SportsWrath

Defense looked totally confused

Ditto

Was it the new coordinator or lack of Pierce, like last year?

Seriously, Blackburn may have a nose for the ball, but he doesn't read the offense near as well as Pierce.

I'm afraid none of us can tell what the problem is, Ditto. We just looked out of sync.. period.

Seriously, Blackburn may have a nose for the ball, but he doesn't read the offense near as well as Pierce.

I think it's also kind of disturbing we have no offensive line depth...what the heck has been happening to all these guys we've been drafting to the OL....Koets, Whimper, Boothe, etc....they're all terrible.

And damn, Woodson looks good running away from pressure, and he only got about a half second to see the field every time, but the dude has to be one of the most inaccurate quarterbacks I've ever seen. We don't even get a chance to see what receivers like Nicks (albeit, there was the one play), Barden (threw one at his toes), and Beckum (had him wide open over the middle in the 4th for a TD and threw it 20 feet behind him) can do because no one can get them the ball.

Which brings me to my next question. Why in the hell are they not getting at least second quarter reps, or even 4-5 WR set reps with Eli Manning and the first team? I mean cmon, Coughlin himself said he wanted to use this week to show what the WRs can do to make it a little more evident who we're gonna go with but no one's getting a chance out there.

I think gettin whooped was a good thing. It puts stuff into perspective and will allow us to work harder. The whole defense looked like shit. So many blown coverages, it was unreal.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes a good whoopin is exactly what a team needs that thinks it can breeze through the regular season into the playoffs. Every single team out there (even the Lions) have professional athletes in every position and have the ability to beat any team on any given day. The Giants are stacked (IMHO), but they needed to lose the chip and realize they must give it 100% on EVERY SINGLE PLAY if they want to get to the playoffs.

I hope that our defensive lapses and overall confusion has nothing to do with Spags taking the money and running.

You guys reading too much into a preseason game?

Better? :P

I did not watch the game, but could it possibly be that the defense with Goff looking better might've been because Forte and Cutler were no longer in the game? Could it also be that the defense with Chase that went against the Bears' first team was missing about half of the defensive starters?

You really can't make many conclusions about a preseason game.

I did not watch the game, but could it possibly be that the defense with Goff looking better might've been because Forte and Cutler were no longer in the game? Could it also be that the defense with Chase that went against the Bears' first team was missing about half of the defensive starters?

it could be,

but its not really a crazy insane idea that maybe possibly goff was making better reads

If he has a nose for the ball then he can read a defense fine because he clearly knows where to go.

There's that. But there's also looking into the fact that if we lose just about any of our starters on the offensive line, or defensive backfield, we look to be screwed. Our depth is lacking at both of those positions.

In an unrelated note, Michael Johnson made numerous stupid mistakes and looked lost.

There's that. But there's also looking into the fact that if we lose just about any of our starters on the offensive line, or defensive backfield, we look to be screwed. Our depth is lacking at both of those positions.

In an unrelated note, Michael Johnson made numerous stupid mistakes and looked lost.

ive been saying that johnson is ok at best.

ive been saying that johnson is ok at best.

I agree man, I've also thought that for a while. A serviceable backup that can come in to start if needed, but certainly not a starter.

This game reminded me of the Cleveland game from last season.

In summary, Chicago played well, and we played like shit.

Heading into the game, there was a lot of pressure on the Bears to put in a good effort. The Chicago media was already starting in on Cutler, believe it or not. So, there was a big motivation for Cutler and the offense to put on a good show for the home crowd.

Before the game, Lovie Smith challenged his team. He told them that the Giants represented the best test of how good of a team the Bears might be. Give Lovie credit for making something out of a meaningless game.

On the flip side, the Giants played like they had a load of shit in their pants. They pretty much phoned it in.

Still, no sugarcoating it.....the Giants 1st-string got their asses handed to them.

Hopefully, we can get through the Torn-ACL Bowl (aka "Jets/Giants Preseason Game #3) and get focused on the regular season.