SportsWrath

Tempted...

so-cal dub

the dog knows this is a tired debate, but the man is a bonehead that was fortunate the gun fell at the angle it did and didn't kill anyone...2 years is just about right for these fools anymore...

Nevertheless people don't lose 2 years of their lives for being boneheads. 2 years is an overkill anyway you slice it.

Nevertheless people don't lose 2 years of their lives for being boneheads. 2 years is an overkill anyway you slice it.

and the dog wonders, if your chile was standing next to him at the club, and came a few inches from being shot, albeit accidentally, by this fool, would you still think two years was too much? would you argue that a year's long suspension of a driver's license for drunk driving when no accident or injury occurs is too much?

anyway, the dog doesn't understand why people want to defend these fools anymore. they continue to live above the law (look at Burress' track record and repuation going all the way back - nothing too life threatening per say, but consistent issues), and everyone rushes to their defense when they finally get caught...two years was appropriate...

I think he deserved prison time, but I think 2 years is a bit much. A year would've been sufficient, along with community service and strict probation.

You are not supposed to be sent to prison for what might've happened, but what did happen. Still, I see the Dog's point, somebody could've been killed. Still, he is not a hardened criminal. A year would've sufficed.

and the dog wonders, if your chile was standing next to him at the club, and came a few inches from being shot, albeit accidentally, by this fool, would you still think two years was too much? would you argue that a year's long suspension of a driver's license for drunk driving when no accident or injury occurs is too much?

anyway, the dog doesn't understand why people want to defend these fools anymore. they continue to live above the law (look at Burress' track record and repuation going all the way back - nothing too life threatening per say, but consistent issues), and everyone rushes to their defense when they finally get caught...two years was appropriate...

I agree that might have been more devistating but luckily that did not happen.

As far people defending fools it's because I know the difference between a mere "fool" and a criminal. Plax made a mistake.. that's it.

there was a 2 year minimum sentence, right?

It is actually 3.5 years if they hit him with possession of a firearm in NYC.... they rung him up for attempted possession, which I cannot figure out how you attempt to possess something and break a law by doing so... But it is one of Bloomberg's anti-gun measures.... Im surprised you are not a fan of this sort of thing Nas.. it is one of the things that scores Bloomie points with the left.

I think it is regoddamdiculous, but it is the law

It is actually 3.5 years if they hit him with possession of a firearm in NYC.... they rung him up for attempted possession, which I cannot figure out how you attempt to possess something and break a law by doing so... But it is one of Bloomberg's anti-gun measures.... Im surprised you are not a fan of this sort of thing Nas.. it is one of the things that scores Bloomie points with the left.

I think it is regoddamdiculous, but it is the law

I understand the need for gun laws in places like NYC but they're bullshit.. only cops and retired ones get to carry them.. I'm pretty moderate.. more on the conservative side when it comes to guns and abortion.

I agree that might have been more devistating but luckily that did not happen.

As far people defending fools it's because I know the difference between a mere "fool" and a criminal. Plax made a mistake.. that's it.

it seems to the dog that he has quite a long standing history of making mistakes...maybe minor, but still, he has a rack record. to paint him as the troubled young lad that made a simple mistake, well, the dog has to disagree...donte stallworth has a clean history...he made a "mistake" as well. so the dog guesses his punishment was sufficient? yes, it cost a life, but that was just his bad luck, as oppossed to burress' good fortune that his mistake (neither one of them had intent to harm) didn't cost a life...

sorry, the dog apologizes, but the dog is just sick of people defending these people...he got what he deserved...

He got railroaded because of his celebrity. As was already posted, you can't punish someone for what might have happened. He was a fool for carrying an unregistered gun, and fortunately the only one hurt was himself. My understanding is the offence is for carrying the unregistered gun. Fine, he should get some time, he broke the law. I'm just curious as to whether the next punk kid who gets caught with a gun gets the same sentence. Or the victim of a house robbery who didn't have to use it, but had one in the house for protection. I'm sure there are many cases both before and after Plax, of people getting caught with unregistered guns who get charged with the crime, but never see a minute of prison time. If they did, the prison system would be very overloaded.

as the poet beretta said: "don't do the crime if you can't do the time"

I agree, but how many do the crime, get caught, and do no time? That is not to say what he did was right, but minor crimes get dealt away all the time. Especially over something, (and I am trivializing here), that amounts to a serious traffic violation. He was supposed to register the gun, no question. He wasn't using it in a robbery or pointing at someone threating to kill them. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't hurt anyone but himself. Could he have? Yes. But he didn't. He is being punished for failure to register the gun, and 2 years is a bit much in my opinion.

I agree, but how many do the crime, get caught, and do no time? That is not to say what he did was right, but minor crimes get dealt away all the time. Especially over something, (and I am trivializing here), that amounts to a serious traffic violation. He was supposed to register the gun, no question. He wasn't using it in a robbery or pointing at someone threating to kill them. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't hurt anyone but himself. Could he have? Yes. But he didn't. He is being punished for failure to register the gun, and 2 years is a bit much in my opinion.

as gorilla already said, if he had copped a plea, he would've gotten 6 months, 4 with good behavior. he chose to go almost to trial and still got the low end sentence.

I guess this means we're not as "radical" as you think we are... we're as humble and reasonable as you are.

Has nothing to do with being radical. Gun control supporters want stricter gun laws and restrictions on what guns a person can have. Gun owners want the laws already in place enforced. Plax committed a crime and was punished. I also think he was singled out because of his celebrity, and I think his sentence is excessive, but you can't say you want to be tougher on gun laws, only to then complain when someone you like is sent to jail for breaking them.

I guess this means we're not as "radical" as you think we are... we're as humble and reasonable as you are.

wait earlier you said you were more on the conservative side when it comes to guns, and now youre using the word "we're" and putting yourself in the gun control crowd

im confused

Has nothing to do with being radical. Gun control supporters want stricter gun laws and restrictions on what guns a person can have. Gun owners want the laws already in place enforced. Plax committed a crime and was punished. I also think he was singled out because of his celebrity, and I think his sentence is excessive, but you can't say you want to be tougher on gun laws, only to then complain when someone you like is sent to jail for breaking them.

Makes sense..

it seems to the dog that he has quite a long standing history of making mistakes...maybe minor, but still, he has a rack record. to paint him as the troubled young lad that made a simple mistake, well, the dog has to disagree...donte stallworth has a clean history...he made a "mistake" as well. so the dog guesses his punishment was sufficient? yes, it cost a life, but that was just his bad luck, as oppossed to burress' good fortune that his mistake (neither one of them had intent to harm) didn't cost a life...

sorry, the dog apologizes, but the dog is just sick of people defending these people...he got what he deserved...

Anytime your shit housed and get behind the wheel of a car, you have intent to do harm.

Burress had intent to defend himself.

Anytime your shit housed and get behind the wheel of a car, you have intent to do harm.

i disagree, you have the intent to drive home.

its stupid, but you dont INTEND to harm people.

absolutely not...the dog is pretty sure you have said you drove under the influence in the past...was your intent that night to harm someone? hope not. regardless, carry a gun illegally, be able to manage it...that makes him irresponsible, stupid, and lucky he didn't kill someone...two years works just fine.