SportsWrath

NY Post Openly calls for Sheridan to be replaced Now

JackStroud

here is an idea If i was an owner of a drinking establishment I would have it divided with a smoking section that was well ventilated. or start another bar that was "smoke free"

anyway can we get this train out of the ditch?

in regards to not allowing smoking in bars....

I am an avowed anti-smoker. Both parents smoked a couple of packs a day at least.

I absolutely loathed that cigarette smoke smell. Kept allergies all my childhood.

I believe all public places should be tobacco-banned. Included also are stadiums, even outdoor ones.

With that said, I believe bars should be able to cater to smokers if they so desire. Bars are not public places.

If you dont like smoke, then pick a no-smoking bar.

But, I believe restaraunts are a different matter. No tobacco unless the smoking section is a completely different area that is walled off and has its own air conditioner and return air. Smelling tobacco while I am eating makes my food have no flavor. I only taste the tobacco and I am flooded with memories of car rides with the windows all rolled up and choking on the smoke from my chain-smoking parents. Oh, that, and the rose-milk perfume my Mom wore. I'm surprised I survived at all.

here is an idea If i was an owner of a drinking establishment I would have it divided with a smoking section that was well ventilated. or start another bar that was "smoke free"

yes, hire Joe Lee Dunn to come up and work his defensive magic at the pro level.

hire David Cutcliff as the offensive coordinator.

Yes,

Fire the Coordinators. Sit Eli, Give Carr some playing time. Get some of the rookies in there and get them some game time. We are going nowhere. Might as well get a good Draft pick and Draft a LB,S, or DT in the 1st round

I really do not think the team should tank the season... it is only week 12, that is a mentality that is ok for fans to have but not players. Sitting Eli really does not accomplish much, let him play with his young WRs no reason to have them work with David Carr who in all likelihood will be starting for a different team next season.

Fire the fuck out of the coordinators, replace them with interim guys already on the staff and tell TC it has been a great run, but he retires after the season is over. A new Head Coach (Bill Cowher) needs to come in with his selected assistants and they need to turn this team back into the power football team that has made it great across it's entire history. First thing, is NEVER line up in the Shotgun for a running play on 2nd and long... NEVER AGAIN!

I really do not think the team should tank the season... it is only week 12, that is a mentality that is ok for fans to have but not players. Sitting Eli really does not accomplish much, let him play with his young WRs no reason to have them work with David Carr who in all likelihood will be starting for a different team next season.

Fire the fuck out of the coordinators, replace them with interim guys already on the staff and tell TC it has been a great run, but he retires after the season is over. A new Head Coach (Bill Cowher) needs to come in with his selected assistants and they need to turn this team back into the power football team that has made it great across it's entire history. First thing, is NEVER line up in the Shotgun for a running play on 2nd and long... NEVER AGAIN!

Can't believe i am going to say this. But damn. I like your idea better

Eh, why should I wait for the owner to decide? it's not like they would say no smoking.. all they care about is the money. And quite frankly, I don't see why it's such a big inconvenience for you to get outside and smoke. You go to the bathroom to take a shit don't you?

Because if they allow smoking in their establishment they'd open themselves up to ruinous litigation when their long-term worker develops lung cancer.

It's really a 2 week season....if the Giants beat the Cowboys and Eagles, the scenario is a complete 180.

I don't think either coordinator should be fired right now....instead, they should be trying to save their jobs by getting this team into the playoffs.

And Coughlin needs to flex his head coaching chops by dictating in no uncertain terms what he expects in their gameplans.

And frankly, if I'm Jerry Reese, I'm thinking about the trade potential of some players (e.g., Osi) with an eye toward reloading in 2010.

Smoking Ban, Legislation for a minority of people who thew stink about Smoke in Bars and stuff. I used to spend a shit ton of time in bars every friday and saturday night. Spend Probably $200-300 a weekend at my local watering hole. Then the smoking ban went into affect. I then spent $20-$30 at my local beer distributer buying a case or two of beer and would just have some people over. Of course that didn't last long because it wasn't as much fun as just hanging out in a bar playing pool shooting darts.

Pretty much stopped going to bars all together and so did my friends. My local watering hole went out of business months after the smoking ban went in effect.

Suprised to hear this from you and Gorilla, everything quantifiable I've heard about smoking bans says all the customers come back (eventually).

Suprised to hear this from you and Gorilla, everything quantifiable I've heard about smoking bans says all the customers come back (eventually).

If you are ever in downtown Manhattan I can take you to several closed bars, and ones that used to be shoulder to shoulder that you can now readily get seats in.

It's really a 2 week season....if the Giants beat the Cowboys and Eagles, the scenario is a complete 180.

I don't think either coordinator should be fired right now....instead, they should be trying to save their jobs by getting this team into the playoffs.

And Coughlin needs to flex his head coaching chops by dictating in no uncertain terms what he expects in their gameplans.

And frankly, if I'm Jerry Reese, I'm thinking about the trade potential of some players (e.g., Osi) with an eye toward reloading in 2010.

I seriously doubt that will happen.... is it possible? I suppose... but after watching this team play so bad I have no confidence that those games will be anything short of blow-outs.

I seriously doubt that will happen.... is it possible? I suppose... but after watching this team play so bad I have no confidence that those games will be anything short of blow-outs.

I'm with you....when Kyle Orton, on a bad ankle, looks like John Elway.....that's some messed-up shit.

Still, I think Killdrive and Sherdon't deserve a chance to show what they are made of.

And if they get trampled by the Cowboys and the Eagles, then, I'm open to canning the coordinators and putting things in place that can be tested in a regular-season environment.

