SportsWrath

Somebody talk me down...

fishgutmartyr

I'm getting too high on this team. I keep thinking this is the strongest team we've had since the 80's (and you can include the '07 team), and I don't see much to worry about.

Yes, we don't have the vet wide receiver that's been a regular starter, but we do have receivers that potentially can do it, but haven't gotten the chance yet.

Our linebackers were our only defensive weakness--but we've addressed that problem this off-season. Even if none of our young backers break the starting rotation, we're still light-years ahead of where we were even in '06.

The only other thing I worry about is BACKUP Oline. Even there, only at center. I really hope we get a Guy Ruegamer clone after the first few cuts of training camp.

I mean there's a lot of fretting about kicker here--but think about that--our worries include kicker? I bet St. Louis fans would love to have one of their big personnel worries be a kicker.

But as a long-time Giants fan, all this scares the shit out of me. I'm half-waiting for the other shoe to drop. Where could that shoe come from?

I'd like to talk you down, but I'm in the same boat. Our defense is friggin scary and we have so many offensive weapons that it's scary.

A major injury to Eli would really screw things up. Or if we have several WR's go down we could have trouble putting points on the board. But in reality, I don't see a lot of teams putting up a lot of points on us. We might even hang a donut or two of some teams this year.

Nicks/Britt/Maclin

are all 18

I see Nicks changing.

No, Nicks said he's keeping 18.

I believe in an interview he said "the player makes the number, the number doesnt make the player"

Plus who really gives a fuck about what other teams WRs are? Nicks is still going to have the better career (homerism off)

No, Nicks said he's keeping 18.

I believe in an interview he said "the player makes the number, the number doesnt make the player"

Plus who really gives a fuck about what other teams WRs are? Nicks is still going to have the better career (homerism off)

Well if the player makes the number then I guess Nicks will stay 18 while Britt and Maclin change.

I'd like to talk you down, but I'm in the same boat. Our defense is friggin scary and we have so many offensive weapons that it's scary.

A major injury to Eli would really screw things up. Or if we have several WR's go down we could have trouble putting points on the board. But in reality, I don't see a lot of teams putting up a lot of points on us. We might even hang a donut or two of some teams this year.

Losing Eli wouldn't hurt us as much as losing Jacobs would.

we could always replace Eli with Carr..who has a WAY better arm.

Really?

How so?

1. I expected you to reply to my comment first lol

2. Carr has a stronger arm then Eli, and can play better in the weather than him.

other then that I'd take eli over carr in every other way.

That reminds me...need to brick off the crawl space. :sly:

I think that has as much to do with Gilbride as Manning.

Yikes! You're probably right about Buffalo.

I don't know, if I was on the defense on the field and looked to the sideline to see my coordinator praying, I wouldn't exactly feel confident. I think that part of Spags is way overblown. Play caller, practice guy, great coach. Still...

Again with the kicker. :lol:

Nesta, this may shock you: I completely agree with this. Although stubborn might not be the word: incapable of making changes on the fly might be the problem.

Oh where has the Gut of old gone too....I would expect such mistakes from your disciple (VG) not from a seasoned master such as yourself....I had to thrash BigBlue in front of his budding stable for such oversights....You must find your focus and lets not have any more such lapses....now I have a nice red head I will trade you two blonds for as she is something....special.... as I have a surplus of reds...three to be exact but I am short on blonds :evilgrin:

1. I expected you to reply to my comment first lol

2. Carr has a stronger arm then Eli, and can play better in the weather than him.

other then that I'd take eli over carr in every other way.

All those years of playing in the Houston dome must of made him better in the weather :P Carr is actually horrible in weather games infact he's TD/Int in outdoor games is 41/50 compared to Eli who is 90/62 plus in 2005 every single game Eli played was in an outdoor stadium and he finished 24/17.

All those years of playing in the Houston dome must of made him better in the weather :P Carr is actually horrible in weather games infact he's TD/Int in outdoor games is 41/50 compared to Eli who is 90/62 plus in 2005 every single game Eli played was in an outdoor stadium and he finished 24/17.

Wait are you trying to say David Carr doesn't have a stronger arm then Eli Manning?

ok..

Wait are you trying to say David Carr doesn't have a stronger arm then Eli Manning?

ok..

Did you even bother to read my post?

ok....

Edit: Let me say this then, since you didnt bother to read my other post. Does Carr have a stronger arm then Eli? I dont know they both can throw the long pass, but I'll say for the sake of the argument sure why not. However if your trying to tell me Carr plays better in outdoor condition? Thats just laughable.

Did you even bother to read my post?

ok....

Edit: Let me say this then, since you didnt bother to read my other post. Does Carr have a stronger arm then Eli? I dont know they both can throw the long pass, but I'll say for the sake of the argument sure why not. However if your trying to tell me Carr plays better in outdoor condition? Thats just laughable.

There arms are in no comparison.

Eli has an arm of a 12 year old boy.

Eli has better accuracy, but AGAIN..if you have a stronger arm..that means you can throw better in the wind.

Carr just needs accuracy to be better in the weather then Eli..other then that Eli is a better player.

There arms are in no comparison.

Eli has an arm of a 12 year old boy.

Eli has better accuracy, but AGAIN..if you have a stronger arm..that means you can throw better in the wind.

Carr just needs accuracy to be better in the weather then Eli..other then that Eli is a better player.

Actually....Eli has a very strong arm. His problem is accuracy.

I'm thinking he's working on his arm stregnth this offseason

I don't really know how he can work on his accuracy...

Are you serious?? The reason we need WR's that can make crazy catches is because the ball isn't usually right on the money. But he has been known for having a very strong arm and can throw one of the longest balls of anyone in the NFL....btw, McNabb has the strongest.

Are you serious?? The reason we need WR's that can make crazy catches is because the ball isn't usually right on the money. But he has been known for having a very strong arm and can throw one of the longest balls of anyone in the NFL....btw, McNabb has the strongest.

i'll go with demarcus russell

Wait, hold on bro, I didn't say how can Eli work on his accuracy..I ment I don't know HOW he can..like in what way can he do it.

Sometimes Eli aims the ball insteads of throws it. He's made strides, but he does

sometimes throw off his back foot still. Now, I realize that throwing off your backfoot is

sometimes necessary, but not all the time.

his arm is sufficient- by no means is he an elway or a marino. he can throw far but he puts some air under his throws. and i agree, he can't do much about accuracy (his problem since Ole Miss) but he can improve his touch- like getting the proper arc on screens and fades and getting zip on the slants and outs. it's mostly about footwork. we'll see....

his arm is sufficient- by no means is he an elway or a marino. he can throw far but he puts some air under his throws. and i agree, he can't do much about accuracy (his problem since Ole Miss) but he can improve his touch- like getting the proper arc on screens and fades and getting zip on the slants and outs. it's mostly about footwork. we'll see....

Yup!