SportsWrath

Somebody talk me down...

fishgutmartyr

That's because they weren't. The cowboys have no character... half of their roster was on parole. Jones went out of his way to sign morons...

that's easy to say now after things imploded. at that time, they were 13-3, the number 1 seed in the NFC, and had looked very strong most of the season. the dog thinks the giants season this past year was extremely similar. but to look at it differently, even though the giants "slightly" edged the patriots in the super bowl that year, nobody here was looking to say that the patriots were still the best team in the nfl...

that's easy to say now after things imploded. at that time, they were 13-3, the number 1 seed in the NFC, and had looked very strong most of the season. the dog thinks the giants season this past year was extremely similar. but to look at it differently, even though the giants "slightly" edged the patriots in the super bowl that year, nobody here was looking to say that the patriots were still the best team in the nfl...

just like last year we werent the best team in the nfc

i say it alot and stand by it: "the best team wins the games that matter" ie: playoffs and superbowl

Again, it's not rocket science numbnuts. Go to the Patriots or Cowboys board at that time, and I gurantee they're saying they're still the best team, this year and that. It's common sense. This site is a Giant's fan site. What about that is so hard for you to grasp?

Again, it's not rocket science numbnuts. Go to the Patriots or Cowboys board at that time, and I gurantee they're saying they're still the best team, this year and that. It's common sense. This site is a Giant's fan site. What about that is so hard for you to grasp?

he thinks we need a conscience.

Agreed. It's hard not to have bias towards one's team.

the dog isn't siding with anyone...just stating facts. when a team loses, everyone wants a scapegoat. in this case, the giants were outplayed, out hit, and beaten on the field. could some calls be better? yes...about the same percentage of calls that could be better in every game, except when the team wins, those aren't an issue to anyone...

Eagles < 60 rushing yards.

Giants > 160 rushing yards.

Outhit? :ermm:

KG came out dedicated to run the ball in that game, and it payed off. He didn't give it the same chance in the Philly game.

I agree. We should have handled the Eagles like we handled the Panthers, and the Ravens before them.

The fact is, the rushing game was working. But for reasons that can only be attributed to the gameplan, we decided that we had to throw downfield, too. There's this concept called "field position" that goes along with handling a poor weather game.

When you look at rushing yards and wins, the statistics are damning - teams that are held below 100 yards are much less likely to win than teams that rush for more than 100 yards.

If someone told me that Westbrook would be held to less than 60 yards on the ground, I'd predict a victory.

We lost to the better team that day, but only because they played smarter ball, not more physical ball. Mistakes in the passing game, 2 misses field goals, poor 1st half clock management, not using Bradshaw at all in a short passing role, and a poor decision by Coughlin to take the ball instead of the wind at kickoff......these are all legitiimate critiques, and I haven't read anything to indicate they are not valid.

That's it for me :deadhorse:

I think you just proved my point for me. I would guess there's five "Fire Gilbride" threads for every "Hey, he called a decent game," the latter of which is the Internet equivalent of pulling teeth.

When it comes to this game, that's all we are arguing. We didn't run enough, because it was the only thing working. All the incompletions and turnovers are what ifs.

That's what you're arguing. My initial post was a response to the notion that Gilbride had ignored the run altogether.

You're wrong about that. We were at the 50. Perhaps you don't remember the game as well as you think. You can watch the lowlights on nfl.com if you're still in doubt. Look for the 3:24 mark in the 4th.

You're right though, at that point, we had to throw, I shouldn't bitch about the throwing at the end of the 4th, but about the lack of preparation and execution from the offense. The 4th also happened to be the best quarter passing that manning had in the whole game.

You're correct. I misread the play-by-play.

Actually I said we give him 'much' of the accolades, not 'too much'. He deserves his share, though I think he gets too much credit for the running game's success. I'm just saying that he is deserving of some of the criticism as well when we lay an egg like we did in the playoffs. I'm not sure I can empathize with you about reading 'gilfuck'. You're well aware of the strong opinions here about football. It's part of what makes this place great.

Kevin the smart dude is the worst idea for a nickname I have ever heard. :)

In my experience, the criticism he receives far outweighs any accolades. And this isn't something specific to Gilbride; it applies to just about every OC in football. Fans hate offensive coordinators, apparently. I blame Madden Football.

"Kevin the smart dude" -- along with the others -- is the intellectual equivalent of "Kildrive." Mindlessly dumb.

KG came out dedicated to run the ball in that game, and it payed off. He didn't give it the same chance in the Philly game.

Against Carolina, we produced 10 pts. on our first two possessions -- more than we scored offensively against the Eagles. Simply put, we ran the ball much better against Carolina than we did against Philly, as evidenced by our 7.3 ypc vs. the Panthers. I think Gilbride was dedicated to the run throughout the Philly game until game conditions demanded that we abandon it in hopes of a miracle comeback victory.

i dont like kevin dickride cuz he didn't call more passing plays to madison fetchcocks

Mix in some passes to I-Clean Dicks and a few more handoffs to Random Gayclubs and we can call him Kevin Gaypride.

I think you just proved my point for me. I would guess there's five "Fire Gilbride" threads for every "Hey, he called a decent game," the latter of which is the Internet equivalent of pulling teeth.

I would say you're right, I was just pointing out that he does get credit when it's deserved, it's just not very often deserved imo.

Eagles < 60 rushing yards.

Giants > 160 rushing yards.

