SportsWrath

Tempted...

so-cal dub

I think he deserved prison time, but I think 2 years is a bit much. A year would've been sufficient, along with community service and strict probation.

You are not supposed to be sent to prison for what might've happened, but what did happen. Still, I see the Dog's point, somebody could've been killed. Still, he is not a hardened criminal. A year would've sufficed.

Yeah you are, for example; attempted murder without actually killing someone.

Yeah you are, for example; attempted murder without actually killing someone.

In that case, you are still prosecuted for what DID happen. You tried to kill to someone.... thus the charge ATTEMPTED murder. The act of trying to murder someone, even if unsuccessful, is still illegal.

In that case, you are still prosecuted for what DID happen. You tried to kill to someone.... thus the charge ATTEMPTED murder. The act of trying to murder someone, even if unsuccessful, is still illegal.

Yeah, I agree with you, Jim. If you could get arrested for what might happen, anyone with a kitchen drawer full of knives and a wife could go to jail for 'what might happen'.

The argument most will make is that Plax had a gun, and it could have gone off and killed someone. I'd be interested to know how those people would feel if the gun was registered. Would that have made an accidental shooting any less of a crime? Anyone with a kitchen, tool shed, or a medicine chest has the same chances of accidentally harming someone, but I've yet to see anyone tossed in jail because they might have offed their significant other with a Cuisinart.

Yeah, I agree with you, Jim. If you could get arrested for what might happen, anyone with a kitchen drawer full of knives and a wife could go to jail for 'what might happen'.

The argument most will make is that Plax had a gun, and it could have gone off and killed someone. I'd be interested to know how those people would feel if the gun was registered. Would that have made an accidental shooting any less of a crime? Anyone with a kitchen, tool shed, or a medicine chest has the same chances of accidentally harming someone, but I've yet to see anyone tossed in jail because they might have offed their significant other with a Cuisinart.

I am not sure what the NYC Laws are in regards to discharging a firearm in public... but if he had a permit to carry the gun in NYC he more then likely would have been playing in the game yesterday.

I am not sure what the NYC Laws are in regards to discharging a firearm in public... but if he had a permit to carry the gun in NYC he more then likely would have been playing in the game yesterday.

Isn't it still illegal to bring guns into bars? Granted he wouldn't have gotten 2 years but I think discharging the firearm would have gotten him something either way and I think the Giants would have ended his contract. He was becoming a real problem up to that point and was on really thin ice.

It was registered, just not in NYC. I think it was in Florida, which has a reciprocal agreement with NJ.

It was registered, just not in NYC. I think it was in Florida, which has a reciprocal agreement with NJ.

Even if the gun was registered, he did not have a carriers permit. Each state/municipality has it's own rules for that. Anybody can get one in PA, but almost no one gets one for NYC.

nah that florida registration had expired.

burress probably didnt know that, but it had expired.

and even if it hadnt, it doesnt carry over into ny.

thats my a friend of mine has his pistol permit in ny, and decided to get it in pa too, because pa has the agreement you speak of with alot of other states.

absolutely not...the dog is pretty sure you have said you drove under the influence in the past...was your intent that night to harm someone? hope not. regardless, carry a gun illegally, be able to manage it...that makes him irresponsible, stupid, and lucky he didn't kill someone...two years works just fine.

Naw, I've never said that....

I think he deserved prison time, but I think 2 years is a bit much. A year would've been sufficient, along with community service and strict probation.

You are not supposed to be sent to prison for what might've happened, but what did happen. Still, I see the Dog's point, somebody could've been killed. Still, he is not a hardened criminal. A year would've sufficed.

i am in agreement with you Jim. if he would have killed someone than a totally different situation.