SportsWrath

Fire gilbride

WolfA4

the whole time?

and save the sarcasm since you havent seen me call for gilbride to get fired.

you're right, I havent seen you call for Gilbrides head but I'll be sarcastic all the fuck I please and sure as fuck wont be told not to be.

you're right, I havent seen you call for Gilbrides head but I'll be sarcastic all the fuck I please and sure as fuck wont be told not to be.

are you all fired up?

im all for sarcasm... when its aimed correctly.

29 runs/ 33 passes- a balanced attack.- a 10 minute drive including 3 3rd down conversions- yeah, gilbride's the problem

<_<

I don't give a fuck about a balanced attack, if the team has to pass 150 times a game to win then so be it. The fact of the matter is, we had the chance to put the game away with a touchdown and his playcalling fucking failed.

This is what happens when your linebackers can't get to the QB on the blitz...next time around, maybe we should draft a linebacker with some attitude.

Danny Clark sounds like a fucking Buick dealership.

"I bought my LaCrosse at Danny Clarks, off Route 23 in Wayne!"

Carl Banks is saying that Boley seemed to have responsibility for Sproles on that long pass play that put them into business on that last drive. Boley fakes the blitz but does not ensure that he has a bead on his man...Sproles...thereby we see him pulling a Pierce and chasing the guy after the catch. We cannot cover the middle for shit this year...so blitz...at least you get beat playing aggressively.

Gilbride/ Sheridan, choose who you want to blame.

And then realize that this is Tom's fault. Head Coaches can overrule if they wish. Head Coaches who allow one of the worst kickers in the NFL to remain in a job without bringing in anyone else to compete or replace them. Tom built all that goodwill the last 2 years and he's losing it bit by bit.

I hear you Boo....Russ Salsberg on the 'FAN says that he would want TC as someone to guard his back in a fight or to be a buddy in fox hole because of his loyalty to his people. But Russ was also implying that now is the time to start reconsidering some of those loyalties of both players and coaches. I agree with you...Cheerleader has to get it in gear and remember this is a business and these are not his buddies from the nabe.

I hear you Boo....Russ Salsberg on the 'FAN says that he would want TC as someone to guard his back in a fight or to be a buddy in fox hole because of his loyalty to his people. But Russ was also implying that now is the time to start reconsidering some of those loyalties of both players and coaches. I agree with you...Cheerleader has to get it in gear and remember this is a business and these are not his buddies from the nabe.

Tom also pulled one of his old tricks today of letting the moment get the better of him, he was so mad on the first possession that we didn't get the 1st down, that in anger, he waived in the special teams and sure as shit look what happened.

20-14 with a minute left, all they gotta do is not give up the TD,

that's gotta fall on the defense. girlbride could've dialed up a

better game, but the gints should've pulled that out.

Sherridan over blitzed on that last drive and left the middle wide open. Both coordinators can be taken out back and shot for all I care.

29 runs/ 33 passes- a balanced attack.- a 10 minute drive including 3 3rd down conversions- yeah, gilbride's the problem

<_<

Not about being balanced, we had a shot to end the game from 1st and goal, Snee got the holding and they didn't try once to hit smith or whoever in the endzone, and Eli was on target. I'm normally all for running the ball and blitzing, but those 2 things killed us when the situation didn't call for it.

I don't give a fuck about a balanced attack, if the team has to pass 150 times a game to win then so be it. The fact of the matter is, we had the chance to put the game away with a touchdown and his playcalling fucking failed.

Exactly, you have to throw at least once on 1st and goal after that penalty, Eli was on target all day, everyone was catching everything.

The last drive obviously lost the game though, and thats on Sherridan for not going away from the blitz when they were picking it a part in the middle.

20-14 with a minute left, all they gotta do is not give up the TD,

that's gotta fall on the defense. girlbride could've dialed up a

better game, but the gints should've pulled that out.

It looked like the "Prevent D" of old. I swear Johnny Lynn is hiding up in the box somewhere.

Can't blame Gilbride for WR who aren't getting open: Eli is holding the ball searching. Eli seems to only be able to throw to open WR's (wide open) for the most part, though I did like his TD to Smith, that was in a tight spot...not his normal placement. At least he's realizing the shorter WR can take worm burners.

Also, we're blitzing on D and getting nobody coming free. Our pressure package is not getting much push. I see AP on the line and others getting stuffed up, always being picked up. We need more inventive blitz schemes that overload, kind of like the Rex Ryan is able to dial up.

Sheridan is a bozo and if he's not then he's not a good leader and if it's not that then Fred Robbins and co. are out of gas or something...

I still want to know what happened on the aborted FG. That play turned out to be the difference.

When a team loses by one point, the players often go back and look at all the little ways they could have gotten that point. Sunday, after the Giants’ 21-20 loss to the Chargers, there were three glaring points that were left on the field early.

Those points could have come on a 39-yard field goal by Lawrence Tynes on the game’s opening drive. But holder Jeff Feagles botched the snap and Tynes, who said Feagles “double-caught” the ball, decided not to attempt the kick as he came through.

“As he was bringing it around, I saw it drop out of his hands and then he caught it again,” Tynes said. “We’ll look at the film. It is frustrating when you lose by one point, but we had opportunities.”

