SportsWrath

Will the Braylon trade happen On Draft day ?

Lughead

GIANTS MAY TRADE FOR EDWARDS ON DRAFT DAY

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

Last updated: 6:58 am

April 22, 2009

Posted: 1:59 am

braylon_edwards.jpg

Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards can be had, and the Giants could get him in a trade during Saturday's draft.

Justin Tuck figured Plaxico Burress would be done in by the legal

system or NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, not by the Giants themselves.

Tuck was surprised the team took the preemptive strike of releasing its

best receiver.

"But not to the point I can sit there and say I didn't see that

coming," Tuck said yesterday during a break from an off-season workout.

"Obviously we need some guys to step up and fill that void. We have

guys here who can do that."

OTHER RECEIVERS CONFIDENT

While Tuck expressed confidence in Steve Smith, Domenik Hixon and

the other young receivers on the roster, he also spoke glowingly about

Braylon Edwards, who is on the trading block as the Browns listen to

offers. The Giants are interested, and the smart money is on a deal

going down Saturday during the first round of the NFL Draft, possibly

if the Browns, with the fifth overall selection, are able to secure

Michael Crabtree out of Texas Tech.

"Me and Braylon go back a long ways," Tuck said. "We were in the

same draft class. We played each other, Notre Dame and Michigan, so

I've had a couple of run-ins with him. He was a Pro Bowl wide receiver

for a reason. I think he had a down year last year for whatever reason.

Obviously an addition of a wide receiver of that nature would

definitely help this football team."

Tuck, a Pro Bowl defensive end, became the second prominent Giants

player to openly endorse Edwards, following Eli Manning's

unusually-candid remarks last week. Without Burress and Amani Toomer,

Tuck says he likes that there's now more pressure on the defense to

dominate. But he sure sounded excited about adding Edwards to the mix.

"I think he definitely can lock down one side of the field when

he's playing his best football," Tuck said of the 6-3, 215-pound

Edwards. "He has the same kind of effect that Plaxico had, a big, tall

receiver who can get down field in a hurry and stretch a defense."

Tuck said he and Edwards are "pretty good friends" and that he is

the type of player and person who would fit into the Giants locker

room.

"I know Braylon is not the type of guy, a look-at-me-type player," Tuck said.

Another less likely possibility to add via a trade is Anquan Boldin of the Cardinals, who wants out of Arizona.

Now here is hoping the eagles don't step right in before draft day and make the deal . If they do we trade a pick and Moss to Spags for the Rams#2 pick and take Crabtree away from the browns.

Now here is hoping the eagles don't step right in before draft day and make the deal . If they do we trade a pick and Moss to Spags for the Rams#2 pick and take Crabtree away from the browns.

You need to lay down while your dreaming. :P All this Edwards talk makes you think something may happen but time will tell.

We would have to trade more then a pick and Moss to get up to the #2 pick, Reese seems to be wanting to hang on to every single draft pick(lord only knows why) One we don't want to pay ten rookies two we do not have 10 roster spots available, we trade our Shockey picks for Braylon and then take Rey Maulauga with the 29th pick, and getting Crabtree would be ridiculous we would have to pay #2 pick money for a unproven reciever, Braylon would actually come cheaper then Crabtree.

A bunch of teams will be going after Boldin, probably more so too. Lessens the demand for Braylon substantially.

The Browns can either move him and get some draft picks for him, or they can wait out one more year only to have Braylon leave them in 2010 free agency. THe Browns aren't in the best spot here.

A bunch of teams will be going after Boldin, probably more so too. Lessens the demand for Braylon substantially.

The Browns can either move him and get some draft picks for him, or they can wait out one more year only to have Braylon leave them in 2010 free agency. THe Browns aren't in the best spot here.

In addition, the Browns don't want to trade Edwards away before they pick, because that will totally show their cards that they are targeting Crabtree. It's better for the Browns to just wait, then make the deal when they are officially on the clock, provided Crabtree is still there. The one thing that could mess this totally up is if one of the 4 teams ahead of them take Crabtree themselves. Although, I think Lions' fans would have a revolt if they went receiver #1, lol. Seattle just got TJ Housh, but they could still do it, you never know. Hopefully they take Sanchez. The Rams and Chiefs are at 2 and 3 respectively. I'd be really shocked if the Chiefs don't take Aaron Curry... and you have to think the Rams will try to replace Orlando Pace with Jason Smith. So unless Seattle flubs it for the Browns, and us, I think this is going to happen.

