SportsWrath

Now that we have great depth

osi724dasack

with due deference to your keen eye for talent, the only time you watched him was with a very lazy offensive line and a lame duck coaching staff. warner didn't look too good either at that time- QB's don't like to get hit, none of them do. except maybe big ben.

I know he doesn't like to get hit, that's not what I'm referring to. He holds the ball to long, has a WEAK arm and never looks for 2nd or 3rd options at WR. He played 12 straight games one year, and he was just horrible. Yes, the line wasnt the greatest, but they were HUGE, and they were pretty much the same line that went to the SB.

the line was huge and awful at that time. why do you watch so miuch cardinals anyway.? i live in SF and hardly ever watch the 9ers or raiders. i know alex smith sucks but i couldn't give an opinion on demarcus based on last year where he started 12 or 14 games....

and arms are overrated. guys with big arms tend to throw big int's and they tend not to develop the rest of their game.

the line was huge and awful at that time. why do you watch so miuch cardinals anyway.? i live in SF and hardly ever watch the 9ers or raiders. i know alex smith sucks but i couldn't give an opinion on demarcus based on last year where he started 12 or 14 games....

and arms are overrated. guys with big arms tend to throw big int's and they tend not to develop the rest of their game.

They're very rarely on at the same time the Giants are. Usually the Giants play early, and the Cards follow them, theyre already on the TV. Plus, I watched alot of USC football due to bein a Sun Devils fan, so the year Leinart started, I watched him, cause I felt he'd be a non NFL caliber QB. Great in college, but not NFL material, and I wanted to see. Meh, IDK, I just think he'll stink.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bidwell's pass on this deal. Remember this is the Cardinals we are talking about.

No shit, they are $40 mill under the cap and can't find a way to sign both Warner and Boldin? The Cardinals are a joke as usual. For a team with the second highest cap space they have done nothing in FA to fill needs and with such low draft order FA was their best bet. I don't blame Warner for just thinking about the money because Arizona obviously isn't serious about returning to the SB. For everything that is wrong with the Giants at least they spend when they need to.

yeah a box of doughnuts

And nothing good either....6 plain glazed and 6 plain....nothing with any chocolate, cream or jelly in it. Hell someone may throw a box of stale 6 month old supermarket donuts at Reese whomever Reese tries to unload him on.

I'm convinced with the way that the Giants have rounded out there roster... with the fact that they are pretty set at RB, QB, and TE, and almost the entire defense save a linebacker and a backup safety or two, that with this many picks they should really try to make a trade, either to move up in the draft or to get a current NFL WR. But they should just trade picks (and any wide receiver not named Plaxico or Steve Smith) to get what they want. Obviously if they trade away current players they should get more than a higher draft pick. But going into the draft, they have few holes to fill and a lot of picks, so a trade seems like it would be in order here.

I'm convinced with the way that the Giants have rounded out there roster... with the fact that they are pretty set at RB, QB, and TE, and almost the entire defense save a linebacker and a backup safety or two, that with this many picks they should really try to make a trade, either to move up in the draft or to get a current NFL WR. But they should just trade picks (and any wide receiver not named Plaxico or Steve Smith) to get what they want. Obviously if they trade away current players they should get more than a higher draft pick. But going into the draft, they have few holes to fill and a lot of picks, so a trade seems like it would be in order here.

They are definitely trading some of these picks away, but I would find it hard for them to trade up to get a receiver...are there any "real" studs in this draft at any position other than QB since we don't need one of those?

They are definitely trading some of these picks away, but I would find it hard for them to trade up to get a receiver...are there any "real" studs in this draft at any position other than QB since we don't need one of those?

Everyone says that Crabtree is a stud but I have a few doubts. I doubt that Harvin and Maclin are true studs as well. I think the best WR's in this draft MIGHT be Britt, Nicks, Heyward-Bey, and Louis Murphy. These guys can be found near where we pick, so no need to trade up in the first. But if we want a stud OL, then it might make sense to trade up for a big time Tackle like Andre Smith, who is a character concern but physically is probably the best tackle in the draft. We do that only if we want to move Diehl back to Guard, though. I'm not sure I see the benefit of trading up in the first round. A better move in my opinion is trading a couple of mid round picks for another pick in the 2nd, where I think there will be a great deal of value in this year's draft. Say a 4th and a 5th.

If we are not interested in trading for higher picks at all, then I think the best scenario (and probably the most likely one), is that we trade picks for Boldin or Braylon Edwards.

Everyone says that Crabtree is a stud but I have a few doubts. I doubt that Harvin and Maclin are true studs as well. I think the best WR's in this draft MIGHT be Britt, Nicks, Heyward-Bey, and Louis Murphy. These guys can be found near where we pick, so no need to trade up in the first. But if we want a stud OL, then it might make sense to trade up for a big time Tackle like Andre Smith, who is a character concern but physically is probably the best tackle in the draft. We do that only if we want to move Diehl back to Guard, though. I'm not sure I see the benefit of trading up in the first round. A better move in my opinion is trading a couple of mid round picks for another pick in the 2nd, where I think there will be a great deal of value in this year's draft. Say a 4th and a 5th.

If we are not interested in trading for higher picks at all, then I think the best scenario (and probably the most likely one), is that we trade picks for Boldin or Braylon Edwards.

I was just on NFL.com and they have us taking Britt

This seems to be a red-chip draft, so I wouldn't anticipate a blockerbuster trade. Those three picks (29, 45, 60) are looking really valuable right now. If they don't land a veteran, maybe they engineer a small trade up if they don't want to risk losing the WR they really want...