I think a coach that wins a Super Bowl gets a pass for a bad season or two....so Coughlin's job should be safe. But, I'd hope he's thinking about retirement.....I'd like to see a succession strategy like the situation with the Colts and Dungy.

in regards to not allowing smoking in bars....

I am an avowed anti-smoker. Both parents smoked a couple of packs a day at least.

I absolutely loathed that cigarette smoke smell. Kept allergies all my childhood.

I believe all public places should be tobacco-banned. Included also are stadiums, even outdoor ones.

With that said, I believe bars should be able to cater to smokers if they so desire. Bars are not public places.

If you dont like smoke, then pick a no-smoking bar.

But, I believe restaraunts are a different matter. No tobacco unless the smoking section is a completely different area that is walled off and has its own air conditioner and return air. Smelling tobacco while I am eating makes my food have no flavor. I only taste the tobacco and I am flooded with memories of car rides with the windows all rolled up and choking on the smoke from my chain-smoking parents. Oh, that, and the rose-milk perfume my Mom wore. I'm surprised I survived at all.

I have too many relatives dead and buried before their time because of demon tobacco.....including the so-called naturalistic Native American part. I agree with the bar angle...but anywhere else they should be in a sealed environment of their own with negative air pressure locks so that the atmosphere vents in ...not out. :laugh:

Tell that to all the bars that have closed up downtown since the smoking ban came into place... Inconsiderate? The bartender used to sell me the fucking cigar.

Maybe you should have looked around for non-smoking places, I knew several in Soho... normally they were restaurants with small bars in the front. Same goes for NJ, there were tons of places here that had either no smoking or no smoking before 10.

This comes down to the main difference between you and I. I believe in personal freedom and you think that you should tell everyone how to live.

This is not the difference between you and I... MY PERSONAL FREEDOM is violated the moment I smell the stink of your cigar. I couldn't give two shits if a: Smoking poses a health risk and B: Cigar/cig smoke didn't trigger headaches/migraines.

And like I said, you go to the bathroom to use the bathroom, why not the same for smoking?

Sure, let's continue to suck the rest of the season so we can get better draft picks. Then Fire BOTH coordinators, cut all the deadbeats and get people with fire who want to play.. who love the game. Oh, and Osi without Strahan is mediocre at best

This is not the difference between you and I... MY PERSONAL FREEDOM is violated the moment I smell the stink of your cigar. I couldn't give two shits if a: Smoking poses a health risk and B: Cigar/cig smoke didn't trigger headaches/migraines.

And like I said, you go to the bathroom to use the bathroom, why not the same for smoking?

If I am somewhere smoking a cigar and you do not like it, take the personal freedom to go elsewhere. Your freedom ends at the tip of my nose, you should not be telling me what to do or not to do. What if I am not the only person in the bar enjoying a smoke, does your freedom infringe on them also? No one is forcing you to go to the bar, are they? With how this is law is set up I am not FREE to smoke anywhere indoors, before you were FREE to avoid smoke any time you wanted.

What about the personal freedom of the business owner? The one place the "Blarney Stone" the owner always smoked cigars in his own bar, that he was running for 30 years since he took it over from his father. Now that bar is out of business. Why should the potential of your "freedom" to be infringed IF you walk into his business dictate how he runs it?

If I am somewhere smoking a cigar and you do not like it, take the personal freedom to go elsewhere. Your freedom ends at the tip of my nose,

:LMAO: wow, so my freedom ends at the tip of your nose and your freedom is limitless. So much for the personal freedom bullshit you were preaching earlier. No sir, take your stink outside.

:LMAO: wow, so my freedom ends at the tip of your nose and your freedom is limitless. So much for the personal freedom bullshit you were preaching earlier. No sir, take your stink outside.

No one said my freedom is limitless... I do not go to your house/job/train to have a cigar. I go to a bar with many other people who do the same thing. You are free to go elsewhere... you are just lucky that personal freedom is no longer something championed by the Democrats and we are stuck with them for now.

the way the laws are, you couldnt even open a smoking lounge. what if you wanted to open a cigar/tobacco store/smoking lounge?

you against that too nas just in case you decide you want to look at commemorative lighters or something?

No one said my freedom is limitless... I do not go to your house/job/train to have a cigar. I go to a bar with many other people who do the same thing. You are free to go elsewhere... you are just lucky that personal freedom is no longer something championed by the Democrats and we are stuck with them for now.

Look this is not a dem vs rep issue.. your smoke is invading my space. When you figure how you can smoke without me having to share your bad habit, go for it.. for now, take it outside.

Nas, the Solution is simple. Do not frequent a place where smoking takes place. Nobody is putitng a gun to your head and telling you must frequent establishments where smoking takes place.

This whole argument is born of spoiled americans that feel they should be able to go where ever they want. If an activity takes place at a location that they don't like but want to go to instead of not going they decide to make it so that activity can no longer happen so they can enjoy it but do so without regard to all the people who did frequent those places and enjoy that activity.

If you don't like smoking in bars.... DON'T GO TO A FUCKING BAR!!!!!!

that is your choice. If you don't want to work in a place that subjects you to 2nd hand smoke DON'T WORK IN A FUCKING BAR!!!!.

Jesus fucking christ this country has turned into a bunch of whining fucking maggots.

What makes it your space? Do you own it?

It's the air I breath... I don't want to smell your stink as I'm sure you wouldn't want to smell mine. Respect my space.. and I respect yours. No smoking means no smoking. Only you are responsible for your bad habits.. deal with it.