Outhit? :ermm:

since when is that stat indicative of being out-hit? the dog is also curious where you pulled the greater than 160 yards rushing from, as it was more like 138. regardless, if you must look at the breakout, look at jacobs numbers. 19 carries, 92 yards...not bad...now look at them carry by carry...if you do, you will see that he was bottled up consistently in each quarter, and minus a 24 yard run, his stats look significantly different. the dog is just saying, it is hard to stick with the ground game when the ground game wasn't as productive as you want to remember it to be...

since when is that stat indicative of being out-hit? the dog is also curious where you pulled the greater than 160 yards rushing from, as it was more like 138. regardless, if you must look at the breakout, look at jacobs numbers. 19 carries, 92 yards...not bad...now look at them carry by carry...if you do, you will see that he was bottled up consistently in each quarter, and minus a 24 yard run, his stats look significantly different. the dog is just saying, it is hard to stick with the ground game when the ground game wasn't as productive as you want to remember it to be...

My mistake, you are correct, 138. I was looking at the passing stats. My other comments remain unchanged.

Thanks, and good day to you sir.

As I remember the game Dog the Giants had trouble with running the ball with consistancy to

open up the passing game. The Eagles not having to worry about doubling the missing Plax

gave them the advantage that day. Eli had a terrible day throwing the ball in the wind and

Mc Nabb didnt! At such a point we had to try and throw and Eli and the gang couldnt get it done.

If I were the OC that day I would have tried to run a little more than KG but I dont think

the final scored would have changed. The eagles were determined to stop our run game and

they did and the stats dont show what truly happened.

That's what you're arguing. My initial post was a response to the notion that Gilbride had ignored the run altogether.

In that, I would agree with you. The run wasn't ignored so much as underutilized.

In my experience, the criticism he receives far outweighs any accolades. And this isn't something specific to Gilbride; it applies to just about every OC in football. Fans hate offensive coordinators, apparently. I blame Madden Football.

"Kevin the smart dude" -- along with the others -- is the intellectual equivalent of "Kildrive." Mindlessly dumb.

That goes without saying for any coach. It's very much a 'what have you done lately' league. When things go right, they're praised; when things go wrong, they're blamed. It's the nature of any business.

Kildrive or Gilfuck are supposed to be funny or demeaning or stupid. That's the essence of all nicknames.

Kevin the smart dude is lame in comparison and certainly no equivalent.

Against Carolina, we produced 10 pts. on our first two possessions -- more than we scored offensively against the Eagles. Simply put, we ran the ball much better against Carolina than we did against Philly, as evidenced by our 7.3 ypc vs. the Panthers. I think Gilbride was dedicated to the run throughout the Philly game until game conditions demanded that we abandon it in hopes of a miracle comeback victory.

In the Carolina game, we didn't come out avergaging 7.3 ypc. We ran 12 times in the 1st for 4ypc vs only 6 passes.

We avgerage around the same up until Ward broke the 34 yarder with under 2 minutes in the 1st half.

It payed off, as it was the Carolina Defense that got tired and battered.

For the record, I don't recall anyone saying Gilbride ignored the run. Rather, he ignored Bradshaw, who could have provided the late-game, dual-threat jolt the Giants needed (6.1 yard rushing average, 7.7 yard receiving average).

The rushing attack was underutilized, as Nesta suggested, and misused too - direct snaps to Ward? QB sneak by Eli?

And in fairness, the defense had their share of miscues. The end of the 1st half was terrible, and that 3rd and 21 to Avant was a monster play.....They shut down Westbrook, but they couldn't lay a hand of McNabb, and that was huge too.

That goes without saying for any coach. It's very much a 'what have you done lately' league. When things go right, they're praised; when things go wrong, they're blamed. It's the nature of any business.

Offensive coordinators are a different ballgame, especially when contrasted with defensive coordinators. People loved Spags (and John Fox before him) but never missed an opportunity to rag on Gilbride, even though our offensive and defensive numbers were similarly good (i.e. top-10 in points, yards) during their tenures.

Kildrive or Gilfuck are supposed to be funny or demeaning or stupid. That's the essence of all nicknames.

Kevin the smart dude is lame in comparison and certainly no equivalent.

It's intentionally lame. If you haven't picked up on it by now, I have a really low opinion of fans who purposefully deploy degrading nicknames as attempts at "comedy." Belicheat, Dim Lewis, etc. F-

And for the record, those Gilbride nicknames were made up by Houston Oilers fans in the early 1990s. So if anyone really wants to be funny, maybe they could come up with something original.

In the Carolina game, we didn't come out avergaging 7.3 ypc. We ran 12 times in the 1st for 4ypc vs only 6 passes. We avgerage around the same up until Ward broke the 34 yarder with under 2 minutes in the 1st half.

It payed off, as it was the Carolina Defense that got tired and battered.

We ran frequently against Philly, too, even without the early point totals we were able to generate against the Panthers. But in that game, it didn't pay off.

For the record, I don't recall anyone saying Gilbride ignored the run. Rather, he ignored Bradshaw, who could have provided the late-game, dual-threat jolt the Giants needed (6.1 yard rushing average, 7.7 yard receiving average).

The rushing attack was underutilized, as Nesta suggested, and misused too - direct snaps to Ward? QB sneak by Eli?

And in fairness, the defense had their share of miscues. The end of the 1st half was terrible, and that 3rd and 21 to Avant was a monster play.....They shut down Westbrook, but they couldn't lay a hand of McNabb, and that was huge too.

I think you and Bradshaw need to take a tandem bicycle ride together. -1.4% DVOA. Fumbles. Two 1,000 yard rushers (not to mention the top two guys in DYAR) ahead of him. He did not play well last year, and the coaches could not trust him to play fundamentally sound. And yet were remiss to not get him more playing time?

You want to talk about mistakes, how about the inconceivable stubborness of using Bradshaw (rather than Hixon) as the kick returner, where he ranked 29th in the league. Field position is important, too...