SportsWrath

NY Post Openly calls for Sheridan to be replaced Now

JackStroud

It's the air I breath... I don't want to smell your stink as I'm sure you wouldn't want to smell mine. Respect my space.. and I respect yours. No smoking means no smoking. Only you are responsible for your bad habits.. deal with it.

How are you respecting mine, when you kick me out?

How are you respecting mine, when you kick me out?

Because your bad habit is ruining my good time... much like you don't want me to be loud and obnoxious.. it's that kind of common courtesy... it's called being civil.. You disagree?

Because your bad habit is ruining my good time... much like you don't want me to be loud and obnoxious.. it's that kind of common courtesy... it's called being civil.. You disagree?

Yes, I disagree 110%. If you want to be loud and obnoxious knock yourself out. I really would never want to see obnoxiousness being outlawed in any way shape or form... then again I believe in Personal Freedom.

There are bars by my office that play nothing but rap/hip hop music and guess what I do not go to that bar. I like the bar that serves cheap drinks and let me smoke cigars with my friends. I also like the bar with the girls in bikini's and $2.00 any drink happy hour, will you make that illegal too?

You are free to have a good time wherever one exists for you. Are you going to outlaw country music bars because you do not like country music? Or death metal bars because you do not like death metal? What about open mic nights, some of those bands are fucking atrocious.

Nas you should just admit that you want to force your beliefs on everyone else, freedom be damned.

Yes, I disagree 110%. If you want to be loud and obnoxious knock yourself out. I really would never want to see obnoxiousness being outlawed in any way shape or form... then again I believe in Personal Freedom.

There are bars by my office that play nothing but rap/hip hop music and guess what I do not go to that bar. I like the bar that serves cheap drinks and let me smoke cigars with my friends. I also like the bar with the girls in bikini's and $2.00 any drink happy hour, will you make that illegal too?

You are free to have a good time wherever one exists for you. Are you going to outlaw country music bars because you do not like country music? Or death metal bars because you do not like death metal? What about open mic nights, some of those bands are fucking atrocious.

Nas you should just admit that you want to force your beliefs on everyone else, freedom be damned.

I don't force my beliefs onto anyone. Your freedom is harming my health and invading my space. Smoking is not just obnoxious but unhealthy and inconsiderate. Your bad habit is your problem.. it's yours only. Maybe that's why I never blast my music... i'm considerate. That's the difference...

I don't force my beliefs onto anyone. Your freedom is harming my health and invading my space. Smoking is not just obnoxious but unhealthy and inconsiderate. Your bad habit is your problem.. it's yours only. Maybe that's why I never blast my music... i'm considerate. That's the difference...

how is it your space? You do not own it any more then I do. There is actually someone who does own it and THEY want to allow smoking.

It's all the god damn public health initiatives...I grew up on the border of NY and PA and when I first turned 21 you could still smoke in bars in PA...it was awesome....there are some bars around me that will still just turn a blind eye to it but most are having to cut down on if not eliminate it, especially if they serve food and families are going to be in there (pubs, bar and grills, etc)...

I definitely agree though, if you don't want to come to a bar that allows smoking, find one that doesn't...smokers have had to do that their whole lives. They made my campus smoke free now...thing is, where I live is technically on-campus apartments...so I just smoke wherever I want anyway....

But it's all about the government wanting to cut health care costs, help employers save money, etc by trying to maximize the output and lifespan of us individuals...I say :jerkoff:

The problem is that second hand smoke is damaging to non-smokers. Obnoxiousness isn't. If they came up with a gas mask to directly send the smoke into a smoker's lungs, I don't think it would be an issue.. and you have to take the health of the employees at the bar/restaurant into account too. Inhaling smoke for 8+ hours five nights out of the week is bad for you.

A better analogy would be whether or not you like the fumes of the guy huffing glue on the barstool next to you.

I was a smoker when they put the smoking ban in, but I thought it was a good law. It's the "no smoking in public" laws that are idiotic... you're really trying to tell me that a non-smoker is going to be damaged by the guy smoking on the bench across the street?

The problem is that second hand smoke is damaging to non-smokers. Obnoxiousness isn't. If they came up with a gas mask to directly send the smoke into a smoker's lungs, I don't think it would be an issue.. and you have to take the health of the employees at the bar/restaurant into account too. Inhaling smoke for 8+ hours five nights out of the week is bad for you.

A better analogy would be whether or not you like the fumes of the guy huffing glue on the barstool next to you.

I was a smoker when they put the smoking ban in, but I thought it was a good law. It's the "no smoking in public" laws that are idiotic... you're really trying to tell me that a non-smoker is going to be damaged by the guy smoking on the bench across the street?

You've definitely got a point. There pretty much is no way to ever ventilate a bar or restaurant well enough to accommodate both.

And you're right, that's what pisses me off about smoking in public laws...and it'd be one thing if they at least put up designated smoking areas, I think most people would respect that, and put in butt catchers and there wouldn't be any butts lying around...

Sorry, But I still Disagree.

There is no law that sense you have to take a job in an environment that has smoking. The also boils down to free will. If I Choose to work in a bar that smoking was allowed in and I get sick because of it. I have no one else to blame but myself. It was my Choice.

The laws are all about removing our free choice. And we are letting them do it.

Sorry, But I still Disagree.

There is no law that sense you have to take a job in an environment that has smoking. The also boils down to free will. If I Choose to work in a bar that smoking was allowed in and I get sick because of it. I have no one else to blame but myself. It was my Choice.

The laws are all about removing our free choice. And we are letting them do it.

Bk, before the implimented the ban, I never heard of a bar or club that didn't allow smoking. That kept me out of those bars most of the time. It's a terrible habit and if they find away for that habit to harm only those who smoke so be it.. for now, people like me have to deal with that awful smell and the health risks. It really isn't that serious, take ur ciggerattes outside then come back in.. much like you go to the bathroom to use the bathroom.

Bk, before the implimented the ban, I never heard of a bar or club that didn't allow smoking. That kept me out of those bars most of the time. It's a terrible habit and if they find away for that habit to harm only those who smoke so be it.. for now, people like me have to deal with that awful smell and the health risks. It really isn't that serious, take ur ciggerattes outside then come back in.. much like you go to the bathroom to use the bathroom.

Then you didn't look hard enough, Because I had been in plenty of places that smoking wasn't allowed in before the ban. Didn't bother me.

Thank god For Florida. Where I can still walk into some bars a light up.

What about people who work in the Bus Depot's across the city, they breath in some shitty air..(much worse then what existed in a bar) should people have to push the buses in and out? It was part of the job, and many of those workers smoked too. Why make a law to protect the small number of bartenders/waitresses who do not smoke by infringing on everyone else?

I just do not see why there is no choice... if Bloomy were as smart as he thinks he is, he would have come up with a smoking license already. Just like a liquor licenses, bars could buy one install and maintain some sort of ventilation system that can be inspected at whatever interval the liquor licenses are inspected. Then the city is making some money, and places can pay for their freedom.