SportsWrath

Fire gilbride

WolfA4

I'm not a Johnny come lately on the Gillbride hate wagon, I've been vocal about his fuck ups since well before the super bowl, so fashionable or not, he sucks.

1st and goal from the 14 and we ran 3 times, in a game where our offense rose to every big 3rd down challenge it seemed. Just seems foolish to not take 1 shot.

Asa far as who i want to replace him, sorry if I don't know all the in's and out's of every teams coaching staff like Money, but some teams manage to keep finding capable coordinators, like New England. As far as I'm concerned, a monkey with a clipboard is an improvement over that dip shit.

Fuck, let's get Money a headset. :rolleyes:

I'm not a Johnny come lately on the Gillbride hate wagon, I've been vocal about his fuck ups since well before the super bowl, so fashionable or not, he sucks.

1st and goal from the 14 and we ran 3 times, in a game where our offense rose to every big 3rd down challenge it seemed. Just seems foolish to not take 1 shot.

Asa far as who i want to replace him, sorry if I don't know all the in's and out's of every teams coaching staff like Money, but some teams manage to keep finding capable coordinators, like New England. As far as I'm concerned, a monkey with a clipboard is an improvement over that dip shit.

not questioning your consistency just your target in this case.

Here's what I would have liked to see from Gilbride - a little boldness on 1st down.

In my opinion, the time to take a shot at the endzone is on 1st down...the joint is jumping, the Chargers are reeling, and you've got to think the first thing the defense is thinking is Jacobs up the middle. Quite simply, the Chargers would have been FORCED to bite on a play action in that scenario.

Fake it to Jacobs, roll Eli out on a QB scramble (which gives him the option to run it in himself if receivers are covered), and look for Boss, who has likely been turned loose by the defenders that scrambled to jump the middle.

This is a play Eli hits often....same play (with Tyree, not Boss) that they used against the Pats in the SB.

And with respect to the offense.....can't they practice some quicker plays? You'd think they could script that sort of scenario. As soon as the smoke cleared on that interception, The offense should have raced to get a play off before the Chargers had a chance to settle in

That's why Gilbride's plodding attack drives me crazy....week after week, it's non-stop jibber-jabber at the line, giving the defense the chance to jump in and out of looks. I say, get your guys to the line of scrimmage, and run the damn play....our offense has the firepower to dictate tempo.