SportsWrath

NY Post Openly calls for Sheridan to be replaced Now

JackStroud

looks like jack posted it first.

I was just giving him a a little ribbing or though I thought . That's odd I did not see this post till about an hour after I did mine or I would of even said that . any way sorry Jack and thanks for pointing that out Blu.

i'd vote for you- i'm a registered member of the whiskey and cigar party.

Nice, first thing I would do is make it illegal for any state or city to outlaw smoking in bars. There was nothing better then getting out of work on Friday, going to happy hour with some friends, sparking up a nice stogie and ordering up a couple of rounds of beers and shots. Now we do not even go to the bar, just home.

Nice, first thing I would do is make it illegal for any state or city to outlaw smoking in bars. There was nothing better then getting out of work on Friday, going to happy hour with some friends, sparking up a nice stogie and ordering up a couple of rounds of beers and shots. Now we do not even go to the bar, just home.

I'd side with you on that vote and I don't smoke. But the day they took smoking out of bars, was the day they just became "places".

I'd side with you on that vote and I don't smoke. But the day they took smoking out of bars, was the day they just became "places".

Except it's not healthy.. and those of who don't smoke.. or worse like me.. who get terrible migraines just smelling that crap, I'd say smoking should be banned in all public places.

Except it's not healthy.. and those of who don't smoke.. or worse like me.. who get terrible migraines just smelling that crap, I'd say smoking should be banned in all public places.

Bars are not public places they are privately owned...The owner should decide if he wants to allow smoking or not. I agree with you on indoor public places like train stations, court rooms, police stations, the post office and the such, but not open air places like a park or on the street.

Bars are not public places they are privately owned...The owner should decide if he wants to allow smoking or not. I agree with you on indoor public places like train stations, court rooms, police stations, the post office and the such, but not open air places like a park or on the street.

Eh, why should I wait for the owner to decide? it's not like they would say no smoking.. all they care about is the money. And quite frankly, I don't see why it's such a big inconvenience for you to get outside and smoke. You go to the bathroom to take a shit don't you?

Eh, why should I wait for the owner to decide? it's not like they would say no smoking.. all they care about is the money. And quite frankly, I don't see why it's such a big inconvenience for you to get outside and smoke. You go to the bathroom to take a shit don't you?

A cigar takes about an hour and a half to smoke... that is a pretty long trip. Plus there were several non-smoking restaurants in and around the city before the ban. There are plenty of people who think like you and hate smoking, so people did and would continue to cater to you.

Think about it, if you are a bar owner you would hate sending people outside for a smoke. That is how many less drinks you would sell. How many people bounce on bar tabs when "stepping out for a smoke". how many people who are going out for a smoke decide to check out the bar down the street... or someone like me who lights up a hour and half long cigar that he is going to back with whiskey the entire time and now almost never goes to the bar.... bar owners are loosing money hand over fist.

A cigar takes about an hour and a half to smoke... that is a pretty long trip. Plus there were several non-smoking restaurants in and around the city before the ban. There are plenty of people who think like you and hate smoking, so people did and would continue to cater to you.

Think about it, if you are a bar owner you would hate sending people outside for a smoke. That is how many less drinks you would sell. How many people bounce on bar tabs when "stepping out for a smoke". how many people who are going out for a smoke decide to check out the bar down the street... or someone like me who lights up a hour and half long cigar that he is going to back with whiskey the entire time and now almost never goes to the bar.... bar owners are loosing money hand over fist.

And you want to subject others to one and a half hour of that stinky shit? talk about inconsiderate.

As far as the "several" non-smoking places, none that I know of.. and i'm talking about bars and clubs.. restaurants is even a bigger no brainer... it's really simple.. wanna some? stop outside.. just like using the bathroom.. go somwhere.

Yea i can understand the bar owner's plight.. but guess what, that bar owner just got himself a lot more customers.. those who don't care to smoke but do go to bars you know.

And you want to subject others to one and a half hour of that stinky shit? talk about inconsiderate.

As far as the "several" non-smoking places, none that I know of.. and i'm talking about bars and clubs.. restaurants is even a bigger no brainer... it's really simple.. wanna some? stop outside.. just like using the bathroom.. go somwhere.

Yea i can understand the bar owner's plight.. but guess what, that bar owner just got himself a lot more customers.. those who don't care to smoke but do go to bars you know.

Tell that to all the bars that have closed up downtown since the smoking ban came into place... Inconsiderate? The bartender used to sell me the fucking cigar.

Maybe you should have looked around for non-smoking places, I knew several in Soho... normally they were restaurants with small bars in the front. Same goes for NJ, there were tons of places here that had either no smoking or no smoking before 10.

This comes down to the main difference between you and I. I believe in personal freedom and you think that you should tell everyone how to live.

Smoking Ban, Legislation for a minority of people who thew stink about Smoke in Bars and stuff. I used to spend a shit ton of time in bars every friday and saturday night. Spend Probably $200-300 a weekend at my local watering hole. Then the smoking ban went into affect. I then spent $20-$30 at my local beer distributer buying a case or two of beer and would just have some people over. Of course that didn't last long because it wasn't as much fun as just hanging out in a bar playing pool shooting darts.

Pretty much stopped going to bars all together and so did my friends. My local watering hole went out of business months after the smoking ban went in effect.