

True, but firing Coughlin as suggested, isn't going to be one of them. Last week I fully expected them to play with fire and heart. This week, not so much. Still would've been nice to at least see a close game to close out the season. Maybe we move up a spot or 2 in the draft now, assuming they don't waste it.

True, but firing Coughlin as suggested, isn't going to be one of them. Last week I fully expected them to play with fire and heart. This week, not so much. Still would've been nice to at least see a close game to close out the season. Maybe we move up a spot or 2 in the draft now, assuming they don't waste it.

I agree, I don't necessarily want Coughlin gone, I actually like him a lot. But there was no fire out of this team. Even sometimes earlier in the year it seemed like Bradshaw was the only one giving it all every play. Damn I miss Strahan. I hope they get some scrappy hard-nosed bastards on the defense. Be it through the draft or FA, we need some brawlers who are out to put some hell on opposing offenses.

No its starts at the top and we need a HC with some fire in his belly

i like tom too.....but not as HC of the NY Giants

Didn't he get a contract extension within the last year or so? He's not going anywhere unless he decides to retire. And a coach can talk/cheerlead all he wants but if the players don't execute, what's the point? Better yet, how is that Coughlin's fault? Sure he's the coach, and accountable for his team's performance, but if he's done his job and the team says f**k it on the field, I don't see how replacing him is going to fix anything.

Isn't it obvious yet?

If the offense doesn't score first, and often, we lose. Our defense couldn't hold a score if it had a handle, and the offense knows it. So once the opponent scores before us, any hope the offense has goes out the window--the defense? They've been playing without heart for most of the season.

The clusterfuck begins with the D. Until that gets straightened out, we go nowhere. Specials need a revamp as well.

Coughlin isn't going anywhere--love him or hate him, he's the best coach we've had since Parcells.

In fairness to Coughlin, he's going to try to get this resolved. Whether he can is another thing.

But he'll do himself some justice if he lets Sheridan go.

I think the coordinators need to go, but at this stage of his career do you think Coughlin is going to want to work with an entirely new coaching staff, or a house cleaning of players?

I think the coordinators need to go, but at this stage of his career do you think Coughlin is going to want to work with an entirely new coaching staff, or a house cleaning of players?

Gilbride isn't going anywhere. Guys like Waufle aren't going either. There'll be some changes.

Isn't it obvious yet?

If the offense doesn't score first, and often, we lose. Our defense couldn't hold a score if it had a handle, and the offense knows it. So once the opponent scores before us, any hope the offense has goes out the window--the defense? They've been playing without heart for most of the season.

The clusterfuck begins with the D. Until that gets straightened out, we go nowhere. Specials need a revamp as well.

Coughlin isn't going anywhere--love him or hate him, he's the best coach we've had since Parcells.

It's hard to blame the O if they quit the last 2 games. You don't score on your first few possessions and it's suddenly 21-0 with no hope. Although apparently the Giants had the 10th ranked D the only other team with more allowed TDs in the season is Detroit. The Vikings game was so bad that my local Fox channel went to an infomercial during the 4th quarter. That's right they stop broadcasting football until the Dallas/Eagles game came on.

if you guys cant see we've become a laughingstock under ol Tom I cannot help you

your DELUDED

your loyalty is to a guy who cannot motivate a team to play for him........he might be competent as an executive but his playing field days are over

we will sink to oblivion with this guy as HC

if you guys cant see we've become a laughingstock under ol Tom I cannot help you

your DELUDED

your loyalty is to a guy who cannot motivate a team to play for him........he might be competent as an executive but his playing field days are over

just liked we'd never win a superbowl with pierce starting at MLB right

When you win the Super Bowl, you get a "get out of Jail Free" card with a pretty long expiration date.

Coughlin is a damn good coach....he needs to find a damn good DC. Last season, I was hoping they could have gotten Dom Capers to replace Spags....instead, he went to Green Bay and turned a mediocre defense into the #1 ranked unit in the NFL.

If Coughlin can get Jauron, the defense will improve. If he gets Romeo Crennel or someone of that caliber, the Giants will be back in the playoffs.

As far as Gilbride goes, I rip on him a bunch, but the numbers are pretty impressive.....we lost Plaxico and Toomer, and wound up with one of the best passing games in the NFL.

your DELUDED

Really? Because I could have sworn we wound up at .500 this year, and have been .500 or better for 5 consecutive years. Not a large group of teams can make that statement.

Didn't he get a contract extension within the last year or so? He's not going anywhere unless he decides to retire. And a coach can talk/cheerlead all he wants but if the players don't execute, what's the point? Better yet, how is that Coughlin's fault? Sure he's the coach, and accountable for his team's performance, but if he's done his job and the team says f**k it on the field, I don't see how replacing him is going to fix anything.

The team should have fire and its up to the coach to light it. There are enough teams that are fighting it out and actually playing lights out for their coach. Carolina, Washington - a lot of them who eventhough might be shitty teams, you cant say they arent fighting it out on the field. THis team doesnt do that. It lacks heart and sucks balls and do not have the heart to play for their coach. That means its the coach's fault that he could not motivate the team. Means - he has lost this team. He might save his ass a little by getting rid of Sheridan and Gilbride.

But I agree with Jack entirely. Get rid of this guy. We need a fresh face, fresh ideas and fresh motivation and ideaology. Coughlin is geriatric and there is a dearth of ideas and nothing new.

The team should have fire and its up to the coach to light it. There are enough teams that are fighting it out and actually playing lights out for their coach. Carolina, Washington - a lot of them who eventhough might be shitty teams, you cant say they arent fighting it out on the field. THis team doesnt do that. It lacks heart and sucks balls and do not have the heart to play for their coach. That means its the coach's fault that he could not motivate the team. Means - he has lost this team. He might save his ass a little by getting rid of Sheridan and Gilbride.

But I agree with Jack entirely. Get rid of this guy. We need a fresh face, fresh ideas and fresh motivation and ideaology. Coughlin is geriatric and there is a dearth of ideas and nothing new.

I don't entirely disagree with what you are saying, but the Giants are not going to give Coughlin the boot.

As an example, if I show up to work in a shitty mood, don't want to be there, etc. and my boss sees this, he's going to try and get me to do what I'm paid to do. He's going to try and get me motivated so his customers are kept happy. If I decide, fuck it, and phone the day in, it's not my bosses fault for my shitty attitude/performance.

I don't entirely disagree with what you are saying, but the Giants are not going to give Coughlin the boot.

As an example, if I show up to work in a shitty mood, don't want to be there, etc. and my boss sees this, he's going to try and get me to do what I'm paid to do. He's going to try and get me motivated so his customers are kept happy. If I decide, fuck it, and phone the day in, it's not my bosses fault for my shitty attitude/performance.

I know. Im not saying Coughling will be given the boot either. Though Id very much like it.

I can understand your analogy, but this is different. You might come to work in a shitty mood on one day. But would you do it for 2 whole months. And even if you do, then whats the reason? Obviously you dont like your job. But these guys all want to play football. And even after that if they are in a shitty mood everyday, its because their 'boss' wasnt able to improve it for them. He was not able to motivate them effectively and at one point all the employees went into 'Fuck it man! This is hopeless' mode - why because the coach/boss just didnt have it in him to improve the attitude of the team. Its not one person. Its everyone!!