SportsWrath

Giants WR Situation

BIGBLUE01

http://www.bigblueview.com/2009/5/23/88415...s-wrs?ref=yahoo

In our continuing look at the position battles that will take place for the Giants in training camp, today we will take a look at the Wide Receivers:

Currently on the roster:

Ramses Barden, Taye Biddle, Shaun Bodiford, Derek Hagan, Domenik Hixon, Mario Manningham, Sinorice Moss, Hakeem Nicks, Micah Rucker, Steve Smith, David Tyree.

Quick Breakdown:

Ramses Barden: 3rd round pick, the Giants are looking at him to replace the "Lone Gunman" as Eli's big target. Can he avoid the dreaded "Giants 3rd round WR curse" is the big question.

Taye Biddle: Spent last season on the Giants practice squad, and that's the only way he collects a paycheck from the Giants this year as well. Also recovering from a shooting injury, not self-inflicted.

Shaun Bodiford: will be lucky to survive the first cuts. Not trying to be harsh, but the Giants are simply too deep at this position.

Derek Hagan: signed last year for depth after being cut by the Miami Dolphins. He is a former 3rd round pick of the Dolphins, with hands bad enough to play for the Mets.

Domenik Hixon: Coming into just his 4th season in the league, has excelled as a returner, and shown flashes when pressed into action on offense. I expect big things from Hixon this year.

Mario Manningham: I think Manningham needs to have a strong camp to make the team, after getting hurt early in training camp last year, falling behind, and contributing nothing all season long, unless you count that 78-yard loss on an end around against Philly.

Sinorice Moss: Speaking of guys who need to have a strong camp, this applies to no one more than Sinorice Moss. We've rarely seen him healthy, and when he has been healthy he hasn't produced much. I think the hourglass is out of sand here, time's up, Sinorice.

Hakeem Nicks: Looks like the Giants first round pick in 2009 will be given every opportunity to win the starting WR position.

Micah Rucker: The undrafted free agent from Eastern Illinois spent time on the Giants practice squad last season. A lot of people seem to see Rucker as a sleeper, his size and speed make him an attractive possibility. Could be a surprise on the roster in September.

Steve Smith: Rising star, and right now is Eli's most reliable target.

David Tyree: The Giants were able to delay an inevitable tough decision last season by placing Tyree on the IR after knee surgery. Unfortunately, I think Tyree and the Giants will part ways before the season starts. I think he has always been underrated as a WR, his Super Bowl heroics notwithstanding. He'll catch on somewhere.

I'm not going to project out the depth chart, too many variables with the WRs this season, so I will just give you who I expect to see on the roster:

Projected WRs on the roster:

Smith, Hixon, Nicks, Barden, Manningham, Rucker

Practice Squad:

Taye Biddle

This is from a site called Big Blue View, and it was co started by one of our old friends (esp. boohyah :P ) Jim Nasium. A pretty good and detailed account of whats happenin right now, but I was a little surprised by his prediction of our WR corps come season opener. I do like this Rucker kid, and think his potential is incredible.

Taye Biddle: Spent last season on the Giants practice squad, and that's the only way he collects a paycheck from the Giants this year as well. Also recovering from a shooting injury, not self-inflicted.

:LMAO:

I think Tyree gets the edge over Rucker. Tyree is still a special teams standout.

I really hope so. It pains me to see one of our SB heroes go away, and I dont want another, who also has been a key ingredient in the building of that team to go as well. Rucker intrigues me a bit, with his size and speed, but I too would rather have Tyree.

I got a good chuckle from that too. :P

Did you see where they talked about Derek Hagan? If the guy has hands of stone, why the fuck did we pick him up? :confused:

Overall this wasn't a solid article. Some dude was bored and wanted to write about the Giants WR without leaving his basement.

Overall this wasn't a solid article. Some dude was bored and wanted to write about the Giants WR without leaving his basement.

No, not his basement......his living room. Its JimNasium, remember him from giants.com MB?

No, not his basement......his living room. Its JimNasium, remember him from giants.com MB?

Jim "I'm-retiring-after-10,000-posts-but-logging-in-annonymously-to-see-what-people-say-about-me" Nasium? That Jim?

Well I'll be darned, good for him. I actually signed up for that site and typed in the wrong email address. Bonxrk is going to wonder why he has to verify his account.

Jim "I'm-retiring-after-10,000-posts-but-logging-in-annonymously-to-see-what-people-say-about-me" Nasium? That Jim?

Well I'll be darned, good for him. I actually signed up for that site and typed in the wrong email address. Bonxrk is going to wonder why he has to verify his account.

LOL....yeah, that Jim.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2009/5/23/88415...s-wrs?ref=yahoo

This is from a site called Big Blue View, and it was co started by one of our old friends (esp. boohyah :P ) Jim Nasium. A pretty good and detailed account of whats happenin right now, but I was a little surprised by his prediction of our WR corps come season opener. I do like this Rucker kid, and think his potential is incredible.

Regardless of what I thought of Jim's departure, I never questioned his Giants support. I know and seen up close how big a fan he is. It's pretty admirable.

That said, this article is mainly drivel to be honest. Mario Manningham needs a strong camp to make the team?. C'mon, he actually just needs a camp if you think about it. And Micah Rucker over Tyree?. Seriously, don't you think someone would have jumped all over this "gem" by now?.

Regardless of what I thought of Jim's departure, I never questioned his Giants support. I know and seen up close how big a fan he is. It's pretty admirable.

That said, this article is mainly drivel to be honest. Mario Manningham needs a strong camp to make the team?. C'mon, he actually just needs a camp if you think about it. And Micah Rucker over Tyree?. Seriously, don't you think someone would have jumped all over this "gem" by now?.

I think he's saying Rucker because, isn't Tyree's departure inevitable at this point?

I thought Tyree was a great asset on special teams, no?

Well I believe he is.....but all I hear is that Tyree will most likely not be on the roster come the beginning of this season. I dont understand it, I would think he's a keeper.

Derek Hagan: signed last year for depth after being cut by the Miami Dolphins. He is a former 3rd round pick of the Dolphins, with hands bad enough to play for the Mets.

brutal. why don't you tell us how you really feel about him

Well I believe he is.....but all I hear is that Tyree will most likely not be on the roster come the beginning of this season. I dont understand it, I would think he's a keeper.

I think whoever is saying that is talking out of his ass.

I hope Tyree doesn't become another Joe Jurevicious...