SportsWrath

Draft Day 2

Treehugger

Seems like a lot of safeties left the board in round 2 but I'd like someone to push Johnson for his spot. And I want a decent kicker we can keep for a few years, please!

Anyone that you guys want still on the board?

I agree with you on a kicker. Someone who will be here a while. Maybe the new Giants stadium will be like the new Yankee stadium.....homers all day.

Seriously, we are sitting pretty. We addressed our three biggest areas of need on day one.

For day 2, I think Reese will look O-line, if he can get good value at Guard and at Center, he will try to find an heir apparent for O'Hara someday. They could bring in a sleeper RB to compete with Ware, and don't be surprised to hear Ramses Barden or a similar big WR target, even though we already got Nicks.

They also might go for a young safety but I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow was all about the offense.

Seriously, we are sitting pretty. We addressed our three biggest areas of need on day one.

For day 2, I think Reese will look O-line, if he can get good value at Guard and at Center, he will try to find an heir apparent for O'Hara someday. They could bring in a sleeper RB to compete with Ware, and don't be surprised to hear Ramses Barden or a similar big WR target, even though we already got Nicks.

They also might go for a young safety but I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow was all about the offense.

It would be great if we grabbed 1 or 2 more receivers and let them compete in camp.

Same goes for safety and lb.

I wouldn't mind the Giants going after Luis Murphy.

I'm glad you said that, Nem. Murphy being on the board still is kind of a shock to me. He has good size and blazing speed. I think that he's not going to last until 91, though. If he does, I would LOVE for the Giants to get him. Murphy is one of the biggest sleepers in this draft... He is somewhat of a boom or bust but his upside is limitless. Potentially if they were to draft him the Giants could be drafting their #1 and #2 receivers of the future.

I'm glad you said that, Nem. Murphy being on the board still is kind of a shock to me. He has good size and blazing speed. I think that he's not going to last until 91, though. If he does, I would LOVE for the Giants to get him. Murphy is one of the biggest sleepers in this draft... He is somewhat of a boom or bust but his upside is limitless. Potentially if they were to draft him the Giants could be drafting their #1 and #2 receivers of the future.

I would rather get Ramsees Barden than Murphy

positions I think we are still considering

WR - Another WR preferably another big target.

OC - Replace Ruegamer and develop for the future

TE - A recieving complement to Boss

RB - The Giants likely want 4 RBs, the 4th spot is wide open

CB - Solid with Ross, Webster, Thomas and Dockery, but there are likely 5 or 6 roster spots (depending on the CB:S ratio)

S - Solid with Phillips, Johnson and Brown, but there are likely 4 or 5 roster spots (depending on the CB:S ratio)

K/P - Depending on how things go. Feagles must be in his last year and Tynes is risky at best. Ideally this would be Graham Gano who can play both.

None of these are what I would call uregnt needs, but all are positions the Giants will at least want to upgrade depth and develop for the future.

We have so little room for rookies to fit into the regulars, that I think we should just load up, let them fight it out in camp and see which of the cream rises to the top. Some of the best players in the history of the NFL were late round picks and many were not even drafted. I have aboslutely no problem cutting some of our regular players (do you hear me Moss) who haven't stepped up to the plate and produced, or as age takes it's toll, have lost a step and perhaps, lost some of their youthful enthusiasm for the game.

Personally.....I want the Giants to grab a couple more WR's to see if they can cut it. I'd love to see the Giants take Barden and maybe take Johnny Knox who they invited for a pre-draft visit. Knox is about the same size as Moss, but ran the 40 in 4.29 for the Giants. He's a tough overlooked kid from a small school. It would also give us a reason to release Moss and call that experiment a day. The kid has a lot to prove.

Regardless....day two in the draft is a crapshoot. I say load up and see what shakes out. Add a TE, RB, MLB, CB, OG, etc. and run them through the wringer. At least one should shake out to be a keeper and potential star.

I think guys who get no attention on Day One have something to prove for being overlooked. The prima donas drafted on the first day start to believe their own hype and don't have the drive and motivation that the forgotten guys have.....not to mention, first day draftees are 21 yr old instant millionaires and are easily distracted at that age whereas, those late rounders and undrafted guys play for little cash, but the opportunity to prove themselves as well as go for the carrot (multi-million dollar contract) by playing their asses off.

Should be an interesting day.

Here's a partial list of some players (that I know of) who were invited to Giants camp for predraft visits and private workouts (of course, some are already off the board, but should lend some insight into where the Giants might go with their next picks):

CB Vince Anderson - Webber International (Fla.)

WR Ramses Barden - Cal-Poly

WR Maurice Covington - Virginia

WR Hakeem Nicks - North Carolina

DE Larry English - Northern Illinois

WR Johnny Knox - Abilene Christian

LB Tyrone McKenzie - South Florida

DE Everette Pedescleaux - Northern Iowa

LB Clint Sintim - Virginia

LB Spencer Adkins - Mia. (Fla.)

TE Travis Beckum - Wisconsin

TE Carson Butler - Michigan

WR Dobson Collins - Gardner-Webb

OT Xavier Fulton - Illinois

LB Kenny Mainor - Troy

RB LeSean McCoy - Pitt

I can't believe the idiot Jets gave up a 3rd, 4th, and 7th to move up 11 spots in the 3rd round. Now I'm pissed.

But you have Sanchez, and he is the new face of New York :P

Get ready though, all the crap we went through with Eli you will probably be going through with Sanchez.