I dnt want a WR

we dont need one with Plax or without him through draft

the only way id want a WR is if we trade for one.

Manningham, Moss, Hixon, Smith are all young, talented receivers

What did young and talented do for them last year?

Smith is a nice complementary receiver. Complementary. Moss sucks. Hixon's decent but he had his chance last year. And I'm sure as fuck not pinning any hopes on Mario.

We need a WR if we don't get Plax back. Period.

I was just on NFL.com and they have us taking Britt

I read Kirwans draft too and he has Jacksonville taking a QB? so do some other mocks did i miss something? as of a week ago David Garrard was still the almighty savior in Jacksonville did they fall in love with Stafford. I know this ain't Giant related but i still love the draft and its not fucking baseball fuck

What did young and talented do for them last year?

Smith is a nice complementary receiver. Complementary. Moss sucks. Hixon's decent but he had his chance last year. And I'm sure as fuck not pinning any hopes on Mario.

We need a WR if we don't get Plax back. Period.

I still feel Moss can be a playmaker

Mario will be a playmaker, just a matter of when

Smith is the chain mover

as well as Hixon, but Hixon could be a #1 potentially.

ALL these guys gotta see the field next year so we know where we are with our young guys. So if it came down to it id draft one mid round, or sign a cheap vet.

Tyree can play solid as well

I still feel Moss can be a playmaker

Mario will be a playmaker, just a matter of when

Smith is the chain mover

as well as Hixon, but Hixon could be a #1 potentially.

ALL these guys gotta see the field next year so we know where we are with our young guys. So if it came down to it id draft one mid round, or sign a cheap vet.

Tyree can play solid as well

Osi, you might be right with all of your assessments in the long run. But chances are that you are letting your bias get in the way of fair analysis of their abilities. What you have to go on is what you've seen already. What I've seen is that right now, Smith is a good possession receiver who is most valuable as the #3 receiver on a team. What I've seen is that Hixon has some good attributes, but he sometimes struggles against physical corners, and therefore isn't the package that we need as a #1. What I've seen is that Moss is a bust so far, although very quick. He could be a player, but at this point the odds are not in favor of him being a very productive receiver. And lastly, I've seen very little of Manningham to make any fair evaluation of his talent.

So if you want to pin your hopes on a bunch of wild cards and maybes, then you sit tight. But this team deserves better and Eli deserves better. Britt might be the best receiver in this draft. What he has that NO other receiver on our roster is SIZE and STRENGTH. I believe he was the best in the combine in the bench press, and ran very good 40 times for a big receiver as well. We have enough little speedy guys. We need a guy like Britt, 'cause just like we can't hope that these guys like Hixon and Moss and Mario pan out, we also can't just pin our superbowl hopes on Plaxico not going to jail, when everything points to the fact that he is going to have some kind of sentence to serve.

As for me, I would try and trade for Braylon or Boldin, AND get Britt. If Plax miraculously is spared, you have Plax and Braylon with Britt in the slot or backing up Plaxico, and when you go 4 wide you still have Smith. I can then cut Moss and Tyree, and I will go with those 4 guys plus Hixon and Manningham. That would turn our current liability of a receiving corps into a strength. But it's not likely to happen because I don't think we will be seeing Plax in a Giant uniform again. And of course I would try my best to keep Tyree, because he is a great gunner and is a pretty good receiver when he's been given the chance.

Osi, you might be right with all of your assessments in the long run. But chances are that you are letting your bias get in the way of fair analysis of their abilities. What you have to go on is what you've seen already. What I've seen is that right now, Smith is a good possession receiver who is most valuable as the #3 receiver on a team. What I've seen is that Hixon has some good attributes, but he sometimes struggles against physical corners, and therefore isn't the package that we need as a #1. What I've seen is that Moss is a bust so far, although very quick. He could be a player, but at this point the odds are not in favor of him being a very productive receiver. And lastly, I've seen very little of Manningham to make any fair evaluation of his talent.

So if you want to pin your hopes on a bunch of wild cards and maybes, then you sit tight. But this team deserves better and Eli deserves better. Britt might be the best receiver in this draft. What he has that NO other receiver on our roster is SIZE and STRENGTH. I believe he was the best in the combine in the bench press, and ran very good 40 times for a big receiver as well. We have enough little speedy guys. We need a guy like Britt, 'cause just like we can't hope that these guys like Hixon and Moss and Mario pan out, we also can't just pin our superbowl hopes on Plaxico not going to jail, when everything points to the fact that he is going to have some kind of sentence to serve.

As for me, I would try and trade for Braylon or Boldin, AND get Britt. If Plax miraculously is spared, you have Plax and Braylon with Britt in the slot or backing up Plaxico, and when you go 4 wide you still have Smith. I can then cut Moss and Tyree, and I will go with those 4 guys plus Hixon and Manningham. That would turn our current liability of a receiving corps into a strength. But it's not likely to happen because I don't think we will be seeing Plax in a Giant uniform again. And of course I would try my best to keep Tyree, because he is a great gunner and is a pretty good receiver when he's been given the chance.

theres no way the F/O goes in that direction, im aure they dont wanna set Smith, Hixon, Manningham to the 4, 5 , 6th Wrs

I read Kirwans draft too and he has Jacksonville taking a QB? so do some other mocks did i miss something? as of a week ago David Garrard was still the almighty savior in Jacksonville did they fall in love with Stafford. I know this ain't Giant related but i still love the draft and its not fucking baseball fuck

yeah I was surprised to see they had jacksonville with a QB also...not sure why...Garrard isnt that bad, he's not great, but he is seviceable.