SportsWrath

Redskins sign Woodson

hlb37

Interesting move. I guess they think they will get some insights into what the Giants are trying to do offensively this year.

Of course Woodson did no appear to either know or understand what the Giants where trying to do offensively which, along with bad mechanics, lead to him being cut so.......

They'll probably try to milk him for some offensive terminology Eli might use at the line of scrimmage. Hopefully, the offense will mix it up a bit this week.

you probably nailed it- i see no other reason since he has a windup like luis tiant

They released Chase Daniel which was surprising apparently they were alot happier with Daniels then Colt Brennan so they had a use for a third QB,don't think they are trying to get info about the Giants out of Woodson if anything they could use Woodson has a Vick decoy when they play the Eagles .

They released Chase Daniel which was surprising apparently they were alot happier with Daniels then Colt Brennan so they had a use for a third QB,don't think they are trying to get info about the Giants out of Woodson if anything they could use Woodson has a Vick decoy when they play the Eagles .

woodsons not really a scrambler, nor is he quick.

They'll probably try to milk him for some offensive terminology Eli might use at the line of scrimmage. Hopefully, the offense will mix it up a bit this week.

NY Giants coach Tom Coughlin knows why quarterback Andre' Woodson is a Washington Redskin: trade secrets

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-LedgerMonday September 07, 2009, 11:53 AM

Chris Faytok/The Star-LedgerFormer Giants QB Andre Woodson is now with the Redskins -- the Giants' Week 1 opponent.The question to Tom Coughlin Monday was about whether he was worried former Giants quarterback Andre' Woodson, who signed with the Redskins as a member of their practice squad, would reveal any key information about his old team.

"You mean, 'Why is he in Washington right now?' " the coach saidwith a laugh. "It's pretty obvious why he's in Washington. There's noquestion that's what's going on. We'll see what transpires. It worksboth ways a little bit."

The Giants don't seem to do a whole lot of that -at least not during the Coughlin era. They've certainly signed someplayers who have been with division rivals, but they don't really bringfreshly-cut guys in the week before they play their former teams.

"I've been a part of it. I've seen it done," Coughlin said with awry smile. "The guy doesn't get in the door two seconds and he's in aclassroom getting grilled. But not of late (has he done it)."

As for whether the Giants will have to change all of their audibles and such, Coughlin said, "I'm sure we'll change some."

Coughlin joked everything he and the other coaches taught Woodson was a decoy.

"It was all out there so that Andre' would take it with him," he said.

S Kenny Phillips (knee) said he's fine and that hewould have played in the preseason games he sat out if they wereregular-season games. He appears to be a full go for Sunday.

Coughlin said LB Antonio Pierce, who was excused for personal reasons, will be back on Wednesday.

DT Chris Canty "seems to be doing well, is doingbetter," Coughlin said. Asked if he'll play on Sunday, Coughlin said,"We'll see how he does." Canty, who participated in team drills for thefirst time since early in training camp, told reporters, "So far sogood. It's just going to be one of those things where we're going tohave to see what happens on Wednesday. We're going to throw on somepads and bang around a little bit more and see how it feels, andhopefully it will respond positively."

CB Aaron Ross ran on the side a bit but did not practice. Coughlin said the team is "optimistic" he'll be ready.

DT Barry Cofield left practice with a knee injury but returned after the media portion of the session was over. He appears to be fine.

It doesnt matter what he says to the Redskins, we're still going to win. Their not going to be able to stop B-Jac and Nicks is going to put up two TDs on them (hey I can be allowed to be a homer sometimes)

Homer is right :D

I've been so anxious for this weekend to come to I can see the G-men in a regular season game, I've been watching highlights of Nicks on youtube. I really hope he pans out for us and makes the Redskins/Eagles/Cowboys look silly when we play the,.

I'm trying to do the opposite. If I really start thinking about the season, I'd be too anxious... still trying to block it out as though it's August still.

My response to this is.. who gives a shit. Last I checked our team runs over people anyway...

The only problem is that he can give them the audible and line adjustment keys that Eli uses pre snap. Eli makes a lot of reads at the line and has to relay the info to the rest of the team somehow. It just throws in another complication of changing terminology before the game.

The only problem is that he can give them the audible and line adjustment keys that Eli uses pre snap. Eli makes a lot of reads at the line and has to relay the info to the rest of the team somehow. It just throws in another complication of changing terminology before the game.

I understand that and like Tom Coughlin says "it works both ways"... so even if they "know" what the the pre-snap is, we may just mean something different by it... at the end of the day games are won in the trenches. Wasn't it Bill Parcells who said "teams knew what plays we were running, they just couldn't stop us anyway"?

I'm sure they can change those up easily. It's pro sports; they're ready for a bush-league move like this.

Coach had an interesting comment about this in today's Post. he basically said these kinds of things can go both ways.

Chase Danials would be a good one on the Practice squad to play Vick.....:)

C. Wagon

I took this to mean they could use the same language for audibles and line assignments but change the underlying meaning.

While Woodson might be able to give up terminology, anyone who watched him knows he can't actually perform or explain the reads.

I took this to mean they could use the same language for audibles and line assignments but change the underlying meaning.

While Woodson might be able to give up terminology, anyone who watched him knows he can't actually perform or explain the reads.

This one means hessitate then throw it away...this one means take a sack...this one means underthrow the receiver by 5 yards...