:lol:

your name is appropriate if you really think that gets you the #2 overall pick in the draft.

do you know the slightest thing about a draft value chart?

In addition, the Browns don't want to trade Edwards away before they pick, because that will totally show their cards that they are targeting Crabtree. It's better for the Browns to just wait, then make the deal when they are officially on the clock, provided Crabtree is still there. The one thing that could mess this totally up is if one of the 4 teams ahead of them take Crabtree themselves. Although, I think Lions' fans would have a revolt if they went receiver #1, lol. Seattle just got TJ Housh, but they could still do it, you never know. Hopefully they take Sanchez. The Rams and Chiefs are at 2 and 3 respectively. I'd be really shocked if the Chiefs don't take Aaron Curry... and you have to think the Rams will try to replace Orlando Pace with Jason Smith. So unless Seattle flubs it for the Browns, and us, I think this is going to happen.

Yeah I think so too, that they're waiting to make sure they draft Crabtree. Seattle could potentially be a thorn in our side, and ruin the whole thing if they take Crabtree before the browns. Most mocks don't have crabtree until the browns pick him at #5, but some have seattle taking him.

Why would Seattle take Sanchez? Is Hasselbeck that out of favour?

Tree, Hasselbeck is not out of favor but he'll be 34 this season and the Seahawks are thinking that if they are going to pay top dollar for a player at #4 overall, it should be on a franchise quarterback that they can groom to replace Hasselbeck with in another 2 or 3 years.

Why would Seattle take Sanchez? Is Hasselbeck that out of favour?

I dont think he is out of their favour but he is turning what? 35? He only has acouple more seasons left in the tank. They might as well draft and start grooming a replacement for him.

your name is appropriate if you really think that gets you the #2 overall pick in the draft.

Do you know the slightest thing about satire? Fucking idiot.

Tree, Hasselbeck is not out of favor but he'll be 34 this season and the Seahawks are thinking that if they are going to pay top dollar for a player at #4 overall, it should be on a franchise quarterback that they can groom to replace Hasselbeck with in another 2 or 3 years.

Ahh, thanks. I didn't realise he was that old.

He knows a thing or two about your mom in bed fucktard.

He knows a thing or two about your mom in bed fucktard.

Sure do, I needed 2 Sherpa's and 3 pack Mules just to get to the summit but when we got there We had to quickly rappel back down due to the toxic stench that was rolling up from the valley of death. Sadly We lost the Mules, poor critters. On the next excursion we plan on taking some gas mask's and a flock of canaries. We will also have to retro fit some sort of safety breathing apparatus for our next pack of Mules. the Sherpa's had no clue that such a thing would happen to their Mules . I have agreed to pay them for their loses and before he strike out again they are going to make sure they have life insurance on the next pack.

The Next attempt will kick off on August 10th 2009..... wish me luck. :TU:

Sure do, I needed 2 Sherpa's and 3 pack Mules just to get to the summit but when we got there We had to quickly rappel back down due to the toxic stench that was rolling up from the valley of death. Sadly We lost the Mules, poor critters. On the next excursion we plan on taking some gas mask's and a flock of canaries. We will also have to retro fit some sort of safety breathing apparatus for our next pack of Mules. the Sherpa's had no clue that such a thing would happen to their Mules . I have agreed to pay them for their loses and before he strike out again they are going to make sure they have life insurance on the next pack.

The Next attempt will kick off on August 10th 2009..... wish me luck. :TU:

:LMAO:

awww....did i hurt your whittle bitty feelings again?

tell your dad he can cut my grass tomorrow so he'll have enough money to buy your mom a razor so the bitch can shave her nasty cunt

Tell him yourself when you're blowin him tomorrow. Make sure you take your mouth off his cock long enough to finish the whole sentence.