SportsWrath

Now that we have great depth

osi724dasack

Looks like the plan is too move Canty around like we did with Tuck last year, so does that mean DT starters are Bernard and Coefield, Robbins wore down and Alford could be a solid backup, which leads me to believe that Robbins will be released and use Kiwi and the top three picks in some fashion to get Boldin, who by the way has been quiet has of late but won't be much longer once Warner is obtained by San Fran OUCH!!!!!!!!! Matt Leinart? :lol:

nah- warner left SF without a contract, it's too blasphemous here for him and brenda. and i think AZ just upped their offer:

As expected, Kurt Warner has taken the 49ers' offer back to Arizona.

Warner's side has made a counter-offer to the Cardinals of two years, $23 million with $12 million guaranteed. In addition, Warner will give the Cardinals a $1 million discount if they get a long-term agreement in place with Anquan Boldin. (Those numbers are also being reported by several outlets, including ESPN and the Arizona Republic.)

Sources say the 49ers offered more money than what Warner is willing to take with the Cardinals. (It is not known exactly what the 49ers offered.)

Warner is making a concession on his salary, so it's hard to imagine the Cardinals would not meet him at his demand. Also, Warner's stance on Boldin puts even more pressure on the Cardinals to get this thing done.

dont know why arizona is being so cheap. they were a couple of mins away from a superbowl championship and they are letting 5-6 mil come between them and their qb? they must really think leinert can step in

dont know why arizona is being so cheap. they were a couple of mins away from a superbowl championship and they are letting 5-6 mil come between them and their qb? they must really think leinert can step in

its Arizona...the Bidwell's are still in shock that they actually made the Superbowl, they aren't sure what to do next

Warner's like 50 years old...it's just a matter of time before he has a Brett Favre-esque end to his career...a bullet to Corey Webster.

i think leinert can as well. i would be wary of giving warner another big contract.

i think leinert can as well. i would be wary of giving warner another big contract.

I'm surprised Kurt's career has lasted this long, let alone long enough to be able to move from Arizona to another team...I thought he was done when he played for us.

I'm surprised Kurt's career has lasted this long, let alone long enough to be able to move from Arizona to another team...I thought he was done when he played for us.

give a guy a decent line and 2 stud receivers and it's the fountain of youth. remember randall cunningham in '98?

give a guy a decent line and 2 stud receivers and it's the fountain of youth. remember randall cunningham in '98?

True...but I still feel that once a QB with happy feet, horrible ball control, and poor mechanics always a QB with happy feet, horrible ball control, and poor mechanics...

There are several rumors out there of the Giants working on a trade - Kiwi for Bolden

"Peter and I both agreed that the Giants have been very busy. It is hard to argue that the Giants have improved the front seven on defense with the acquisitions of Canty, Bernard and Boley. When I asked Peter about the future of Plaxico Burress with the Giants, he didn't seem to think there was one. Peter feels that the legal woes combined with Mayor Bloomberg's hard stance on guns will keep Burress away from the Giants all year. He did say that the Giants could be the final destination for standout Cardinal wideout Anquan Boldin". (Sid Rosenberg and Peter King) Sid Rosenberg Show

Another site that focuses on the Browns are talking about the Giants offering Kiwi for WR Braylon Edwards and PFT (profootballtalk.com) seems to think it's realistic that the Giants would be shopping Kiwi for a big play wideout that draws double coverage. They are also assuming Plax is finished with the gints.

MIdwest Sports

Profootball talk rumor mill

---------------------

I have no idea if these rumors are substantive, but those rumors are out there and with the number of defensive linemen we now have, it would almost make sense. Not only did we pick up two new lineman, but Osi will be back so we have a net gain of 3. Kiwi might be the most movable of the gang because he's highly desireable and has two years left on a modest salary. Also, he's a hybrid that can play LB in a 3-4. Bottom line: who knows? Trust in Reese!

I'll save you a lot of mental anguish....

There are no truth to those rumors; the Giants aren't interested in trading Kiwi.

Looks like the plan is too move Canty around like we did with Tuck last year, so does that mean DT starters are Bernard and Coefield, Robbins wore down and Alford could be a solid backup, which leads me to believe that Robbins will be released and use Kiwi and the top three picks in some fashion to get Boldin, who by the way has been quiet has of late but won't be much longer once Warner is obtained by San Fran OUCH!!!!!!!!! Matt Leinart? :lol:

That's not the plan.

Canty will start at DT, alongside Robbins or Cofield. If Osi's rehab goes as scheduled, he and Tuck are the starting ends. In passing situations, Tuck kicks inside and Kiwi lines up at DE. Bernard probably sees most of his playing time in this sub-package.

That's not the plan.

Canty will start at DT, alongside Robbins or Cofield. If Osi's rehab goes as scheduled, he and Tuck are the starting ends. In passing situations, Tuck kicks inside and Kiwi lines up at DE. Bernard probably sees most of his playing time in this sub-package.

(On where Canty will play - tackle or end) "He's going to play all over the front. You know how we do with our guys. We play them all over the front. I can see (defensive coordinator) Bill Sheridan using these guys in a variety of different ways. He's versatile. He'll play end, he'll play tackle and he might even play some over the nose. He has that skill set to play anywhere on the front."

Canty probably does start next to Coefield, i think Bernard regrets signing with us has he is being used only in "sub" packages. Bernard was a little shocked that we still brought in Canty, Robbins is the odd man out release or trade, the expansion Denver Broncos would take Robbins.

(On where Canty will play - tackle or end) "He's going to play all over the front. You know how we do with our guys. We play them all over the front. I can see (defensive coordinator) Bill Sheridan using these guys in a variety of different ways. He's versatile. He'll play end, he'll play tackle and he might even play some over the nose. He has that skill set to play anywhere on the front."

Canty probably does start next to Coefield, i think Bernard regrets signing with us has he is being used only in "sub" packages. Bernard was a little shocked that we still brought in Canty, Robbins is the odd man out release or trade, the expansion Denver Broncos would take Robbins.

Bernard knew the score when he signed here. He's a rotational player and borderline starter. Canty's upcoming visit was public knowledge, and Rocky still signed with that understanding.

Canty playing end, I think, is a bit overstated. In goal line grouping or other running situations, then he could see a lot of time as the strongside end. But otherwise, he doesn't have the speed to be an edge rusher.

I wouldn't expect Robbins to be released.

I've had the unfortunate opportunity to watch Cards games here. Let me tell you, not resigning Kurt and having Leinart take over, it'll be like watching the Lions play this past seaosn. The kid is a bust, in no way is he a NFL QB.

I've had the unfortunate opportunity to watch Cards games here. Let me tell you, not resigning Kurt and having Leinart take over, it'll be like watching the Lions play this past seaosn. The kid is a bust, in no way is he a NFL QB.

I just saw on ESPN bottom like that Warner told his agent to give the Cards a 2year/23 million dollar proposal. If not, looks like he will be with the Niners.

I just saw on ESPN bottom like that Warner told his agent to give the Cards a 2year/23 million dollar proposal. If not, looks like he will be with the Niners.

I saw that too. Did you see that he also said he'd reduce that price by a million if Anquan is resigned? The Bidwills would be stupid not to do this deal.

I saw that too. Did you see that he also said he'd reduce that price by a million if Anquan is resigned? The Bidwills would be stupid not to do this deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bidwell's pass on this deal. Remember this is the Cardinals we are talking about.

with due deference to your keen eye for talent, the only time you watched him was with a very lazy offensive line and a lame duck coaching staff. warner didn't look too good either at that time- QB's don't like to get hit, none of them do. except maybe big ben.