Tynes then paused and said, “But that one hurts. That one stings a little bit.”

Feagles walked out of the locker room as Tynes was addressing reporters. The veteran punter did not address the media to give his side of the story.

Tynes said he was “a little quick” getting into his steps toward the ball on the play, but felt his timing was thrown off.

“I was there when I thought I should’ve been,” Tynes said, “and the ball wasn’t.”

Asked if he believes he would have kicked Feagles’ hands or the side of the ball, Tynes said, “Something. It just wasn’t right.”

Neither was his left knee after the play.

“I took a helmet on the knee. I was standing there and got hit five different ways,” Tynes said. “It’s fine, just a little sore.”

LB Danny Clark is a media-savvy, verbose player during interviews. When it comes to answering questions from the media, Clark is anything but brief.

But Sunday, when asked about what appeared to be an on-field disagreement with Antonio Pierce following a touchdown by San Diego in the third quarter, Clark’s verbal output had to be an all-time low.

“No, not at all,” Clark said when asked if there was a miscommunication. To a follow-up question about whether something had gone wrong with the coverage, Clark simply replied, “No.”

But that’s not the way it looked while Pierce was yelling at Clark on his way off the field after Chargers QB Philip Rivers hit wide-open TE Kris Wilson for a 2-yard touchdown. Clark then stared at Pierce on the sideline and the two had a brief meeting with defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan before Pierce walked off again.

“Not sure, not sure,” Clark said when asked if he was supposed to cover Wilson. “We haven’t gotten to the bottom of it yet.”

Pierce left the locker room without speaking to reporters.

Clark rotated with rookie LB Clint Sintim for much of Sunday’s game.

“Not surprised at all,” Clark said. “We do that in practice, so we did it in the game.”

LB Gerris Wilkinson left with a wrist injury, though he said X-rays revealed no broken bones. He was on his way to the hospital for further evaluation.

RT Kareem McKenzie, who has battled groin and knee issues this season, went down with an undisclosed injury on the final play of the third quarter but did not leave the game.

DE Justin Tuck said his “lower extremity” issue that knocked him out of the final drive is not serious and that he wanted to return to the game immediately but was overruled.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/11/early_botched_field_goal_attem.html

Can't blame Gilbride for WR who aren't getting open: Eli is holding the ball searching. Eli seems to only be able to throw to open WR's (wide open) for the most part, though I did like his TD to Smith, that was in a tight spot...not his normal placement. At least he's realizing the shorter WR can take worm burners.

Also, we're blitzing on D and getting nobody coming free. Our pressure package is not getting much push. I see AP on the line and others getting stuffed up, always being picked up. We need more inventive blitz schemes that overload, kind of like the Rex Ryan is able to dial up.

Sheridan is a bozo and if he's not then he's not a good leader and if it's not that then Fred Robbins and co. are out of gas or something...

the other guy who said it was on coughlin- i agree- especially the last drive. first of all, I think he should have gone for it on 4th and goal. even if we don't make it, they have a long field and you're putting trust in the defense (which had just come of a spectacular series) to make a play. 3 points did very little.

secondly, he should have called a timeout for the defense to catch it's breath. it was clear that SD had enough time so we could have used a timeout to get the proper matchups and give the guys a blow. wasted opportunity.

Not about being balanced, we had a shot to end the game from 1st and goal, Snee got the holding and they didn't try once to hit smith or whoever in the endzone, and Eli was on target. I'm normally all for running the ball and blitzing, but those 2 things killed us when the situation didn't call for it.

i know it's fashionable to blame gilbride ( although when money asks who else you want everyone clams up) but you're grasping at straws here.

i know it's fashionable to blame gilbride ( although when money asks who else you want everyone clams up) but you're grasping at straws here.

He's got a point with Gilbride. 1st and Goal from the 14 means you have to take at least one shot to the end zone through the air.

As far as blitzing in the wrong situations...it's not so much that as it is our players complete inability to execute the blitz...I didn't mind the defensive calls this week so much as a few of the offensive....

He's got a point with Gilbride. 1st and Goal from the 14 means you have to take at least one shot to the end zone through the air.

As far as blitzing in the wrong situations...it's not so much that as it is our players complete inability to execute the blitz...I didn't mind the defensive calls this week so much as a few of the offensive....

they got close with what they were running. plus they were taking time off the clock and forcing SD to use timeouts. i think a play action on 4th down would've made it. i had no problem with that series except the hold and the kick which was on cough.

they got close with what they were running. plus they were taking time off the clock and forcing SD to use timeouts. i think a play action on 4th down would've made it. i had no problem with that series except the hold and the kick which was on cough.

You're saying go for iton 4th?

I'm not a Johnny come lately on the Gillbride hate wagon, I've been vocal about his fuck ups since well before the super bowl, so fashionable or not, he sucks.

1st and goal from the 14 and we ran 3 times, in a game where our offense rose to every big 3rd down challenge it seemed. Just seems foolish to not take 1 shot.

Asa far as who i want to replace him, sorry if I don't know all the in's and out's of every teams coaching staff like Money, but some teams manage to keep finding capable coordinators, like New England. As far as I'm concerned, a monkey with a clipboard is an improvement over that dip shit.