SportsWrath

If we beat Phili...

Treehugger

...and Dallas lose, does that make us #1 in the division again?

Dallas Cowboys 8 4 0 .667 279 213 2-2

Philadelphia Eagles 8 4 0 .667 327 235 3-1

New York Giants 7 5 0 .583 303 285 3-1

Washington Redskins 3 9 0 .250 200 238 0-4

Final tally on the list is divison record. So we'd be 8-5 tied with Dallas and Phili but we'd have the best divison record. Does that mean we'd be on top?

This is a question I had a while back. Doesnt it go, overall record, head to head, div, record then conf record? Im not sure. I was thinking this same thing.

As much as I want the Giants to win, I also want Sheridan and Killdrive GONE!!!!!! Continuting to win keeps those guys here. Gilbride will NEVER be a head coach anywhere, so unless he is FIRED as the OC, he is here to stay.

...and Dallas lose, does that make us #1 in the division again?

Dallas Cowboys 8 4 0 .667 279 213 2-2

Philadelphia Eagles 8 4 0 .667 327 235 3-1

New York Giants 7 5 0 .583 303 285 3-1

Washington Redskins 3 9 0 .250 200 238 0-4

Final tally on the list is divison record. So we'd be 8-5 tied with Dallas and Phili but we'd have the best divison record. Does that mean we'd be on top?

Yes.

This is a question I had a while back. Doesnt it go, overall record, head to head, div, record then conf record? Im not sure. I was thinking this same thing.

If the scenario Tree painted takes place, then we'd be tied with philly by record and head to head but we beat them with Division record as we'd only have one loss they'd have two.

As much as I want the Giants to win, I also want Sheridan and Killdrive GONE!!!!!! Continuting to win keeps those guys here. Gilbride will NEVER be a head coach anywhere, so unless he is FIRED as the OC, he is here to stay.

:confused:

You know what? I've been freaking out about the defense the last few games. But if Sheridan turns it around and keeps it that way, we win. That also means he did his job, and he did it by making some pretty gutsy moves.

I'm not even going to bother with the other coordinator. I've wasted too much time with that.

But one win doesn't mean Sheridan's turned it around. Let's see what happens.

Isnt it pretty much win out or go home?

I know we need to win against Philly and Washington to have any chance and they way both of them have been playing it's going to be tough. The Panthers are always a team that can compete and Old Man Farve in a heated dome is going to be tough unless they decide to rest for the playoffs.

I don't see us choking against Washington.. they're pretty good at finding ways to lose.

the only consistent thing about this season is it is painfully inconsistent. nothing is for sure, and the dog isn't surprised by anything. to that end, while getting a big win last week, this team still has obvious holes that need to be addressed, making no game a sure thing. get a big win against the falcons, get rolled by the broncos. get a big win against dallas, and they still have to take care of business against philly, carolina, washington and minnesota, all of which are potential wins, all of which are potential losses...

the defense is still very suspect, and the run game was not overly impressive. but they took care of what they needed to for one week...

my view is that.....

Dallas will lose all the rest to go 8-8

Philly will win 3 to go 11-5 and win the division

We will win 2 to grab a wilcard @ 9-7

......oh ....and fuck the Redskins ...who cares

I would not be at all surprised if the Cowboys beat San Diego this weekend in Dallas. And I'm fairly certain they will defeat the Redskins in D.C., even though the Skins are playing better of late. I think 2-2 at best for the Boys', and 1-3 at worst. 9-7 will not get it done, but 10-6 gets them in the playoffs. We could be looking at them missing the playoffs again and I think that would spell the end of the Wade Phillips era.

I would not be at all surprised if the Cowboys beat San Diego this weekend in Dallas. And I'm fairly certain they will defeat the Redskins in D.C., even though the Skins are playing better of late. I think 2-2 at best for the Boys', and 1-3 at worst. 9-7 will not get it done, but 10-6 gets them in the playoffs. We could be looking at them missing the playoffs again and I think that would spell the end of the Wade Phillips era.

yes ASJ

i agree ......i suppose they will probably win 1 more game....perhaps

but Wade is done if they end 9-7 and lose the tie breaker to the G men

yes ASJ

i agree ......i suppose they will probably win 1 more game....perhaps

but Wade is done if they end 9-7 and lose the tie breaker to the G men

I actually like us going 10-6. I know it's a little ridiculous in the NFL to say for certain what is going to happen.... but I believe we are going to beat Washington and Carolina.... and as long as Minnesota has nothing to play for Week 17, I think they will be resting some guys, particularly Farve, probably AP, and some of their big defensive players like the Williamses and Jared Allen. If they do that, I like us to win that game. That's why this game against Philly will be so HUGE if we win... because we can potentially win the division and have a home game.