SportsWrath

Eagles are the SB

NeMesiS

http://www.philly.com

Asante predicts Super Bowl victory

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel and defensive end Trent Cole have joined the Twitter revolution in the last week and Asante, in particular, seems to be enjoying the interaction, especially for a guy who rarely talks to the media other than after games. (This is a post about athletes and Twitter and we won't even go on about Drew Rosenhaus.)

Samuel has jumped right in,with his prediction for the Eagles: "this is about to be a superbowl winning season fareal."

"Defence wins championships," declare several other posts

In other predictions, Samuel says Jeremy Maclin will be one of the top five rookies in the league.

As a coach I would immediately eat alive anyone who put that in words. Because they rarely back it up with actions. One thing to say "I have the confidence that this team can go all the way...blah...blah...blah"; as talk is cheap. However it takes on a whole different connotation when presented in written form as it comes off as boasting. That is why they play the games and we shall see......better than hearing about the Broke Backs winning their 50th S.B.

At one point D4P was as welcome a member as DFNG, but maybe he doesn't try as hard as he did on GMB, because he has lost some of his comedy gold. He's still worth a laugh or two now and then though.

I agree, guy really brings nothing to the table now, just lame insults.

As a coach I would immediately eat alive anyone who put that in words. Because they rarely back it up with actions. One thing to say "I have the confidence that this team can go all the way...blah...blah...blah"; as talk is cheap. However it takes on a whole different connotation when presented in written form as it comes off as boasting. That is why they play the games and we shall see......better than hearing about the Broke Backs winning their 50th S.B.

Saying your going to win the SB is no big deal. It's when you declare your guaranteeing a win over a rival that it's a bad idea. It just gives the opponent another reason to try harder to beat you. Every team is thinking they have a shot at something during the off season.

Saying your going to win the SB is no big deal. It's when you declare your guaranteeing a win over a rival that it's a bad idea. It just gives the opponent another reason to try harder to beat you. Every team is thinking they have a shot at something during the off season.

That was what I was trying to convey....

If you've been in the league any length of time you realize

you better stay low keyed because the fall is tuff to take when

people start quoting you from months back.

Its best to be confidient and wait for Sunday.

Anyone remember a player to predict a super bowl victory then achieve it?

I'm at a loss. I think an Eagles superbowl appearance would be a good start Asante.

Actually, to Jerry Reese's credit. In training camp, he predicted the Giants would win the SB in 2007.