SportsWrath

Have you seen Hakeem Nicks "The Amazing Catch"?

rphguy

At the college level that little behind the back move would work. At this level, he probably would have gotten stripped because very few receivers have the time and space to complete that trick.

Best remark I heard about Nicks was on the NFL network by his former HC Butch Davis. I am paraphrasing here, but he said that Nicks has such good hands he can make an average QB look good.

This catch was phenomenal and showed a great amount of concentration on any level.

Best remark I heard about Nicks was on the NFL network by his former HC Butch Davis. I am paraphrasing here, but he said that Nicks has such good hands he can make an average QB look good.

This catch was phenomenal and showed a great amount of concentration on any level.

I was worried about our receiver situation by not getting Braylon/Boldin. But Nicks and Barden are starting to give me high hopes.

On any level, thats great awareness and hands. If he would get stripped or not in the NFL is irrelevant, he caught a pass most would not. Thats not Giants homerism, thats just me commenting on a catch that required great skill, quickness, hands and awareness.

Now, for the comparison, Tyree's catch was 90% luck.....Nicks' catch was 90% skill. BUT, throwing out the importance of the catch, Tyree's was still more spectacular.

nice slight of hand catch but does not even come close to the incredible concentration and strength exhibited in the "Velcro Helmet" catch.......not to mention the do or die situation it was caught in

I hope David Tyree makes the team this year and continues where he left off

I don't follow college football anywhere near as closely as I'd like so I knew next to nothing about Nicks going into the draft. But after watching all his highlights, you know who he reminds me of?...Anquan Boldin. Stout guy, great hands, good after catch....Nicks has better straight line speed though. I really like this pick :-)

I don't follow college football anywhere near as closely as I'd like so I knew next to nothing about Nicks going into the draft. But after watching all his highlights, you know who he reminds me of?...Anquan Boldin. Stout guy, great hands, good after catch....Nicks has better straight line speed though. I really like this pick :-)

Alot of people say that he resembles Anquan, but I see him more like a Michael Irvin myself.